Wandering Mind !! - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
@ tanthya

I appreciate you for initiating a discussion on a topic based on a character who is largely disliked by the audience here... that is something and is actually a healthy reflection of a sensible forum.

Now, to the points you have made about Rahul's characterisation and potential redemption, my responses below (yours in bold:)):

1. There is a clamor for closing down of Rahul track, a graceful bowing out of Rahul ...which I do not think is possible in the current format..for one Shanak have been on for almost a year and if they continued to show Shanak , there is a possibility  of Shanak fatigue...

ShaNak fatigue? What makes you say that? I doubt that very much... Just check the number of hits on ShaNak scenes in youtube. The jadibooti-paani scene has got 30,000 hits!!!!That's bcos ShaNak are being watched by people again and again... It's like saying Geet fans will soon suffer from Maneet fatigue or Pratigya fans will suffer from Kriya fatigue etc... from my observation, there are lots of people still holding candles for Jai-Bani, Micchi, Sujal and other on-screen pairs. So, my answer is, NO. there wud not have any fatigue whatsoever with ShaNak.

2. Rahul  is shown to be a man of depth, a dark avenger , a ruthless man..

I must confess, in all honesty, that 'depth' never came across... nor was Rahul a 'dark' avenger... am sorry but getting angry at friends because of assuming they taunted his economic situation makes him a short-tempered man, no 'dark avenger'... In order to 'avenge' he should have lost something. What was it? We heard him say something about his mom. Did she die? Because of Shantanu? That would be a cause to 'avenge', not 'amiri garibi'...As for 'ruthless, nope... that was never visible.. A man who cheats a gullible friend (Duck) and a love-sick girl into bringing in another happy-go-lucky man into his music company would not be classified as being 'ruthless'... he would be described as being 'manipulative'. Ruthless is too strong a word to be used for a weak character like Rahul.

3. I think one way of decreasing the hostile reception on Rahul would be for Rahul to approach Shanak and seek their forgiveness ..in simple heartfelt manner.

Well, thats the right thing to do but am afraid the time has passed.

Both Shan and Rahul are needed.

I for one always felt that one couple was enough for a show... 'Parallel leads' are for logistical reasons alone, as far as I understand. When they try to change that, and give more prominence to parallel leads, then the audience gets confused and perhaps angry.

But if the track had continued with the maturity fo Shan ..then culmination would have been achieved.

You know, I am finding it a bit hard to understand why some people think a 'mature' Shaan would be the end of RBO. People used to say that abt SR. That an SR is the end of a love-story. Is it really? Just because Shaan becomes mature, his life would have no problems?

A show ends if and when the channel and/or the PH decide to end it... rarely does it have to do with reasons like above- 'Our hero has become mature. let's all go home'... [Don't mean to tease you... am just imagining a convo in the CV room].

6 .Rahul can be redeemed, Vandu..when something  similar happens and he realizes the enormity of his action's ..

Good god! You don't mean another MMS, this time by Shaan, on Jenny or Sam, do you?😲

The CVs have made a big blunder by doing two things simultaneously- Shaan becoming stupid (hugging Rahul) and Rahul becoming good (giving Shaan a vehicle etc..)...

Fans here have been saying 'Let's give CVs time' for nearly three months now., Perhaps that's why your request is not getting registered may be? Fans feel like CVs have been given a lot of time and don't need more time.

A prof of mine once told me 'When something (as in some data collected) is indefensible, don't try to defend it because it will fall flat'. I am not saying you are wrong to attempt to see the other side of the story regarding Rahul. But you cannot make him acceptable... its for the CVs.

Kudos 2 u for puttin a bravefront...bt for him 2 redeem nw...hmmm..idk..bt i thnk d cvs lost it completely instead of him becumin Shaanz alter ego or wasn't he one, he mastermindes d Whole mms scandal n in anthr sec he goes n hugs him...DOES THAT MAKES SENSE TO U?? me toh a definite no..
Originally posted by jparker

@tanthya: I beg to differ here. The CV's have had enough time and space to resolve this issue. They are simply dilly dallying by introducing new characters.

Shantanu's character in that process is not being paid any attention in order to be brought to order. The current track is not helping either. And any person who makes a mistake and who realises that and tries to make ammends, is supposed to be given a fair chance. Here the CV's need to bring in something that gives Shantanu the opportunity to return!! he is trying and we can see that and we accept that too.. But then why RaJen!?!?!

and I don't see why Rahul-Jenny track that is being shown right now in such detail is going to be a key factor to resolving ShaNak issue here in Dhulwadi!! Why bring Anand then!!??

Jessica,

Had the Issue been resolved so fast and so smoothly, it would not have contributed to the progression in Shanak's life  nor would it have molded Shaan's views...it would have been a still blushing Khanak with forever interested in romp Shaan on one hand and a roote hue  Shan ko manathi hui Khanak , the next instance...How long can we watch it...by this act...they are allowing the graph to grow albeit slightly ...

Shan's character is  being paid attention , it is being altered slowly and imperceptibly ..we saw an instance of it when he is shocked afetr realizing that something is seriously wrong with Anand and instead of blurting it out , he manages to hold on to his tongue [once he understands that Anand does not want this news to leak out]...They are showing Shan learning ....

Just as there is anand in Shan's life..there is a Jenny in Rahul's .....so far they have not shown her character in its entirety and we have  been shown a facet ..thats it ...how can one conclude on that..lets wait and see...that is what I am  saying lets wait and watch..lets see what these two bring to the serial..

