Posted: 13 years ago
Guys, just a heads up regarding the SPA voting-
Remember to choose INDIA as your country of residence when signing up to vote because there's a sneaky little catch here in that the rules and regulations stipulate the voters be residing in India.
I found out just now so still kicking myself about not realizing this before- and I couldn't have if it weren't for me randomly deciding to scroll through the rules cited on the website. I don't know if they're outdated or things of that sort but just forewarning you all. All my votes... 😭
Create another account if you've realized you've erred, unfortunately. We can still do this coz voting closes FEB 15 at 12 IST.
😭
if thats the case then the IP address of the computer tells them its from india or not ... so they are  smart girls ... if I click on an episode of CCBM that is not shown In US the site says since you are not from india you are not allowed to watch it ... so my thing is if the IP address tells them this then just saying you are from india is not going to help much ..my POV
^ Oh dang it totally forgot about the whole IP address tracking bit. Yeah they've definitely go that in their arsenal. OK I'm feeling totally helpless now😭 All you people in India, you are the hope. No pressure 🤣

But seriously though why are they so biased towards this whole being an Indian resident issue? I mean it's not like all foreign viewers don't get star plus directly on to their TV screens. Infact, that couldn't be further from the truth coz here in Canada, the big companies do offer the viewership- albeit at a hefty price- so that rules out the possibility of  tampering with the legal requisitions etc. I am pretty darn sure Star TV has deals with the cable companies within North America atleast. Hmph its ironic that they're boasting about the whole Macao venue issue- which I find annoying in the first place for various reasons- when the poor residents of Macao are barred from pitching in a vote. Okay I'm feeling totally demoralized right now 😭
Edited by _Hira_89 - 13 years ago
Hira, I had a very quick look at the rules and regulations (the button -  I agree to the rules and regulations), but it does not say anything like you mentioned. Here is the link:
http://starplus.startv.in/spa-2011/spa_vote_rules.html
oh no!!that's really sad :( I have been voting since yesterday. what a waste!!!
I hope they will win...

[Quote=Star TV]...

General Rules

1. STAR India or the Channel reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules without prior notice.

2. The viewer interested in participating in the Poll must be above the age of 18 years and a resident of India.

... [/QUOTE]

It's under the General Rules 😭

Edited by _Hira_89 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by _Hira_89

[Quote=Star TV]...

General Rules

1. STAR India or the Channel reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules without prior notice.

2. The viewer interested in participating in the Poll must be above the age of 18 years and a resident of India.

It's under the General Rules 😭

Yeah, you are right, I can see that..oh no its really sad😭..I mean how is it possible? and why this kind of rules? I live in Germany..that means my votes are not even counted..OMG I'm voting like crazy..even paying less attention to my work..I LOVE NivRen..I don't know what to do? Is there any solution?
I know eh. I mean I'm just feeling tron right now :(

To be honest, I doubt anything can be done about it. These rules have been etched in an observed since I don't know how many years now and although things like power to the people sounds all nice and dandy, but it's sadly all in fine print when it comes to posing this to the organization as they've supposedly got bigger issues to deal with. Don't know whats holding them back but yeah I guess that's the story for now
well we can make new ids and say we are from india and if they only see that then its good , bec everytime i voted they said it was recorded
OMG....WUT!
unki toh aisi ki taisi.....what is the use of even voting for us then!!, why did they do that setting, bloody....the whole voting system is flawed!~!!! ðŸ˜¡

thanks for the info though ðŸ˜­
Edited by ruexangel - 13 years ago