~Article Archives~No Comments

Posted: 13 years ago

Manasvi Vyas bags a meaty role in Phulwa..

Manasvi Vyas bags a meaty role in Phulwa..

Manasvi Vyas who was seen in Miley Jab Hum Tum will portray a very interesting character in COLORS' upcoming show, Phulwa..

Manasvi Vyas who essayed the negative role of Aparajita in Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum is back to the small screen with a very interesting and meaty role in Swastik Pictures' upcoming show on COLORS, Phulwa

The talented girl plays the role of Sona, who is Bauji to the little girl Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani)  In fact, Sona is the only character who is full of colors, when compared to the other characters who have a simple and rustic feel. 

Talking about her role, Manasvi states, "I am not a typical vamp in the show who is set to create havoc. You can say that I am the 'Meethi Choori', a very self-centric girl who is very conscious of her looks. Sona is the most happening person in the entire village, and likes to sport all the expensive things that she possesses". 

Manasvi took up this role as a challenge. "The first reason as to why I accepted the role of Sona is because I get to portray a negative role. The other reason is obviously the production house, Swastik Pictures. They are so very good in giving individuality to their characters. Even if their show has two vamps, they will etch their characters so well that the two characters will be very different. It is fun to work with them", she says. 

The actressi had a whale of a time shooting at Bhateshwar near the River Yamuna. "The place was amazing; it was so chill out there that we had a tough time shooting wearing the sarees. You would not believe, the entire place would get pitch dark by 5 or 5.30 in the evening and it was a sight to watch". 

The role of Sona's husband in the show will be essayed by Aniruddh Dave. He too has a flashy character and will have negative shades. 

Phulwa launches on January 10th at the 9 PM slot on COLORS.. 

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

January 5, 2011: Colors is all set to launch its new show 'Phulwa' from next Monday at the 9pm slot following the conclusion of 'Bigg Boss season 4'. The promos of the show are doing the rounds, since last few days and the story is supposedly based on the real life of the 'Bandit Queen' Phoolan Devi.

Child actress Jannat Zubair Rahmani, who was earlier seen playing the lead role in Imagine TV's show 'Kashi', is playing the young Phulwa. Now, the latest reports suggest that another actor from Imagine TV' show 'Jamunia', has been signed to play the role of Ramcharan, who is a simple guy and a close friend of Phulwa.

Gaurav Sharma, who played the lead role in Jamunia, has been roped in for the role in this show by  Swastik Pictures. His character will be introduced in the first episode of 'Phulwa' as it has a huge importance in the storyline of the show.

Ramcharan is an innocent and positive character with down-to-earth personality. He is God fearing guy, who is often seen visiting town even though the story has a village backdrop of Chambal.

Gaurav has done well in his earlier show and is expected to perform better with this powerful show. So, don't miss to watch 'Phulwa' on Colors from Monday at 9 pm.

–Sampurn Wire

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2011/01/gaurav-sharma-enter-phulwa-ramcharan.html

Gaurav Sharma in COLORS' Phulwa..

Gaurav Sharma in COLORS' Phulwa..

Gaurav Sharma who was last seen essaying the role of Jai Thakur inJamunia has bagged a meaty role in COLORS' Phulwa..

Gaurav Sharma, who was seen playing the lead in Imagine'sJamunia has bagged a meaty role in Swastik Pictures' upcoming show on COLORS, Phulwa. 

The young lad will essay the role of Ramcharan, who is a close buddy of the little girl Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani).

Our source states, "Ramcharan's character will get introduced in the first episode itself. It bears a lot of importance with regards to the major storyline. Ramcharan is a down-to-earth, innocent, God-fearing and a positive guy".

Though the story line has the backdrop of Chambal village, Ramcharan will be shown as a character who makes frequent visits to the town. 

When contacted, Gaurav Sharma confirmed the news to TellyBuzz, "Yes, I am playing an important role in Phulwa. I will be seen as a good friend of Phulwa, i.e. Jannat". 

We tried contacting Siddharth Tewary, Creative Director, Swastik Pictures but he remained unavailable. 

Phulwa launches at the 9 PM slot on COLORS on January 10th…

Prashant Narayanan enters Phulwa..

Prashant Narayanan enters Phulwa..

Prashant Narayanan to be the mentor of Phulwa in Colors' new show, Phulwa...

Prashant Narayanan the guy who debuted on small screen with Parivartan is back again for a stint on television with COLORS new show, Phulwa, which is produced by Swastik Pictures. 

A source says, "Prashant will be seen as a dacoit who gets to play mentor toPhulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani) who by mistake hits him and he gets amazed by her confidence and fearless attitude. Initially Prashant won't be having a major role to play, but once the leap is taken his actual track will be seen".

