Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madmaxine thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello people!

A very Merry Christmas to everyone. I wanted to write a short story for Christmas..spirit of happiness and giving and all that. I feel like Abhay and Piya deserve a little joy after all the drama thats happened lately! Its a white Christmas for me here, surrounded by family and friends, and I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season where ever they are. The story's not much of a story. Just a little chapter with no drama, just fun and happiness. Hope you guys like it!

Christmas ki ye ek kahani:

Piya climbed in to the room through the open window. She held her heels in one hand, and a brightly wrapped gift in the other. The room was dark, and she felt her away around it gingerly. She'd been in it once before, so she kind of knew her way around it. She stepped close to the bed, where she could see a dark shape under the blankets. Before she could begin to wonder why he was in bed and asleep at 9pm on Friday evening, she'd been caught firmly by the arms and tossed on to the bed.

"What the hell are you doing here Piya? Are you insane?" asked Abhay Raichand. "And how did you get here? Did you scale the wall to my room? Have you lost your mind? If you need something, can't you call me, like a normal person?"

"Err…Merry Christmas, Abhay!" said Piya, looking like a guilty child caught with her hand in the cookie jar, extending the gift to him.

"You came here to give me this?" asked Abhay, incredulously.

"Yes. I wanted to wish you in person. And give you a gift to thank you for everything you've done for me."

"And climbing into my room at night was the only way to do this? You couldn't have given this to me in college?" he asked. A very logical question too.

"Well, I could've. But I wanted to give it to you before Christmas. And since Christmas is on Saturday this year, college wasn't possible. Besides, I wanted to ask you something."

"You're certifiably crazy. That's what you are." He said, ripping the wrapper off. He hadn't gotten a gift in a long time and he was curious what it was. It was a shirt. A nice silk dress shirt. Not in black, his color of choice, but midnight blue. "Thanks, Piya!" he said, slightly touched.

"Do you like it?" she asked

"Yes. Yes. I do." He said. "I haven't worn any color but black in a long while, so its different for me. But its nice."

"You don't like it, do you?" she said, looking at him with those big, melting eyes of hers. She looked like she would burst into tears at any moment.

"No, baba. I like it. I really do." He said, sounding slightly exasperated.

"OK. ThenwillyouwearitandgotoMisha'sChristmaspartywithmetonight?" she said in one breath, very softly.

"Come again. This time, slower and louder, Piya. I can speed read, but can't speed lip-read!"

"I said, will you wear it and go to Misha's Christmas party with me tonight?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" he said, sounding astonished.

"Yes. Which is more than I can ever say for you. All you ever do is alternate between saving my life and yelling at me to stay away from you. You're worse than a girl with PMS, mood-wise."

"Heyy!" said Abhay, stung by that last insult. "I'll go with you to the party. And I'll wear the damn shirt too. Not just to oblige you, but because I actually like it" he said hurriedly, seeing her eyes narrow.

Piya waited while he changed into trousers and the shirt. When he finished changing, he turned the light on. He looked very handsome, as usual. He looked good in anything, really. But Piya thought the blue shirt suited him well. And he got a good look at her for the first time that evening. She was wearing a powder blue dress, sleeveless, V-necked with a satin bow at the waist. It hit at the knee, where it swished about her nicely. She had on coral pink lipstick and dark blue liner and light grey eye shadow. She looked pretty.

"What the hell did you do to your hair?" he roared.

"What? You don't like my new look again?" she said. She went to the mirror and looked at herself in it. Her hair was cut short, pixie style. It clung to her head and shaped her face closely, but ended just below her ears. Her long, beautiful curls were gone.

"You cut your hair off? He asked, sounding astounded, and curiously, angry.

'I thought you didn't like my hair anyways. How does it matter? Men rarely notice women's hair and clothes' anyway!"

"A-I liked your hair just fine. B-Believe me, we notice everything. And C-Yeah, it matters. You had lovely hair, and you went and chopped it off just like that, without even telling me."

"Er. Why should I tell you? Its my hair. Got nothing to do with you. After all, Hum aapke, hain koun? Asked Piya, in an amused tone.

"Oh shut up and lets just go to the party." Said Abhay, still miffed.

"Works for me." Said Piya, reaching for the door knob.

