Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Actors are actors. They need not be pure devotees like most of members over here. Why so much attachment when we are in the spiritual journey to exchange thoughts to balance each other's mind?😲 Liking actors' performance or even loving them and therefore enjoying the show is fine. But passionate off screen attachment and that too for one or two only!!!!! But anyway. Finally, I am for any type of banner. No problem. What was going on from my side was just intellectual input.

Well said, Shivang.πŸ‘πŸ‘ You made an excellent point, but you know....some members on IF which I've encountered in the past are only 12-13 year olds who first are introduced to puranas through mytho shows because their family is not particularly religious and never taught them these stories themselves....they grow an attachment for the actor more than the divine character they are portraying because they find them attractive, cute, charming, etc, and they become such die-hard fans of the actor that they immediately find it insulting if such an actor is not on the banner or whatnot.....but I don't think we have any particularly young members, do we? Everyone here is at least 15 and above and mature about this actor/character distinction, right? 

If so, we can go for the character banner and make a list of required characters like Vrish suggested.
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Well said, Shivang.πŸ‘πŸ‘ You made an excellent point, but you know....some members on IF which I've encountered in the past are only 12-13 year olds who first are introduced to puranas through mytho shows because their family is not particularly religious and never taught them these stories themselves....they grow an attachment for the actor more than the divine character they are portraying because they find them attractive, cute, charming, etc, and they become such die-hard fans of the actor that they immediately find it insulting if such an actor is not on the banner or whatnot.....but I don't think we have any particularly young members, do we? Everyone here is at least 15 and above and mature about this actor/character distinction, right? 

If so, we can go for the character banner and make a list of required characters like Vrish suggested.

Definitely Janaki.πŸ‘πŸΌ Let's do it. Enough of brainstorming done so that no dimension of the topic is missed out and multiple different choices/views/opinions are also gathered. I will still say that since you have willingly and enthusiastically taken the lead always; you, Lola & Aishi may make authoritative final judgment/choice of your own now with the reasonable concern of everybody's source of devotion included and considering all dimensions discussed here now. And yes I understand very well the situation about people's attachment about actors. The reality and also its practical justification. And I also believed and believe the same that our forum has no such member for sure at present. Just wanted to reduce your unnecessary worries and emotional concern and also just took the opportunity to express this particular view of mine too finding appropriate place. Where you are not wrong by slightest, you don't have to worry about others' immaturity.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Guys,

My sis Aish suggested something....she says why limit this forum to only puranas? Don't we discuss all sorts of Hindu related topics like saints too? She say she thinks it may be nice if we include Meera, Saibaba, etc in the banner as well, so that newcomers will know that anything Hindu-related is welcome here.

I like her idea...what do you guys say? I think Meera and Saibaba really deserve to be included in the banner, as they were great souls and are worshipped by many today. I know people believe Meera to be an incarnation of Radha or Lalitha (some believe Lalitha is a form of Radha so in that way too Meera is Radha) depending on the sources they follow, but even when we have Radha on the banner, Meera is a different character with her own story so I'd like to include her.

I would also like to include Saibaba as many Hindus worship him.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
It's obviously up to others, but no offense, but people who worship Saibaba definitionaly fall under the category of cult.  Nah, this is not the definition of mythology, and please stop playing fast & loose w/ the meanings of words: mythology means precisely that: it does not mean living, or  even dead people that people  worship!!!!

Hate to say this, Janu, but so far, I've not seen bad ideas coming from anyone, but I very strongly think this one very much is - again, no offense to you or your sis.  Under this criteria, any godman who walks the streets and has any following would come under it.  If you need to, open a Bhakti section and run it there.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Errr... how about trying narmi ishtyle, Vrish ☺️ Terms like cult and masochist don't easily lend themselves to the 'no offense' that follows, no offense πŸ˜† Point taken, not everyone believes in the same thing/people and we can respect that. Especially when it's put respectfully. Rest assured, the banner will represent only that which all of the members agree to have in it based on one another's beliefs. The list will not include figures who members express discomfort over, no questions asked. We good πŸ˜Ž?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I think we should let the majority deside whether they'll have a problem with Baba and/or Meera being on the banner. If people don't have a problem, I don't see why not.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
It's obviously up to others, but no offense, but people who worship Saibaba definitionaly fall under the category of cult.  Nah, this is not the definition of mythology, and please stop playing fast & loose w/ the meanings of words: mythology means precisely that: it does not mean living, or  even dead people that people  worship!!!!

Hate to say this, Janu, but so far, I've not seen bad ideas coming from anyone, but I very strongly think this one very much is - again, no offense to you or your sis.  Under this criteria, any godman who walks the streets and has any following would come under it.  If you need to, open a Bhakti section and run it there.

I get your point, but please don't insult Saibaba as I'm a huge devotee ☺️ I don't mind you saying that my idea is bad (get it all the time from my teachers πŸ˜†) but I think you're taking this a wee bit seriously. It's a banner. A graphic. Made to hang up on a discussion forum. That's it. 😳
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I respect everyone's views, but from the angle of practicality guys, 6 serials (Both Ramayans, Krishnas, MB, and ONS) with 2 faces each or 6 and 6 generally accepted god/goddess paintings... that means 12 pics for a 90px high banner... that's hard enough to squeeze in, at least for me, and getting in any more means we won't be able to see anyone cuz each will be made so tiny 😳
muffins2waffles thumbnail
^ Yea I agree. And people will want to put more than just 2 faces. I say that we do all God paintings. Characters are the most important after all.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
If the mytho show banner ends up winning in the poll, then I agree that we should give a list of characters that are mandatory and let people choose which actors they want to put of each, and if a banner wins, that obviously means majority are in favori of it so no one will feel disappointed.

If the only God paintings choice wins, then also we can put a list of mandatory characters and let people choose the pics of their choice.

Either way, I am hoping one of us can announce the banner contest sometime next week....it's been too long and we have neither a DT or banner.πŸ˜”