We hear that the novelty factor of the show and the very word 'Phoolan Devi' did incite Pashant to take up this challenging role. 

As per the present story, the boat ofPhulwa's dad has gone missing and he has been trying to find his boat by searching for it in the vast river. 

"Recently the cast shot a part of the underwater sequence in Agra where Phulwa's dad and Ramcharan (Gaurav Sharma) go underneath to search for the boat. Both of them get trapped in water and this is when the dacoit, played by Prashant will save them. This will be Prashant's entry scene after which he will meet Phulwa", adds our source. 

We contacted Prashant and he confirms, "Yes, I have taken  up a cameo in Phulwa and will be seen quite frequently in the show. My major track will be shown later.  I essay the role of a dacoit who will later on turn into a mentor of Phulwa and will teach her how to face this merciless world."

Talking about the underwater shoot, he further says, "It was awesome to do that scene and it was a very hectic shoot. I was not at all ready to open my mouth and be topless as the water was so very cold". 

Gaurav Sharma who was also part of the sequence says, "It was a very different experience  and after the shoot we were literally shivering for twohours. The temperature was almost 6 degrees which went down to 2.6 degrees when we actually finished shoot". 

Catch the entry of Prashant and the dramatic under-water sequences in COLORS' Phulwa.. 

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Champa pronounced as 'Daayan' in Phulwa..

Champa pronounced as 'Daayan' in Phulwa..

The ongoing wedding of Champa in COLORS' Phulwa will come to a halt as she is pronounced by the Panchayat to be a girl who is inauspicious..

COLORS' Phulwa, produced by Swastik Pictures will soon see a major twist wherein the wedding of Champa (Shivani Shurve) will come to a standstill after the girl is pronounced to be a 'Daayan'.. 

Friday's episode saw Sona (Manasvi Vyas) getting caught red-handed by Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani). However, Sona escapes the situation and the focus will yet again be on the ongoing wedding.. 

Our source states, "There will be many more hurdles created as the ceremony kick-starts. And just before the phere, the entire mandap will be on fire, which will further indicate to the boy's family that the bride is inauspicious, and has some evil powers". 

With this revelation coming to the fore, Champa's marriage does not happen, and this leaves the entire family shell-shocked. 

"To make matters worse, the villagers drag Champa and her family to the Panchayat wherein elderly people from the nearby four to five villages have been called. The Panch take the terrible decision of stoning Champa to death, thus eliminating the evil power once and for all. This leaves the family shattered, but Champa's father does assure his daughter that all will be fine as they would leave the village very soon. However, Champa stops her father from doing so, as they have their livelihood in the village. Champa asks her family to allow her to go thro' the punishment", adds our source. 

However, Champa contemplates a suicide in order to stay away from the suffering of getting stoned in front of the entire village. 

Will Champa lose her life? Or will we see a twist coming wherein Champa gets saved miraculously? 

Catch the revelations coming this week in COLORS' Phulwa.. 

Sai Ballal turns a hero on sets of Phulwa..

Sai Ballal turns a hero on sets of Phulwa..

Sai Ballal aka Thakur Daroga Singh showcases his presence of mind on the sets of Phulwa by helping out few girls who were attacked by an unruly crowd..

The whole unit of COLORS' and Swastik Pictures' Phulwa had a torrid experience while shooting in  place called Pinnat which is situated at the border of Uttar Pradesh  and Madhya Pradesh, where the Chambal river intercepts both the states. 

It so happened that few female journalists from Mumbai and Delhi were at the place for a promotional activity when the unruly crowd (males) who had gathered to see the shoot from the nearby village went berserk when they saw these girls in jeans and tight Y-shirts.  Sai Ballal who portrays the wicked character of Thakur Daroga Singh was the one who actually handled the situation and brought some peace!!

A little birdie states, "Sensing that the girls are in danger, Sai Ballal came running to the spot and asked the journalists to stand very close to him. Seeing Sai's tall, sturdy, violent and aggressive look and baritone voice, the unruly mob immediately stepped back".

"And taking advantage of the situation, Sai Ballal along with co artists Mithil Jain, Gaurav Sharma, and Aniruddh Dave carefully guided these female journalists into the unit car which was parked nearby, and before one could say anything the car was miles away from the savage mob. In this way, the ugly and crude incident was averted", signs off our source.

We contacted the hero on the occasion, Sai Ballal who confirmed the news and said, "It was really a very bad incident and one has to be very smart enough to tackle the situation. I was seeing the whole incident from my car but as soon as these guys started staring at those girls I came out of the car and tried to handle the situation". 

