Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
I second Lola on everything she said.👏 Don't be so hard on yourself Aishu, you have not offended anyone. In fact, you've stated your opinion so sweetly and innocently that no one can be angry at you.🤗 Lola wrote perfectly that profession, race, language, color, etc.....nothing matters in the Kingdom of God....lol, I prob sound like a Christian missionary right now😆, but the message is the same. True bhakti is all God wants, so any man or woman can be gifted enough to write puranas if he/she is blessed with divya drishti and all.

And if by chance someone makes up a God or Goddess for some reason for their own twisted enjoyment, that so called purana will not survive for long because the essence of God will be lost in it. No one can make up God and expect him to be prayed to by millions of people for long. Eventually God will bring out the truth through some Maharishi or Saint. Radharani is as famous as Devi Sita and Rukmini Ma. Millions of men and women pray to her daily and receive the fruit of their prayers, so she cannot be fictional. No matter which purana describes her or does not, the essence of her remains the same...after all, scriptures are only the written word of God...but if by chance one day they happen to be destroyed, all the Gods and Goddess (who are in reality only one divine being) will not be gone...their essence will always remain, they will remain, their teachings will remain, and so will their blessings.😊 There are probably 100s more avatars of God that our puranas have not taken note of because a Saint did not yet write them down, but that does not make them fictional. They still happened, and if we are lucky enough we will learn of them in this lifetime. The story of Radha and Krishna too is the same....thanks to some Saint, we are able to learn more and more about them everyday and immerse ourselves in the divine love and happiness of their leelas.

Btw, the doubts you are having is not some teen thing, so don't worry.😆 Many adults also have the same doubt....doubts pertaining to religion are not tied down to age. I have seen many young children have a lot more knowledge in the Hindu scriptures than some grown adults....it all has to do with how much passion you have in researching our puranas.😊 As you grow older, you will obviously learn more and more if you are interested in the subject, but that does not mean young people are ignorant about the scriptures.
.anishaa. thumbnail
Lovely topic! Haven't been on IF for a few days so I'm a little late in replying, but love where you're going with this and will be back to reply :D
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Nice topic :)
Reserved.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really late in posting here 😳… Just Loved all the posts- Janu, Aishu, Sita, Parina, Semanti, Vedo and Lola⭐️  ⭐️  ⭐️  ⭐️… Do not have anything to add… All the posts are just Superb!!  👏
(My points are not actually 😃 about the thread, but they are somehow 'related' to the points made by different members in their posts.)

@Janu, the way you have explained about various Seers who wrote those sacred texts is really Wonderful! ⭐️ I remember you explained the same in 'Favourite Kand from Ramayan' Thread… You know, I feel that God is 'antheen', so there can be different ways to approach Him and each person takes the path acc to his /her understanding… So we have Sooo Many different versions… All of them are the different ways/ angles to reach/ perceive the Lord…

And regarding praying to any other Fictitious God- well, 'all the Prayers go to the Lord' as said in the Geeta and also in 'Shri Krishna Tumhi' song- "sarva Deva namaskaara, Keshavam prati gachchhati"- so ultimately it is the Lord who fulfills all those prayers. So, it is the Devotion which brings the fruit (acc to the desire/ wish of the devotee), not the actual God/ Goddess… Loved your point 'essence of God will be lost' ⭐️ regarding this topic.

@Aishu, Yes Dear, 'Faith' has nothing to do with age, in fact,  it only depends on the 'True Knowledge' (i.e.- Devotion), present in that person. That is the real base of Faith.

About 'Geet Govinda'- Just adding a bit more info about it… yes, I have read the Bengali translation of it once, but not in details 😔,  as I did not have that much time. It is somewhat like a Lyrical Drama/ Pastoral/ opera, which portrays Radha-Krishna as human beings of this earth, having the emotions as Human Beings. The Pictorial and Musical effects of this text are very very Rich!…   While reading it (or actually 'watching' it on stage), we are bound to Feel the Love, the pain, the separation, the anger, and all the other emotions related with them! It is very very Sweet… After 'Brahmabaivart Puran', it is the first text where we find Shrimati Radherani as the main character, may be Jaydev followed BBP as his prime source.  Before Geet Govinda, we have just some references to Radhe Rani in various ancient texts.… This text is just saturated with Love… 'Earthly Love is just another form of  Divine Love' – which can be experienced thr' this text (my personal opinion 😊, th' commentators have varied opinions about it). Jaydev was a devotee of the Lord, after 'Geet Govinda', he became the court poet of Lakshman Sen, who was the King of Bengal at that time.