Posted: 13 years ago

Hello Dears,

My post would be going against the grain, but I am also confident that this forum is secular enough to welcome different opinions and actually think about it instead of lashing blindly...

There is a clamor for closing down of Rahul track, a graceful bowing out of Rahul ...which I do not think is possible in the current format..for one Shanak have been on for almost a year and if they continued to show Shanak , there is a possibility  of Shanak fatigue...By introducing another lead , Creatives can keep the passion for Shanak intact while at the same time explore and expand their territories ...Going by many threads that demands the presence  of Shanak , one must say this tactic has worked to some extent .

Shanak are the main leads, but he cannot be shown to be a goody-goody, Mr.Perfect lover  and an irresponsible man all the time, Layers  should be added to the character, sometimes good and sometimes bad..this layer has to shown growing or a new fresh layer must be seen growing out of the old discarded  and venal layer.The Cv's are doing just that, they are showing or showed a different facet of Shan...

The CV's did not err by showing a ballistic Shan ,that he is possessive of Khanak  has been shown in many scenes [the garage scene, or the discussion about Suhag Raat ]..keeping this view Shan was in character when he blasted her where the CV's erred was in not showing him blasting off the person/person's responsible for the deed.They can still redeem this by showing him penitent , by making him realize  the gravity of Khanak's feelings..perhaps under the advice of Anand .

As for Rahul and his many liaisons..As I had already said he is needed to give a new impetus to the show,  and he should be , should have been a welcome  addition for while Shan is a fluffy featherweight, a shining beam, a light provider, Rahul  is shown to be a man of depth, a dark avenger , a ruthless man...he should have been the ideal counterpoint to Shan ...The CV's either miscalculated or were clueless or the actor was unable to bring about the varied nuances of Rahul..They should have made him a Grey shaded one throughout or they should have shown him to be a good man having a need for revenge only on Shaan, by including Khanak and Duck, Rahul was shown to be a manipulator and by hiring Sunny, Rahul degenerated  into a immoral man who will destroy an innocent's life just to get his fix of revenge ...Had they continued in this vein..it would have been accepted , although there would have many threads reviling Rahul , Viewer's would have looked out for the day when Shan would  deliver a stinging blow which will shatter Rahul to smithereens ...But That was not to be...The CV's as usual gave a knee jerk reaction and turned him positive in a hurry ,, the result being one is not able to empathize with him or even feel Sorry for him.....I think one way of decreasing the hostile reception on Rahul would be for Rahul to approach Shanak and seek their forgiveness ..in simple heartfelt manner .

IMO , Both Shan and Rahul are needed,  one  pair which shows love in bright light, understanding and unconditional  while another pair shows love with all its hidden insecurities, warts , egos and condition's. One pair to denote a spiritual love, One pair to show the materialistic love ..One pair to show that Love transcends all while the other pair  shows that love has its limitation's.....Yes !! This Serial has lots of potential, will the CV's explore  it ??

Edited by tanthya - 13 years ago
Originally posted by tanthya

Hello Dears,

My post would be going against the grain, but I am also confident that this forum is secular enough to welcome different opinions and actually think about it instead of lashing blindly...

There is a clamor for closing down of Rahul track, a graceful bowing out of Rahul ...which I do not think is possible in the current format..for one Shanak have been on for almost a year and if they continued to show Shanak , there is a possibility  of Shanak fatigue...By introducing another lead , Creatives can keep the passion for Shanak intact while at the same time explore and expand their territories ...Going by many threads that demands the presence  of Shanak , one must say this tactic has worked to some extent .

Shanak are the main leads, but he cannot be shown to be a goody-goody, Mr.Perfect lover  and an irresponsible man all the time, Layers  should be added to the character, sometimes good and sometimes bad..this layer has to shown growing or a new fresh layer must be seen growing out of the old discarded  and venal layer.

The CV's did not err by showing a ballistic Shan ,that he is possessive of Khanak  has been shown in many scenes [the garage scene, or the discussion about Suhag Raat ]..keeping this view Shan was in character when he blasted her where the CV's erred was in not showing him blasting off the person/person's responsible for the deed.They can still redeem this by showing him penitent , by making him realize  the gravity of Khanak's feelings..perhaps under the advice of Anand .