Anand will unify Shanak, Jenny will rip off the cold mask of Rahul n make him vulnerable,she will have a fatal effect on Rahul's life , it will be Shanaks task to forgive him n help him ...otherwise Jenny does not make sense ...
Awesome discussion......

thanks tanthya for making the topic and bringing on the discussion.....
loved everyones views......

wonderful points put forward by gaayu.......they resonate the pulse of the forum.....commendable indeed !!

My dad says that we should always keep in mind -- "Some mistakes can be corrected and some absolutely cannot. Similarly, some mistakes can be forgiven but some are such that they deserve punishment. So  the actions and reactions should be well thought of before committing something serious."
In this case what sort of crime Rahul has committed I would like to ask other members.....
Was it a simple friendly kiddish joke ??........
or a serious attempt to play with a woman's honour , self respect and reputation.......that too roping in her dead husband's look alike ??

The immaturity of characters is highlighted with this one Rahul -Shaan hug.................

my POV.......Rahul's character can not be redeemed and even if it is......
I don't see the character fit to play a parallel lead to the Shaan who was once the apple of our eye and is now reduced to a sissy......

Originally posted by deepa_01

Kudos 2 u for puttin a bravefront...bt for him 2 redeem nw...hmmm..idk..bt i thnk d cvs lost it completely instead of him becumin Shaanz alter ego or wasn't he one, he mastermindes d Whole mms scandal n in anthr sec he goes n hugs him...DOES THAT MAKES SENSE TO U?? me toh a definite no..

Am I in a battlefield ???😊 .....I am amidst frnds having an interesting discussion and one who are helping me in figuring out many knots in my head...

Rahul for me was the needed antithesis of Shan ....but it did not work out ...and they tried making him out to be a alterego...which did not work out either..

No, That  does not make sense ..and I have said it in the post itself...
Originally posted by The_May_Rose

That is the biggest question Sathya.....Lets hope the CVs are reading this!...... Amazing post as alwaysπŸ‘.....

I have not given up , yet..May ..since I am catching glimpses of the olden,golden RBO..will stay put and watch  with detachment ..[first time , I got too involved and was severely disappointed  ].

Thank You, May !!πŸ˜›
@tanthya..i don thnk ny of us here hv ny qualms wid d new gurl...d main pt is d Whole MMS-DHULWADI seems so rushed n hush...we wudn't hv hd ny problem hd Shaanz character wud hv been atleast 50%remorseful nd Manishz payng atleast sme price 4 his act.....dey hv tken d whole MMS thng in a very light note n supposedly d show airs on Starone which is a youth channel...nd sendin a wrong msg can't be dne wid!!WHO KNOWS WHO ALL GT INSPIRED??creative license ??? bt dis....na baba....
Originally posted by tanthya

Jessica,

Had the Issue been resolved so fast and so smoothly, it would not have contributed to the progression in Shanak's life  nor would it have molded Shaan's views...it would have been a still blushing Khanak with forever interested in romp Shaan on one hand and a roote hue  Shan ko manathi hui Khanak , the next instance...How long can we watch it...by this act...they are allowing the graph to grow albeit slightly ...

I meant resolving the MMS issue. i never said the issue has been resolved! They brought Dhulwadi to resolve the issue. at least that's what I presume!!

Shan's character is  being paid attention , it is being altered slowly and imperceptibly ..we saw an instance of it when he is shocked afetr realizing that something is seriously wrong with Anand and instead of blurting it out , he manages to hold on to his tongue [once he understands that Anand does not want this news to leak out]...They are showing Shan learning ....

Dearie, Shantanu was always sensitive!! The fact that he realises that Anand has something odd going on, is because he is sensitive. I am referring to Shantanu's forgiving or maybe say overlooking Rahul's mistake!! That somehow does not fir in his character. He is his character following Khanak to Dhulwadi to make amends. But here again the track is not helping him nor the storyline.

Just as there is anand in Shan's life..there is a Jenny in Rahul's .....so far they have not shown her character in its entirety and we have  been shown a facet ..thats it ...how can one conclude on that..lets wait and see...that is what I am  saying lets wait and watch..lets see what these two bring to the serial..

Pointless. They brought Anand to play cupid between ShaNak. Understandable. Though I somehow think pointless, but I guess it made some difference. But yet ShaNak were shown together in spite of Anand's presence and still anand has not yet interferred that much. But Jenny, is totally no needed and for what? To redeem rahul? For what he did?! Nah.. not understanding!! We waiting is the only option here right and we are waiting... Only hope that the wait is not too long!!😭

Anand will unify Shanak, Jenny will rip off the cold mask of Rahul n make him vulnerable,she will have a fatal effect on Rahul's life , it will be Shanaks task to forgive him n help him ...otherwise Jenny does not make sense ...
Exactly my point. Jenny was and is not needed here at this popint. Maybe never.

It is wishful thinking if you think Jenny is here to rip off the mask from Rahul's face! Why!? Why her? It is not necessary!! ShaNak already know that Rahul is responsible. They are the ones who should together be unforgiving to him or then bash him.

Am only arguing in good faith!😊
Originally posted by tanthya

Am I in a battlefield ???😊 .....I am amidst frnds having an interesting discussion and one who are helping me in figuring out many knots in my head...

Rahul for me was the needed antithesis of Shan ....but it did not work out ...and they tried making him out to be a alterego...which did not work out either..

No, That  does not make sense ..and I have said it in the post itself...
@bold: Atta girl!! Yes all is a discussion of the intellects and in good faith!!πŸ‘