This show is very much realistic - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Society is to blame for the constant worship of men
Boys/men are held highly in religion and culture 0> even pandits when blessing new brides, mention something about may they have sons

Hinduism was initially very female-centric ...the goddesses were primarily worshiped and were not seen as just consorts to god..as often depicted today

Since India was primarily taken over by the Mughal Empire and Victorians/British...all the hindu goddess temples were changed into temples of god and division of labour began...hence turning India into a male oriented & male worshipping society

Things are changing....in the cities...there is change but the cases of rape has sky rocketed as well...police are not taking cases seriously still

Positive changes are happening in India but support from within is needed....its not enough to say "we are trying"
Edited by silvermoonlight - 13 years ago
Originally posted by desi_lover_guy

Yeah we living in India are trying to do what we can do..... I have one question for you  is Indians living outside are different from living back home....Indians living outside doesnt they have any responsibility.....

I am Indian and I have lived outside of India my whole life...my parents have been living in America for over three decades now, but  they still believe in the old "indian tradition" where men were the breadwinners and women took care of the house and kids. Yes, my mother works, but she also takes care of the house. Whereas my dad just works and when it come to housework he doesn't do anything. He believes that ghar ka kaam should be done by women. Now, thats a very outdated thought because back then women were not independent, but nowadays they are. So with changing times, certain ideals should be changed, but the older generation does not always conform to the modern world and ideals. That would probably be the job of our generation 😉

Its the same with this show, they are comparing Toasty with their mother and I think even Toasty knows that she is being compared to her saas. Her saas lived in a time where the majority of women did not work and they were mostly housewives.

As for saying something against women or changing mindset, being a housewife can actually be harder than having a career. I know cuz I have been doing ALL the housework at home since schools been out and it sucks!!! 🤢 I would rather be in school and stress about exams 😆
@silvermoonlight  - like your POV. 

@lucky - both are equally at fault . Why do saas want male child? Beacuse female chidren are considered burden?

Why - bacause of dahej .

So why should a son agree to marry when dAhej is demanded ?

Originally posted by sunaina02

I think this is a very gender -biased serial.

I would have liked this serial if they had not shown women to be slaves of men .
I have read with interest the replies. I don't think that the serial is gender biased. I think that the serial shows a young confident women who by choice decides to opt living within an all male household. She has the support of her mother & Tej to live on her own and work, but her choice is to unite and be supportive to her new family.
All women are ultimately faced with these choices and most make the best of both worlds. Women are capable of multi-tasking and I think that Toasty has made her choice. The  exaggeration of all the work is overdone in the serial.  My take is that Indian women because of our culture & values always treasure family, children and spouses, this should not be confused with women being taken advantage of. This happens in all societies.