As for Rahul and his many liaisons..As I had already said he is needed to give a new impetus to the show,  and he should be , should have been a welcome  addition for while Shan is a fluffy featherweight, a shining beam, a light provider, Rahul  is shown to be a man of depth, a dark avenger , a ruthless man...he should have been the ideal counterpoint to Shan ...The CV's either miscalculated or were clueless or the actor was unable to bring about the varied nuances of Rahul..They should have made him a Grey shaded one throughout or they should have shown him to be a good man having a need for revenge only on Shaan, by including Khanak and Duck, Rahul was shown to be a manipulator and by hiring Sunny, Rahul degenerated  into a immoral man who will destroy an innocent's life just to get his fix of revenge ...Had they continued in this vein..it would have been accepted , although there would have many threads reviling Rahul , Viewer's would have looked out for the day when Shan would  deliver a stinging blow which will shatter Rahul to smithereens ...But That was not to be...The CV's as usual gave a knee jerk reaction and turned him positive in a hurry ,, the result being one is not able to empathize with him or even feel Sorry for him.....I think one way of decreasing the hostile reception on Rahul would be for Rahul to approach Shanak and seek their forgiveness ..in simple heartfelt manner .

IMO , Both Shan and Rahul are needed,  one  pair which shows love in bright light, understanding and unconditional  while another pair shows love with all its hidden insecurities, warts , egos and condition's. One pair to denote a spiritual love, One pair to show the materialistic love ..One pair to show that Love transcends all while the other pair  shows that love has its limitation's.....Yes !! This Serial has lots of potential, will the CV's explore  it ??

Bold-how I would have loved to see that!As of now nothing's happening on Shan's front to even feel anything for him.Possessive Shan is needed as of now!

Can't really say whether additional leads are required but I feel Rock On track basically failed cos of actors' incompetence.Heard that the actors who entered were good but yet to see that.
Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 13 years ago
Hey Tanthya

Nice post but I think you are giving this set of CVS way more credit than needed...

firstly, IMO, at this point,, this show has been damaged so badly,,, we need to get our hero back on track. Shaaan's characterisation has been butchered to smithereens and not the smithereens that we had hoped for...

Secondly, in my mind, Rahul needs to pay...this is not something that can be shifted under the carpet...and the CVs have not dealt with it at all,,,, he needs to pay for his misdeeds before we can construe him in another avataar

The dhulwaadi track needs to get revive some semblance of shanak before we crowd the RBO bus with more dynamics....

I am Saaz, nice post btw but like I said,,,,I WANT MY SHANAK AND SHAAN BACK...before anything else...
Agree with the fact that they shudve either let him  remain a Negative character or else if they wanted him to turn positive...They shudnt have made him do this MMS thing..

Atleast for me now Rahul's character is NOT redeemable even if he gets jailed for his deeds...His doing was DISGUSTING and UNFORGIVABLE........I dont want Khanak to EVER speak to him !!!

He needs to PAY for his deeds BIG TIME !!! He cant get away with this crap !!

And Shaan needs to do sumthing about this if he wants to redeem himself !!
Edited by togepe30 - 13 years ago
Grt post!!nd yes ourz is a very peaceful n friendly forum...cmg 2 d pt..i agree wid Saaaz n Vandu...dey hv completely ruined Shaanz character..frm bein a Love sick puppy to S** maniac nthng has been explored in d character soo fas as 4 as Manishz d cvs hv lost al clue hw 2 bring it abt..d character entered d show as a positive character wid d So Cald" Grey shades" bt wat we gt was no Positivity jst all d Darker shades of Grey !!lmao

The CV's did not err by showing a ballistic Shan ,that he is possessive of Khanak  has been shown in many scenes [the garage scene, or the discussion about Suhag Raat ]..keeping this view Shan was in character when he blasted her Agree...a normal male reaction....where the CV's erred was in not showing him blasting off the person/person's responsible for the deed. Exactly....thats what majority of us are disappointed with thats not the Shaan who stood up for his wife against Hetal, Mangal, his own Bhabi, his mom, or even his dad...thats the grievence that in order to make one character take a 360 degres turn, to make Rahul positive they in one blow killed the lead...sad...They can still redeem this by showing him penitent , by making him realize  the gravity of Khanak's feelings..perhaps under the advice of Anand .Yes they can redeem Shaan by showing that indeed...but also by..giving it to Rahul the mastermind behind it all..the main culprit.