"We're not taking the door. We're taking your favorite route." Said Abhay, pointing to the window. He caught her up in his arms, covered her eyes and jumped out of the window. They floated to the ground gently. She opened her eyes slowly.

"You did something weird to defy gravity again. You're not going to tell me what and I'm not going to bother to ask. Can we go to this party like normal people, and not fly there on broomsticks or anything?" asked Piya.

"Broomsticks are outdated, I prefer teleportation myself." Said Abhay to a wide-eyed Piya. "Just joking, relax. We're taking the car."

The party was on in full swing when Piya and Abhay got there. Misha was spiking the fruit punch with Rum. Kabir was chatting up a pretty girl who had on a really tiny skirt. Tracker was ogling all the good looking men in the room. Only Panchi was standing all alone, propping herself up against the wall.She was wearing a lovely red dress and looked very pretty. But her eyes were sad. Piya made a beeline for her.

"Hey Panchi! You look nice today."

"Thanks Piya. Go, get yourself a drink. I see you bought Abhay." She said, smiling wanly at Abhay.

"Piya, get me a drink too. I want a chat with Panchi.' Said Abhay dismissively. Used to Abhay's abrupt ways by now, Piya said nothing, but went away quietly to fetch the drinks.

"Dance with me, Panchi?" asked Abhay. He pulled her into his arms and led her onto the floor. Frank Sinatra was crooning "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" in the background. He placed his arms around her waist and danced her around the room slowly. "You look beautiful today! Absolutely stunning" he said to her. "I like the dress. Shows off your legs." He said winking. She blushed, inspite of herself. "You're a charmer Abhay Raichand. And thanks for helping Piya out with the Danish situation."

"No talk of pond scum on festive occasions." Said Abhay. "Just enjoy the dance, Panchi. I'm a good looking guy. Who knows if you'll be lucky enough to dance with me again?" He said with a perfectly straight face. Panchi giggled. She put the arms that she'd been resting on his chest around his neck. "Thanks Abhay. You're a sweetheart to cheer me up. You're a nice guy. Really you are."

"I know. I'm just a poor misunderstood bas***d. Nobody understands me, except you, Panchi. Marry me?" he said, really getting into it now.

"OK." She said with a straight face. "Bhaag chalein?"

For a moment he looked stunned. Then she started laughing. "You look like a scared rabbit. Not so smooth now huh, Abhay? If I married you, a certain someone would kill both you and me with her bare hands. And as she's staring at us right now, I think you should go talk to her now." Panchi planted a kiss on his cheek and walked away. Abhay went to Piya, who was holding out his drink.

"Thanks for the drink, Piya." He said sipping his wine.

"Thanks for dancing with Panchi. You really are a darling." Said Piya.

"Uh. Don't ever call me that again."

"What? Darling?" simpered Piya. "Why? Does it make you feel uncomfortable? Its just a term of endearment." Just as Abhay was beginning to get slightly red-faced, Kabir walked up to them. "Mind if I steal Piya away for this one?" He didn't really wait for an answer, just whisked her on to the dance floor. "Merry Christmas Baby" by Charles Brown was playing.

"I'm risking my life by dancing with you here, Piya. So, make it worth my while, please." pleaded Kabir.

"Oh, don't worry about Abhay. He'll glower at you, and rage at me but he's just a big softie really." She put her arms round his neck and danced gaily with him. He whirled her round the room and finished with a flourish, dipping her as the song ended. He led her off the floor laughing, and left her with Abhay, but not before planting a big kiss on her cheek. "Thanks for the dance Piya. You dance like an angel" He said, before hurrying away, seeing Abhay's stern countenance.

"I don't like the way that guy looks at you." said Abhay.

"Abhay. You don't like the way any guy looks at me." Said Piya rationally.

"Point." Said Abhay. "You want another drink?" he asked.

"No. I want to dance with you." said Piya.

"Sorry. Not in the mood." Said Abhay.

"What! But you just danced with Panchi." Exclaimed Piya.

"Well. I felt like dancing with Panchi. Just don't want to dance anymore. I'm getting another drink." Said Abhay, stalking off. Piya hadn't put up with Abhay's mood swings for 2 months for nothing. So, when she walked to the centre of the room with the microphone she had a plan.

