~Article Archives~No Comments - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Meet the contestants of Zor Ka Jhatka
Several television celebs are all set to participate in Zor Ka Jhatka, the Indian version of the international show Wipe Out. The show will be hosted by Shah Rukh Khan. We get you acquainted with the contestants of the show.

Akashdeep Saigal
A model, TV artiste and a film actor, Akashdeep Saigal is a known face in the TV industry. He made his debut on television with a popular show and was recognised for essaying the character of Ansh Gujral. He started his acting career with the film Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999) and has also participated in various reality shows on television. Winner of the Gladrags Manhunt, supermodel (1998), Akashdeep hails from the city of dreams?Mumbai and considers his mother as his prized possession. He believes if not an actor, he would have been a businessman or a director.

Amit Sareen
He came to Mumbai to fulfill his dream of a successful acting career. Since then Amit has received rave reviews for his performance in several popular soaps. Amit who loves to spend time with his family is a perfectionist by nature. He is also a trained dancer in Jazz, classical and western dance.

Ashima Bhalla
An actor and a successful model, Ashima was born in Pune. With a keen desire to pursue a career as an airhostess, she ended up bagging a role in the film 'Pyar Zindagi Hai'. Since then, there has been no looking back for her. Ashima is known for her brilliant performances in various soap operas and participated in a dance reality show.

Bhakhtiyaar Irani
Bhakhtiyaar Irani a well known face in the Indian television industry. He's most popularly recognised for his participation in a reality show. Bakhtiyar has many TV serials and movies to his credit. Apart from a great actor, he's a fabulous dancer too.

Claudia Ciesla
A German by origin, Claudia is a model, an actress and a singer. She began her modelling journey at the age of 15 and shot to fame in India with her participation in a reality show. She has played small roles in several Bollywood movies. She is fond of sports and is an avid fan of a football club.

Debina Bannerjee
Debina essayed the popular character of Sita on Imagine TV's Ramayan. She has also participated in reality shows such as 'Pati, Patni Aur Woh' with her partner Gurmeet Chaudhry and has acted in regional films. Debina is mainly from Kolkatta but now has established herself as an television actress.

Dimpy Mahajan
Dimpy Ganguly is a well recognised face in the industry. With a determination to tie the knot with her dream man, the 21 yr old model and actress from Kolkata refused a Bengali filmmaker for a lead role in order to participate in Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega reality show. She believes in living life on the edge, and feels this is what makes her stand out from the rest. She finds Rahul Mahajan to be a very nice, friendly and clean hearted guy. Dimpy was also one of the contestants of Gladrags Mega Model Hunt 2009.

Gaurav Chopra
Unconventional looks and powerhouse performances have made the small screen Gaurav Chopra a popular face of the small screen. He has acted in many soap operas and participated in reality shows including 'Pati, Patni aur Woh' on Imagine TV. He has also appeared in a Hollywood film 'Blood Diamond' with the renowned Hollywood actor Leonardo De Carpio. Apart from TV and films, Gaurav has been a model and has walked the ramp for many acclaimed fashion designers.

Hanif Hilal 
A dancer and a choreographer by profession, Hanif has participated in dance reality shows. He is a trained Latin American dancer. He has also participated in several model hunt competitions and has acted in a music video and runs a dance group called "Flame".

Jennifer Winget
She is a popular television actress who has acted in several soaps and anchored few reality shows. She started her career as a child artist in a popular kids show. With many commercials to her credit, Jeniffer made a brief appearance in the movie Kuch Naa Kaho.

Karishma Tanna
Widely recognised in the TV circuit, Karishma has acted in many soap operas. She has also participated in various reality shows including Imagine TV's 'Meethi Chhoorii No 1' and anchored numerous shows including 'Nachle Ve with Saroj and Terence.'

Kushal Punjabi
An actor who has acted in a series of fiction shows as well as movies such as 'Saalam-e-Ishq', 'Dhan Dhana Dhan?Goal', 'Kaal', 'Lakshya' and others. An ex employee of Jet Airways, Kushal won the best physique award at the Gladrags Manhunt-Megamodel contest. Kushal who hails from Mumbai, has also featured in many music videos and ad commercials.

Mink Brar
Mink is an Indian actress who grew up in Germany. She has cated in films such as 'Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain' and 'Saat Rang Ke Sapne.' She has participated in a few reality shows too. Apart from films, she has been a part of several music videos. Mink is passionate about dancing and prefers the combination of the eastern and the western dance forms.