Telling about the mentality of those men assembled, Ballal says, "The crowd was as wild  and gave an appearance as though they have never seen women in the village. There are only few women who actually get to come out of their houses. So seeing these girls in jeans was  a complete rarity for them. Thank God, everything got sorted".

Sigh!! All we can say is 'All's well that ends well'....

Ramcharan emerges as Champa's saviour in Phulwa..

Ramcharan emerges as Champa's saviour in Phulwa..

COLORS" Phulwa will witness some dramatic scenes when Ramcharan tries his best to prove that Champa is not a witch...

Viewers are witnessing some dramatic scenes in COLORS' Phulwa ever since Champa (Shivani Shurve) has been pronounced as the Daayan.. With the whole village gearing up to put Champa underneath soil and stone her to death, future looks bleak for Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani) and her family!! 

However, in next week's episode, Ramcharan (Gaurav Sharma) will come as Champa's saviour, and he will not only save Champa from the cruel punishment but will also give her a new lease of life.. 

Our source states, "Ramcharan outwits the entire village and proves to one and all in a dramatic manner that Champa is not a witch. There will be some major drama after which Ramcharan and Champa will run away from the village. The young lad will also wed Champa in a nearby temple, and will take her away". 

With this, the focus will shift to Phulwa who will have to fill into Champa's shoes and take care of all the homely responsibilities. 

We hear that Champa and Ramcharan's track will not be shown for few episodes. But they are sure to make a comeback after a while. 

When contacted, Shivani told us, "Yes, there are some major scenes that will happen when the entire village gathers to stone Champa to death. You will have to watch the episodes as they are really interesting". 

Let's see how this track shapes up now… 

'I am into acting because of my daddy' - Jannat Zubair Rahmani

'I am into acting because of my daddy' - Jannat Zubair Rahmani

Jannat Zubair Rahmani aka Phulwa of COLORS' Phulwa has a cute and interesting chat with Tellybuzz...

She is undeniably not just one of the youngest but the biggest Child Star currently on the Indian television. Our beloved Phulwa aka Jannat Zubair Rahmani has surely won the hearts of many with her versatile roles whether it be as Kashi on Imagine or Phulwa on Swastik Pictures' recently launched show on COLORS, Phulwa

After achieving such incredible success you are bound to wonder, is she yet really a 'kid? Let's find out!

How did the thought of being an actress get into your mind?
My daddy, himself is an actor, and that's how I got attracted towards acting and I have been in the entertainment industry since the last two years. My first TV show was Aladdin, thereafter I have acted in Chand Ke Paar Chalo, Kasturi and Aapki Antara. I enjoy acting a lot.

Were your parents reluctant by any chance as you are very young?
No not at all, in fact, it is my father who taught me everything. He's been guiding me since the last few years and I follow everything what he says. I am in acting because of my daddy.

We would like to know Jannat as a person.
I love to play, study, I am friendly and mix up with people very fast. I have been the same what I am today.

How is Jannat different now?
Jannat jaisi thi, waisi hi hai, there is no difference in me then and now. The only difference is that I get less of free time now, as those are taken away by the hectic shooting schedules. But I love it!

You have done two shows, Kashi and Phulwa in lead roles, what gives you the confidence to take up the integral responsibility of the show on your shoulders?
Mummy and daddy help me a lot and support me in everything that I am doing. I know it's a big responsibility, but I would say that it's not me alone who is responsible because everyone on the sets also help me a lot. They too put in their equal share of hard work for the better output of the show and Siddharth (Tewary) uncle is very encouraging too.

Both the shows deal with very intense issues, does everyone explain you its intensity and do you understand the depth of the subject & concept?
I understand the story and the concept, also the director and producer are always there to help me with my scenes and my role. My daddy helps me to understand the depth of it and tells me what I am supposed to and how. He explains how important it is for me to give a perfect shot not only technically, but also emotionally. And because he is there as my guiding strength, I am never tensed and all my fear vanishes.

What about the 'rona-dhona' scenes, are they easy?
Yes, they are quite easy. If you are in the mood and ready to learn your dialogues properly, to listen to your director carefully and get engrossed in the scene, tears automatically run down your cheeks. But if your mind is diverted in the middle of the briefing, then it is difficult for the emotions to be out and the scene to be enacted.That's why I concentrate on my work and thus I don't find it difficult.

How do you prepare yourself before doing a scene?
I carefully listen to everyone and understand what my scene is and what I have to do. My daddy too explains me and then I give my shot, simple. There is nothing much to prepare, yeh exam thodi hai (Smiles).

The most difficult scene until now?
The underwater scene in Phulwa.

