Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: Sania_Hitler

All Rite!
I read wht ever u ppl wrote ..........
    Though i Respect it........ and i hav always heard frm Elders that "be a good Listner......"
U all read wht i wrote........and u gav ur views ......it means u all r in a way to be a good listener........
I never meant to fight with u ppl or create a bad viornment.........But wht i felt sAd for is that u ppl R really not thinking Positively.........
I mentioned something which was written in Geeta by my facts......... There you go again ....my dear its the "Bhagwad Geeta or the holy Bhagwad Geeta". Thats whats bugging people . Please show some respect . I am sure you don't want people to say "Muhammad" when with reverence you ought to say "Prohpet Muhammad".
But i Later on i came to know that i was rong here....and i admit it......... Sorry 4 that......... wht i heard frm an Indian Padri.......I mentioned that over here.........but wht I fund here was that i was rong while mentioned it.....
   I really Admire and REspect wht ever u ppl said..........
   Coming across to Fake Culture........ As i agreed wid the point that wht ever they show iz really not real......And u all agreed wid this point too........
So whts the big deal???????? When Zara and other friends of our who are either from Pakistan or muslims ............they know how to speak with respect when talking about other cultures .My dear
I appriciate ur views! And i come to knwo manythings frm ur replies..........
I respect the real Indian Culture(which is not shown in the dramas)Like i said its certainly shown in the drama , while its highly exaggerated and often vital facts go missing. And am in a way to learn more and more eevry day abut every and each religion...... For diz Reason i though that i shud mention that thing( Abt Parda(veil) In Geeta) Since you haven'y read the SrimadBhagwad Geeta .............please avoid making arbitary comments . ( At least the way you talk about it , it doesn't seem like you've read it . By the way . Geeta does not ask you to viewl up)
The real holy Indian books doesnt Exist in our todays world.......... So frm where i can find the reality......???????I am sure you don'y live in a box , at your library you may have books that you can study and find info OR if you don't even have that , you can find enough information on the internet on hinduism and the holy bhagwad Geeta to become a pundit if you want to . ( am in a way to find that)
Next time I'll do care not to Post anything abt Religion.....
And wht more i come to know is that i really hurt u ppl by my Post........... Once again Am Sorry for that...........Apology accepted !!
Thats it...........

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sania_Hitler

I wrote diz line juz for Pakistani's

Seriously this is the wrong place to post such comments . Look where you are India- Forums . If you want to reach out to Pakistani's 1) PM Pakistan's individually 2) Start a rally in Pakistan opposing illegal viewing of Indian T.V

Just stop and think if a non- Pakistani , wrote on a Pakistani dominated forum " don't watch stupid Pakistani soaps " tell me honestly will not bug you ? So think before you post .

I am not trying to be harsh, but probably sound that way . But my dear your attitude is not right . Please learn to be more respectfull when you post. I hope you continue posting , but respectfully .
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
seema_17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: indygirl

Sania it seems you are highly confused about any of these views and absolutely incorrect. I'd love to know the names of the books you have read ( as i am voracious reader and then we can disccuss )
Now are you talking about our holy book "Bhagwad Geeta " and assuming we have parda too ?
Let me tell you Hindu civilasation glorified the sensual body .  According to Kamasutra , Vatsayana- Kama (Sexual desire) is one of the ways to reach mokhsa
The Shivalinga, a phallic symbol of the deity Shiva in sexual union with his consort, goddess Parvati, is worshipped all over India. Lord Rama and his wife Seetha may be glorified for their sense of duty and fidelity, but India is also the land of Krishna, celebrated for his indulgences with beauties- gopi's and our Draupadi who had 5 husbands !!

Temple sculptures of Hindu deities seek neither to conceal any body parts nor even censor their proportions. Depictions of Hindu gods and goddesses are usually of graceful, sensual proportions, the men long limbed and athletic, the women with slim waists and fulsome bodies. Stone figurines of divinities and mortals at the 10th century Khajuraho temples in Madhya Pradesh depict a variety of sexual unions, .
 The average Hindu was conditioned to accept the body and sexuality as natural aspects of the cycle of birth and death.
Hindu cultures came under pressure from Buddhist and Jain teachings that advocated physical and sexual renunciation. During the Mughal rule of the subcontinent (1556-1707), sexuality was put under purdah (veil) and women further withdrew from the public domain.😔
Next came colonization by the British , with their Victorian prudery and their efforts to civilise the "sexually excotic natives" Victorian prudery led to the confusion and sexuality, which had enjoyed abundant expression in the enviorment for centuries, suddenly found itself choked. Caught between many worlds, its natural growth became warped/ Thats when came the copying the Western culture !
And something i forgot to add our great Father of the Nation - Mahatma Gandhi - " he said lets tear down the purdah "👏(these will be many of hundreds of things we'll for ever be gratefull you, Bapu)

Therefore , now if you look at the dress sense , many changes have come since 1947 . Although Culture in India has progressed and is sometime confused .But in defense of those few people in India in the Big Metros , coming from modern societies . They are confortable with what their wear - sleevelss top and Jeans or women who wear low cut blouse and Saree.The rural India remains the same and conservative . If we are talking about promiscuity , its subtle and not rampant , so happens in some families . Even kids disrespecting their parents this too happens in some families .....but not all !!

So the bottom line is that our TV shows , show india exxagerated !!

Also i'd like to advise you not to insult and hurt people's feelings by making comments like "
spolling our culture too and their own culture too......that is the basic reason y we r far away frm Reallity And Success..........but to wht use we watch that Stupid indian dramas....

This can be misinterptated in many way . To me it sounds like you are accusing Indian drama of influencing and spoiling your culture.
Also we Indians are not far from reality or not succesfull !!

Well Said indygirl.....👏 i can see from ur post that u r very well read... i luv reading too, but thats going off topic...😛 its a wonderful thing that u kno so much abt our culture becuz as u have said there have been many manipulations and changes made to the original culture so many ppl have miscpnceptions abt the indian culture... and we need strong scholars like you to correct those misconceptions... i kno there r many hindu and indian ppl too tht are ignorant to certain parts of our culture and we need to bring out and enhance our culture...😃

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Thx Seema_17 . I don't often know every thing . But if i find the subject very intersting or have doubts about a certain subject , i research it on the internet before posting facts . I did it too for the subject of "purdah" in the Bhagwad Geeta . As i had serious doubts about it . 😊
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i dont know what to say...becuase i think both of them are true acording to the show!!!