As for Rahul and his many liaisons..As I had already said he is needed to give a new impetus to the show,  and he should be , should have been a welcome  addition for while Shan is a fluffy featherweight, a shining beam, a light provider, Rahul  is shown to be a man of depth, a dark avenger , a ruthless man...he should have been the ideal counterpoint to Shan ...The CV's either miscalculated or were clueless or the actor was unable to bring about the varied nuances of Rahul...all of what you mentioned...the CV's were indeed clueless, miscalculated badly and the actor was unable to act...in bringing about the varied nuances...They should have made him a Grey shaded one throughout or they should have shown him to be a good man having a need for revenge only on Shaan, by including Khanak and Duck, Rahul was shown to be a manipulator and by hiring Sunny, Rahul degenerated  into a immoral man who will destroy an innocent's life just to get his fix of revenge ...Had they continued in this vein..it would have been accepted , although there would have many threads reviling Rahul , Viewer's would have looked out for the day when Shan would  deliver a stinging blow which will shatter Rahul to smithereens ...But That was not to be...The CV's as usual gave a knee jerk reaction and turned him positive in a hurry ,, the result being one is not able to empathize with him or even feel Sorry for him.....I think one way of decreasing the hostile reception on Rahul would be for Rahul to approach Shanak and seek their forgiveness ..in simple heartfelt manner . Very well said..because untill the whole MMs thing is not properly dealt with this character will never be accepted at all...no matter what ever they try....

Thats the biggest question nah...they can only explore if...the charcter of Rahul first faces redemption...without it...no matter how much the CV's want to explore this...it will never be accepted...

Hello Dears,

Shanak are the main leads, but he cannot be shown to be a goody-goody, Mr.Perfect lover  and an irresponsible man all the time, Layers  should be added to the character, sometimes good and sometimes bad..this layer has to shown growing or a new fresh layer must be seen growing out of the old discarded  and venal layer.The Cv's are doing just that, they are showing or showed a different facet of Shan...

That is the biggest question Sathya.....Lets hope the CVs are reading this!...... Amazing post as alwaysđź‘Ź.....
Nice post and I agree they should have let Rahul remain negative or if they wanted to turn him positive, should have done it slowly in a proper way...certainly not the way it went  - turn positive with one slap - it made no sense

This Serial has lots of potential, will the CV's explore it ??

True that, but personally I think they won't (my opinion only). I say this because I feel RBO is very much in its last stages...not something I want, neither is there any confirmed news about it, but things seem to be going that way...Nitinjaishukla saying they are shooting promo for new serial, channel neglecting RBO BIG TIME! etc....Geet is their no.1 show at the min (why it is, can be another debate in itself), pkyek also doing fairly well and the other two shows despite doing not-so-good they will be given a chance because they are quite recent which leave RBO to be the TRP victim...I fail to understand why good content can't last longer!

The way they are rushing I would be surprised if they let this show go beyond april. . .

Originally posted by KrazEee

True that, but personally I think they won't (my opinion only). I say this because I feel RBO is very much in its last stages...not something I want, neither is there any confirmed news about it, but things seem to be going that way...Nitinjaishukla saying they are shooting promo for new serial, channel neglecting RBO BIG TIME! etc....Geet is their no.1 show at the min (why it is, can be another debate in itself), pkyek also doing fairly well and the other two shows despite doing not-so-good they will be given a chance because they are quite recent which leave RBO to be the TRP victim...I fail to understand why good content can't last longer!

The way they are rushing I would be surprised if they let this show go beyond april. . .

I agree here wholeheartedly...in fact have been saying that at the Critics Corner for a long time now....the way this track is being executed with no thinking behind it ....the way Rahul has faced no retribution for actions.....all seem to suggest that the show is ending.....otherwise this suddent change in rahul without even an uff from Shaan about it...and then disjointed writing in dhulwaadi track ...definetely seems like a curtain call for RBO...

again, members need to understand we are not saying it SHOULD end...we are saying this a potential track such as this is being treated so badly it can mean only one thing...if not then why this below average crap are we being subjected to....
Originally posted by SPN_JD_Addicted

Bold-how I would have loved to see that!As of now nothing's happening on Shan's front to even feel anything for him.Possessive Shan is needed as of now!

Can't really say whether additional leads are required but I feel Rock On track basically failed cos of actors' incompetence.Heard that the actors who entered were good but yet to see that.

Hi Smitha ,

Don't we all  ??

More than a possessive Shan, we need a reflective Shan ....

If  there was no additional characters , then this serial would have reached a saturation point, with infusion of new characters, I think the CV's have created some leeway ...

I have seen Manish in a negative Avatar..he was good in that..not brilliant but  good.....

I think RO floundered bec The CV's did not know whether to make it light, intense, emotional..and in the end ..they included all and failed spectacularly