Abhishek Bachchan in Zor Ka Jhatka
Imagine's Zor Ka Jhatka will see  unexpected guest in tonight's episode. The cherry on the cake will be when SRK and Abhishek Bachchan join hands to host the February 4th episode. SRK will get the company of AB Junior for tonight's episode. It will be a Special Episode to watch out for!! Abhishek Bachchan will be seen encouraging the contestants in his own style!. Kangna Ranaut too is expected to make a special appearance in the last segment of the episode.
The pretty Soumya Tandon is currently seen co-hosting along with Shah Rukh Khan in Zor Ka Jhatka on Imagine TV. We catch up with her as she speaks about the show, reveals about her favourite contestant and much more.
How was the experience of hosting Zor Ka Jhatka?

The experience was very good. The show was shot very differently an in an interesting manner over a period of 46-47 days. My comparing was in a humorous manner. We had a great creative team and it was different from whatever work I have done before. I was given complete creative freedom and there was a lot of leg pulling on the sets. All our shoots were outdoor and I ended up getting tanned since it was summer in Argentina.
Did you enjoy the experience of co-hosting with Shah Rukh Khan?

Yes it was good fun. He is very witty and comes up with these one liners so matching up to him is tough. When he suddenly cracks a joke targeted towards you it is difficult to come up with an immediate reply.
How was it shooting in Argentina?

Visiting Argentina had never been in my wish list. I would have never even thought of going there if it was not for this show. I loved the country because people are in such a happy disposition. I frequently saw people doing the Tango on the streets. I also loved the natural beauty of the place.
Which contestant was your favourite?

It will be difficult to choose but if I have to then it will be Sonika the female wrestler. She was a strong contestant but it was difficult to believe that she is a wrestler. She looks like a 6 year old kid and is innocent and humorous.
Shweta Salve has replaced you as host in the current season of Dance India Dance. Can we expect to see you back next season?

I am not sure if I will do the show even if it is offered to me. DID is very close to my heart since I begun hosting with that show but then everything depends on the terms and conditions. It also depends on whether I am doing some other show at that time. For now I want to take a break for a month or two because I had been working hard for Zor Ka Jhatka and need some rest now.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Soumya%u2019s-Zor-Ka-Jhatka&aid=2548

Armu4eva

IF-Rockerz

A little fun is no harm for Debina 

Neha Maheshwri 

Debina Bonnerjee and Gurmeet Chaudhary had announced that they would tie the knot in February.However,we found out that Debina is a jovial girl and apparently has no qualms in having a little fun here and there,especially when her beau is not around.The actress who is trying hard to break her image of Sita from Ramayan,participated in reality show Zor Ka Jhatka and we hear that co-participant and sports personality Captain Dharam caught her fancy.The two bonded big time on the show.Debina looked very comfortable with Dharam and loved to spend time only with him.Other celebrities vouch for their camaraderie and cant stop talking about them.
Debina apparently was smitten by Dharam and the two just couldnt leave each others side.They kept to themselves and didnt talk much to other contestants.With Gurmeet and Debina announcing their wedding,we are dumbfounded about what we witnessed in Argentina, says our source.
Debina however rubbished the rumours.What nonsense is this Such rumour is extremely demeaning, she retorted.

WHATS HAPPENING Debina Bonnerjee and Gurmeet Chaudhary 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Edited by modishh - 13 years ago
SRK's double role in Zor Ka Jhatka
The thrill of Imagine's Zor Ka Jhatka is only getting bigger and better by the day! The 'haseena' special episode will not only have all the girl contestants battling it out in Argentina, it will also have Shahrukh Khan donning a double role! Badshah Khan plays two of his most famous and loved characters – Surinder Sahni and Raj from his blockbuster hit – Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. While Suriji (as he was lovingly called in the movie) spoke in his trademark meek yet witty style, Raj was his flamboyant himself and had all the 'haseenas swooning over him. Watch this fun-filled, crazy & rib-tickling episode of Zor Ka Jhatka as SRK enthralls everyone with his antics while the participants have hilarious falls while jumping over moving obstacles, bouncing off big balls and dodging swinging pendulums.
CutiePiee4

IF-Rockerz

Raja Choudhary exhibits his very 'Indian' feeling..

Friday, February 04, 2011 | 5:47:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments Raja Choudhary exhibits his very 'Indian' feeling..

Raja Chaudhari portrays his patriotism in Beunos Aires ,Argentina..

