Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Siddharth Roy Kapur is dashing-Vidya B

preet_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Siddharth Roy Kapur is dashing

Vidya Balan is busy collecting accolades for her acting talents but more importantly, at a personal level, she claims to be

You were called a behenji and almost written off. And now you are winning awards one after another...

I think that God has been very kind. Even when I was going through a low, in terms of talent if I may say so, directors always had faith in me. And you know what? You can't write off a person because of clothes. That's so superficial. In hindsight, I am grateful to God that I went through that period of confusion in every way. The clarity that emerged is non-negotiable. I started getting work that challenged and fulfilled me.

That period was difficult, wasn't it?

It was a real low. As I said, I was confused. But I wasn't pessimistic and that saw me through. Paa released and I felt reassured as an actor.

And now, do you feel vindicated? It's human nature...

(Interrupts) That's human nature all right, but I have reached a stage where I can identify people who offer constructive criticism. And what anyone else says about me doesn't bother me. Believe it or not, I have stopped reading everything that is written about me. I have even stopped watching my own interviews on television; I know what I have said, why should I watch it?

Paa, Ishqiya or No One Killed Jessica?

Can you differentiate between your sons?

There is a difference between living persons and films…

These three films, which gave me such diverse characters to portray, are a part of me. I feel a sense of ownership for them. And I am not giving you an esoteric reply

Would you have been able to play the brash Rani Mukerji in No One Killed Jessica? You masked the expletives in Ishqiya.

I will not mouth those expletives in person. But as an actor, yes, I will do it with lan, with belief and conviction. But you know, Rani has done that role so well that she has left no scope for one to imagine anyone else in that role.

After you played Sabrina Lall in No One Killed Jessica, what do you think of the Aarushi case?

Justice must prevail. I read that there is a candle march happening to support the Aarushi case. I would love to go, but I think I am shooting for Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani on that day.

You are playing Silk Smitha in Ekta Kapoor's The Dirty Picture. Silk Smitha was voluptuous. Are you going to put on weight for that film?

I have still to discuss that with Milan Luthria. I hope they don't ask me to gain weight. But if that's what the role requires, I shall do it. That's the fun. To be someone you are not.

Vishal Bhardwaj was supposed to make Ishqiya 2 with you. What happened?

That you should ask the producer. I think that's not happened because Abhishek Chaubey, who directed the first part is now working on some other script.

Are you dating UTV CEO Siddharth Roy Kapur?

(Smiles) He was the producer of my last film No One Killed Jessica.

That I know. And your answer doesn't answer my question. You mean that it was a fling and it is over?

I don't believe in flings.

Then?

Well, I see him everyday. He stays is my neighbourhood.

He is dashing and a debonair…

I agree.

And?

So, he is worth considering (laughs).

Worth considering for…?

I am in a much happier space now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aww I loved her responses to the last few questions😉😛

Ekta Kapoor has a movie called "The Dirty Picture"...oh I'm already scared😆
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is dating him, it's confirmed😳
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
LOL she's so freaking coy 😆 I like the way she articulates =D so elegant. 
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i liked reading the interviwe, except this answer...

Can you differentiate between your sons?

why sons...? what about daughters...?  ugh, there is so much prejudice where sons and daughters are concerned... couldn't she have said, your kids, or something like that... 😕  oh well...

-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She's totally dating him!!!Her answers to the last few questions proved it!!!

@Nukta didi...true....the word 'son' automatically comes out of people's mouths..its such injustice that the words 'man' and 'mankind' is used to signify all of us,man and woman alike.why so??do we not have our own identity??...

Sigh..its a shame,ji.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Sakina-

She's totally dating him!!!Her answers to the last few questions proved it!!!

@Nukta didi...true....the word 'son' automatically comes out of people's mouths..its such injustice that the words 'man' and 'mankind' is used to signify all of us,man and woman alike.why so??do we not have our own identity??...

Sigh..its a shame,ji.

i think it's mostly people who just have a general prejudice towards their sons... otherwise, normally i always hear that a mother can't distinguish between her kids... more so on that effect... but i was a little disappointed to read 'sons'... mankind, is alright... woman is also part of being a man, i guess... i don't really mind that... because it's a neutral word, and meant for both....!!  however, the use of words 'son' specifically just sounds sooo discriminatory towards daughters... are daughters not worth the same as the sons...??   😕

ugh, it's such a put off... back in the days, sons were always given preferential treatment than the daughters... it happens even now....!!

LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
God knows I love Vidya and if she had answered this in an video interview, I probably would have thought she was adorable and funny and witty but on print its just kinda cringy.

Such vague answers only mean she is seeing him (in which case she isn't doing a good job hiding it) or she'd like people to believe she is.