Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Lucky ,

You do not know anything about my personal life so do not comment on that .

Secondly I never ever said I love India.

I will still insist that serial makers have some responsibility and should not portray women in a demeaning way.

Edited by sunaina02 - 13 years ago
desi_lover_guy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sunaina02

Lucky ,

I will still insist that serial makers have some responsibility and should not portray women in a demeaning way.

Su, 
I am not commenting on your personal life...Its not about you... I have also lived outside for more than 4 yrs... I am just saying what I have seen so many Indians living outside  or rather living in India also just discuss and comment about policies and ccorruption in India but never will come to participate to make things Improved.... I am sorry if I have hurt you....
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: desi_lover_guy

Its good that you  standup by commenting but thats not enough.....Will it improve any situation no.....
 one more thing...
Indians staying outside India always think India has still that mindsets same problems blah-2 always comment......If you really love India then come to India and do some constructive work......(thats my pov.... no offense meant)

It would be really nice for those living in India to first do something constructive
Heal from within first
desi_lover_guy thumbnail
Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

It would be really nice for those living in India to first do something constructive
Heal from within first

Yeah we living in India are trying to do what we can do..... I have one question for you  is Indians living outside are different from living back home....Indians living outside doesnt they have any responsibility.....
Lord_Aragon thumbnail

Lucky ,

Although.. i am not supposed to be here anyway.. but cant resist commenting on it...

Well.. as you say you do not love india ( well the point is taken in good spirits)... but serials are not always the right descriptor of society..

Its easy to be in US.. and argue that India is a 3rd world country.. with atrocities on women..

and may be certain bad practices still exists in the society... but Su you have to be here to see the winds of change.

1. I bet there would be more no of working women in india than in US, and financial independence helps a lot in having a respectable position in society.

2. Girl education is increasing day by day, and education is the biggest enabler

3. Its not only about india.. its about the bharat too.. these IT companies.. (how much i criticize them...) .. are the biggest opportunity providers for females in india. The face of india is changing

4. You go to Metros.. you will find hubby-wife spending time together in Malls...enjoying company of each other.

5. Most of the families are nuclear now a days.. with parents in towns and couple in cities.

So.. Su... i am not saying ki india is out of woods still.. but yes females here are lot more better than what used to be 8-10 Yrs ago.... and its very easy to champion the cause of women.. the fact is that they only require equal opportunity at work place.. respect and dignity... rest they are all capable enough...

sunaina02 thumbnail

^^^

Rahul

I have come to Canada just a couple of years back . So I know what changes are going on in India .
I know Indian women are doing extremely well and have progressed a lot .
But working Indian women are expected to manage work and home both.
 There is no concept of paternity leave in India  and most important Male-Female ratio is one of the worst in the world because these modern couples  working in big IT firms and enjoying themselves in malls will not bat their eyelids while aborting their female foetus after the ultrasono report says it is a girl child. India is probably the only country where" two sons"  are prefered then "one son one daughter " as the desirable family.  (Proof: most of the ads in India depict the family  parents and 2 sons ) .

And I said I do not love India - because I do not believe in any country.  I do not love India as a country but I love and adore Indian culture and the people of the subcontinent .

Lord_Aragon thumbnail
^^^

Sunaina..

Regarding the first point of duality of roles played by women in india, i certainly agree to that point. But that could be improved only wid the support of their husbands. And believe me, younger generation, who has studied and worked with females.. understand it pretty well. My elder bro has done love marriage and both of them are working in chennai.. any my mom dad use to go there.. and they take care for 90% of the household chores.. gone are the days.. when bahus are considered a proxy to maid.. the only thing expected is now respect for elders.

Regarding female foeticide... i am really at loss of words for it.. it happens.. and i really pity those people who do it.. i do not have a argument for it.
desi_lover_guy thumbnail
There are still cases of rape and harrasment in India ...Daily we hear such 1-2 case min... We expect younger generation to mark end to all of this.... It will take centuries to overcome this.... 
Regarding female foeticide.... S
This can change only when women mind also change...because in most of cases, its Saas only who prefer son child... and they go for ultrasound or remarrige....Saas is women and they need to understand plight of another women..........

sunaina02 thumbnail
^^^

Saas can say but cannot pay. 😆
So do not blame only women .

Both women and men are equally at fault
Edited by sunaina02 - 13 years ago
desi_lover_guy thumbnail

^^^

Saas can say but cannot pay. 😆
So do not blame only women .

Both women and men are equally at fault

Oh atlast u admitted women also have fault.......good... Both are responsible....But who provokes is more responsible....(saas)