"I'm going to sing a song. I hope you all like it.." Said Piya in her silvery voice. It was a well-kept secret that Piya had a lovely voice and was a beautiful singer. Nobody but Misha knew. "It's a Mariah Carey number called All I want for Christmas is you." said Piya. She closed her eyes and began to sing.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas Is you

Abhay didn't really hear the rest of the song. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. She looked gorgeous in her blue dress, head tipped back, eyes closed. She was focused on her singing and nothing else. He was jolted out of his reverie when she opened her eyes as she sang the final stanza. Piya lifted her hand and pointed straight at Abhay while singing the last few lines. Her eyes shone bright as she looked at him steadily, offering him all she had, her heart, her love, herself.

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door

Oh I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is You baby!

All I want for Christmas is you baby

She'd never sung better in her life and she knew it. It was a virtuoso performance. She'd always held back when she sang, but today she'd cut loose and given full range to her voice and her heart. The result was spectacular. The clapping didn't stop for a full 3 minutes. Abhay clapped too. What she'd done for him, no one had ever done. Bought him a gift, dragged him to a party, and declared her love for him so openly and sweetly. It would take a heart of stone to not respond to those sentiments. And Abhay Raichand was many things, but stone hearted was not one of them. He walked up to her slowly.

"You sing well." He said.

"Thanks! Glad you liked it."

"Look what I found?" he said, holding up a sprig of leaves above her head.

"What's that?' asked Piya

"I believe its mistletoe." Said Abhay.

"Oh! Mistletoe. What are you going to do about it?" asked Piya coyly.

"Well, tradition says, if you're standing under mistletoe, you must be kissed."

"Well, I respect tradition. Its important to preserve tradition." Said Piya.

"I couldn't agree more." Said Abhay. "Now. Shhh! No more talking." He bent done and brushed his lips against hers lightly. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him back whole-heartedly. The mistletoe fell to the ground, as he grabbed her by the waist and swung her up in the air, kissing her all the while. After a while, she pulled away from him, blushing fiery red.

"Everyone's staring, Abhay."

"You're the one who sang the song. You were practically begging to be kissed." Said Abhay nonchalantly.

"What's a girl to do if her man won't dance with her? Ghee seedhi ungli se nahi nikalti, toh ungli tedhi karni padti hai!" said Piya.

"Hmm. Dance with me now." Said Abhay. Misha mischievously put in The Ronettes version of "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" as they walked out on to the floor.

"A little early for this song!" said Abhay, as Piya and him danced slowly, her head buried under his chin. "Don't care" said Piya. "I just want to dance with you. They could play anything." She snuggled closer and he wrapped his arms around her waist tightly.

"Well someday, I hope our kid will see really see Mommy kissing Santa Claus!" said Abhay, giving her more of a commitment than she'd ever heard from his lips.

"You want our kid to see me kissing some old, fat guy in red suit? He'll be scarred for life. And where will you be when I'm kissing this dude anyway?" asked Piya, playing with fire now.

"Shut up Piya. You know what I meant" he growled.

"Hmm. I do know what you meant. You have a messiah complex. You save my life about twice a day. You saved Maya's life. You prevented Panchi's life from being ruined. You saved Misha from that Earthquake. And you want me to kiss Santa under the mistletoe while our kid looks on, so you can break Santa's nose in front of him and show him what a hero you are! But for that to happen, we'll have to be married. So, I take it we're getting married?" asked Piya laughingly.

"Shut up Piya." Said Abhay by now completely embarrassed by what he'd let slip.

"Ohh! My poor baby's embarrassed! Don't be sweetie. It'll be our secret. I'll never tell our kid that it was you in the Santa suit!" said Piya winking at him.

They spent the rest of the evening chatting with their friends, drinking too much punch and eating too many cookies. Abhay hadn't been this happy since he could remember. It felt funny, to be so happy. But for once, he just let himself go with the flow. As for Piya, she was floating on air. She was bubbling over with joy. And she didn't bother to contain it. They took leave of everyone finally, and Abhay dropped Piya back to the hostel.

"So, Abhay. I gave you a gift. I asked you out and I even sang you a song. What are you going to give me for Christmas?" asked Piya, as they stood outside his car at the hostel gate.

"What would you like Piya?" asked Abhay.

"I can get anything I ask for?"

"Within reason. Sure."

"OK. How about a nice, whole-hearted smile. With dimples please." said Piya.

"You want me to smile?"