How do you feel when you see yourself on TV?
It feels really great and also my dad is happy about it.

School, tuition and shooting- handling all of these simultaneously, is it tough to manage?
Very quickly she states, 'I don't go for tuitions.' It's not at all tough to manage because everything has a set time. After school, I go on the sets and I complete my homework and worksheets on the sets itself. I get time when my scene is getting ready or during the breaks or when someone else is shooting.

Don't you sometimes feel like going back home and relaxing instead of going through the hectic schedules of shoots?
I love to go on the sets and shoot for my shows; it's never hectic for me, in fact it's fun and I miss them when it is not there.

What does Jannat like to do in her free time?
I like to dance, skate and also cycling.

Which is that one actress you would want to be like in future?
Hmm… Aishwarya Rai

Your favorite actors and actresses?
Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif are my favorite actresses and Shahid Kapoor and Salman Khan are my favorite actors.

What will you do when you meet Salman Khan?
I love Salman Khan and also everyone in my family is a big fan of him. I met him at Bigg Boss Finale, but didn't get much time to talk to him. Mujhe unse bahut saari baatein karni hai. I would love to tell him that he should call me for the auditions in all his films. I also want to tell him that I was offered the role of young Sonakshi Sinha in his movie Dabangg, but because of shooting schedules I couldn't play the role. I have seen all his movies so many times.

Has Jannat faced any crazy fan incidents?
Not crazy, but I did have fan incidents many a times. When we had gone to Chambal for the shoot of Phulwa, we had gone to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Seeing me, everyone around me started staring at me and calling me Kashi because Phulwa had not been on air then. They also clicked photos with me and took my autographs.

You are watched by lakhs of people; but what are the shows you enjoy watching on television?
Man v/s Wild, Minute to Win it, Wipe Out.

Your favorite cartoons?
Doremon and Tom & Jerry.

What do you aspire to become when you get older?
Actress, I haven't thought of being anything else. I love acting and I want to continue with it even when I grow older.

One thing you really miss because you are a popular face?
I do everything that I used to earlier, so there isn't anything that I miss.

So, on the sets do you get pampered being one of the youngest actresses?
I am the second youngest on the sets and yes, everyone is nice and helpful. I get 5-6 chocolates everyday and I am pampered a lot. In fact, all the kids are equally pampered and loved.

Did you read the story of Phoolan Devi since your show is inspired by her life?
I know briefly about Phoolan devi but my show is not exactly and entirely based on her life. The story is inspired from Phoolan Devi's life as Phulwa, where Phoolan Devi becomes a bandit when she gets older.

Do you sometimes feel bad that people don't call you Jannat?
No, and I feel that they see me as Phulwa which is why they remember me and call me by that name. Phulwa is almost like Jannat, jab scene chal raha hota hai tab mein Phulwa hoti hoonand jab pack up ho jata hai toh Jannat.

Now your brother too will be debuting in a movie, what advice do you give him regarding acting?
(Smiles) I give him the same advice whatever my daddy has taught me and told me.

Phulwa Chali Dharavi!

Phulwa Chali Dharavi!

Here is the little girl Phulwa working for a cause..

Today Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani) along with her friend Chunni and brother Babu brought a smile on the faces of nearly 500 school children studying in Chatrapathi Shivaji Vidhyalay in Dharavi.. 

A source states, "The students were very excited when they were informed that they were about to meet the bright and ever-smiling Phulwa from the COLORS and Swastik Pictures show...The school is situated in the slum area of Dharavi, and Jannat enjoyed the day with them. They played with bat and ball, talked a lot and even had food together". 

A witness to the gala scenes says, "The kids from the school moved their legs on the number 'Sheila Ki Jawani' and also played many indoor games with Jannat. The little protagonist too enjoyed the whole event and was very content to see all the students of her age coming and joining hands with her. They too had yummy snacks together, like Burger and Pepsi". 

We talked to Jannat who tells, "It was very nice to be with those kids of Chatrapati Shivaji Vidhyalay. We had a blast in the school, we had food, played few games and also danced (smiles)". 

Well done, Phulwa Rani...

Phulwa is a one take wonder
Versatile and talented nine-year-old Jannat Zubair is enjoying essaying the role of Phulwa in Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa on Colors. She is called one take artist on the sets as each time she gives a perfect shot in one go. She has worked hard on her diction so the rural language too isn't a problem for the little one. Her senior co actors and everyone on the sets is stunned with her perfection, her talent and spontaneity. She behaves like a professional be it shooting in the cold freezing weather of Chambal or on the sets in Film City. Her charm and easy have made Phulwa this popular in such little time.