Lots have been spoken, shown and read about the uncivilized manner in which Raja Chaudhari behaves in Public!! It's also a known fact that Raja has got in the news most of the times for his unruly behaviour with his ex-wife and girl friends!!

He also had a blood rush with few of the contestants while shooting for Imagine's new show, Zor Ka Jhatka in Argentina... However, during this trip in Beunos Aires, a very different side of Raja came to the fore!!

It happened when the entire crew landed in Hotel Sheraton, in Beunos Aires to kick-start the shoot of the adventurous game..

Our source states, "When all were entering the hotel, Raja noticed the flags of various countries hoisted in the lobby area of the hotel. He was shocked to see that the Indian flag was not there. Raja was furious when he noticed that only the European countries flags stood tall, and brought  this topic before the hotel authorities".

We hear that Raja in fact got into a serious argument with them, and asked them as to why they do not have the Indian flag put up..

"After one hour of talk, Raja saw to it that he got the Indian flag hoisted in the lobby area of the hotel", adds our source.

The eye witness reveals that it was only Raja who noticed this very fact that the Indian flag was not present, and it was a pleasant sight to see him fight to put the Indian flag on display..

Well, we too are happy to know that the 'Desh Bhakt' in Raja still exists..

Reporter: Srividya Rajesh
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

SRK's 'Sifarish' gets Prasad Barve in Zor Ka Jhatka..

SRK's 'Sifarish' gets Prasad Barve in Zor Ka Jhatka..

Prasad Barve to enter Imagine's Zor Ka Jhatka as a surprise package..

Prasad Barve who was last seen in Dill Mill Gayye as Dr. Jitendra Prasad is all set to enter Imagine's Zor Ka Jhatka as a surprise package! The actor is presently seen in Star Plus' Pyaar Main Twist.. 

A source says, "Prasad Barve will enter Zor Ka Jhatka in tomorrow's episode, and he holds the distinction of being called to the show thro' Shah Rukh's Sifarish". 

We hear that SRK believes that Prasad is the only contestant who can give a Zor Ka Jhatka to the hefty Gracious D'Costa. Can Prasad live upto the expectations of the host? That's for the viewers to find out.. 

We contacted Prasad Barve and he confirmed, "Yes, I will be entering in the show as a surprise package; viewers have to watch to know more (smiles)". 

Taking the chance, he conveys, "I won't lose the chance to convey this to all my DMG fans that I badly miss Dill Mill Gayye". 

Tune in to tomorrow's episode to see Prasad in action.. 

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Zor Ka Jhatka contestants paint the town 'Red'..

Zor Ka Jhatka contestants paint the town 'Red'..

The buzz is that the Zor Ka Jhatka contestants really applied the maxim 'Word hard and party harder', during their stint in Argentina...

If you thought that the contestants of Imagine's Zor Ka Jhatka were just having fun on the water course in beautiful Argentina, then think again. 

According to our source, "Most of the contestants had a jolly time partying in Argentina. There was a regular routine of wild alcohol parties, which went for 15/17 hours. As a result one of them even failed the mandatory alcohol test once, which is required before you can get on the course".  

It is heard that some high-on-drink contestants even requested the organizers to reschedule their appearances so that they have time to sober up. 

Our khabroo goes on, "The organizers got tired of this indiscipline, and apparently sent out a strong word that they are not bothered with what they do in their free time, but nobody can spoil the show". 

The insider also gave us juicy details about certain committed contestants who really had a good time with members of the opposite sex. And we hear that one reality show regular, who is always in news for fights did not disappoint here as well. 

While few were really enjoying the side entertainments, there were a handful of contestants who hit the gym regularly to prove their mettle in the show.. Well, the mixed bag does not end here, as few of them rather used the paid trip to Beunos Aires for fun!!

Kushal Punjabi who is touted to be the probable winner of the show had a whale of a time, but importantly he was giving his best in the course. Vrajesh Hirjee was trying his best, but could not match the hard physical endurance required for the show. Amit Sareen and host Saumya Tandon were the quietest of the lot. The latter we hear, used the opportunity to do some real sight-seeing.. 

Our TV actors really know how to party the Latin American way!! However, we wonder how their respective spouses or partners would feel about their escapades.

Reporter and Author: Anil Merani

Shreyas Talpade on Zor Ka Jhatka
As numerous B-town celebs have been gracing the reality game show Zor Ka Jhatka. Shreyas Talpade will show off his tuning with host SRK this week. The two were last seen together in the superhit Om Shanti Om.