"Not just smile. Smile whole-heartedly. I want the smile to reach your eyes. I've never seen you smile, you know that right, Mr.Sadu Raichand?"

"I can smile alright. But I need inspiration. Give me a reason to smile." said Abhay.

"OK. How's this? I love you Abhay. And I always will. You complete me." said Piya, reaching up to kiss him as she spoke. He kissed her back, held her hands in his tightly, looked deep into her eyes, and smiled. His eyes were glowingly happy, no shadows remained. A dimple appeared in each cheek, as he kept smiling at her.

"Thank you. Now, rinse and repeat 10-20 times a day for the rest of your life, and you'll always be happy." said Piya. "Now, I have another gift for you."

"What?' asked Abhay. he didn't think he could stand this barrage of gifts anymore. He'd have to buy her some major jewelry to make up for all this, as it was. She took something off her head, and her black curls tumbled out. "It was just a wig. I didn't cut my hair, after all. Just wanted to see your reaction." said Piya.

"Oh. Thank God. I hated that short hair on you. You look beautiful as it is. Please don't ever cut your hair." breathed Abhay.

"Hmmm. We'll see. Keep up your word about letting me kiss Santa under the tree and anything's possible." She winked at him and walked in to the hostel.

Abhay grinned as he watched her walk away. He had Piya. He had friends in Panchi and Misha. It was A Merry Christmas for him after many many years and he savored it.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
i love this! You project such a happy and hopeful couple in Abhay-Piya , something that we will love to see in the future. The best part about your OS was a happy Abhay who is not scared to love Piya, make friends and be generally happy like everyone else. He doesn't know the future but he is happy with what he has. Your Piya rules! She is a more feisty and fiery version of the original Piya and it is actually your proactive and tantalizing Piya that our Abhay needs on the show!

AWESOME JOB.

Love and luck always,❤️
GOD bless you. 🤗

madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pocahontas

i love this! You project such a happy and hopeful couple in Abhay-Piya , something that we will love to see in the future. The best part about your OS was a happy Abhay who is not scared to love Piya, make friends and be generally happy like everyone else. He doesn't know the future but he is happy with what he has. Your Piya rules! She is a more feisty and fiery version of the original Piya and it is actually your proactive and tantalizing Piya that our Abhay needs on the show!

AWESOME JOB.

Love and luck always,❤️
GOD bless you. 🤗

Thank you! Coming from someone whose writing I admire daily, that means something😊😊! I feel like if I wrote this show, Piya would be more feisty, and Abhay would loosen up a very leetle bit:) And yeah...since 'tis the season to be jolly, I decided to let them be jolly too😊! Glad you liked it...very flattered!😃
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow! Amazing OS! 👏👏

I wish we get to see such beautiful moments in the show too! Lovely hon! 😳
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: sugaryanu

Wow! Amazing OS! 👏👏

I wish we get to see such beautiful moments in the show too! Lovely hon! 😳

Thank you very much sugaryanu😊! Can I just say, I love the name you've chosen..sugaryanu. Sounds sweet! I hope something like this happens on the show too..yes. Need my AP fix!
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
OMG! That was so cute!! I know that there are no hopes of getting something like this this Christmas but I'm craving for the time when AbhIya will fall in love without caring about anyone except each other!! This was truly an amazing Christmas gift which you gave me and I just love the way you write! Wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year🤗
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: madmaxine

Thank you very much sugaryanu😊! Can I just say, I love the name you've chosen..sugaryanu. Sounds sweet! I hope something like this happens on the show too..yes. Need my AP fix!

You are most welcome hon. Embarrassed
hehe thank you. It is sweet just like me lol.
Yeah i really hope we get to see some light romatic moments of AP! Christmas is just a day away...I hope we get something special. Embarrassed...I too need my AP dose 😆
yoyolo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wooooooh !! I LOVED IT.
I just love the whole Christmas ambiance, I've just been watching Christmas movies/cartoons, listening to Christmas songs and reading Christmas stories since monday ! They always make me feel so good, so happy. (I know I'm sounding extremely childish😆never mind)
And thats why I loved your story, it gave me such a nice happy happy feeling !! It was well-written, funny, cute, interesting, and I loved it.
Thanks for writing it.😊

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thank this one of the best christmas present ever. 
-Hiralious- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow!!! Amazing OS
Just loved it...very beautifully written