Saath Rahega Always

Interview with Karan Rai

reetsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
dude to sizzle on screen

The perfectionist who believes in doing everything right; the cool collegian with his cool mantra of simplicity that exudes sophistication. He is Krish Oberoi, one of the male leads in Sahara One Television's upcoming show 'Saath Rahega Always'. A wannabe Air Force officer, Krish is a fitness freak—very cautious about his diet, refraining from all kinds of tempting junk food and religiously following his early morning jogging ritual. But like many other youngsters, he cannot resist his brewing cup of coffee!

Levelheaded and staunch, yet soft-spoken, Krish truly is the winner in the vote of best debaters. With a class of his own that catches every eye, the positivity in this young boy grooming to be a gentleman comes across to all the people he encounters. He is blessed with the talent to be able to make quick decisions. He can well be considered as the boy-next-door, who is conscious of himself and has an independent attitude of his own. Trendy bikes and fancy wrist watches is all that Krish is truly passionate about. He doesn't think twice to change his bikes to get the latest ones; he will also not discard his old wristwatches for the new ones that increasingly pile in his cupboard. With a collection of a good number of watches, Krish is careful about preserving them. After all, he is the perfectionist! So be it his bikes or watches or friends, he can truly say to all of them with great conviction, 'Saath Rahega Always'. Excerpts from an interview with Karan Rai who plays Krish Oberoi in the serial How did you come across bagging the role of Krish Oberoi in 'Saath Rahega Always'? I have been doing some ramp modelling and some ad films for quite some time now. My big break came in 2003 when I got to do the Nokia CDMA ad. There was no looking back since then. I also did a telefilm, and that is how my photographs reached the casting team of 'Saath Rahega Always' and I was called in for the auditions. They instantly favored me and I had a gut feeling that I'd bag the role of Krish. My gut feeling was true and here I am! Please elaborate on your role as Krish. Krish is the perfectionist who believes in doing everything right; the cool collegian with his cool mantra of simplicity that will bring about sophistication. He is very levelheaded and very ambitious. What kind of special preparation you had to undergo to fit into the role? Krish is my duplicate. I tend to be aggressive and very frank with all that I have to tell anyone and so is Krish. So I guess on those lines I did not have to do any hard work to be Krish. I just had to be myself. Is this your first acting experience? Why did you choose to debut with 'Saath Rahega Always for your acting career? 'Saath Rahega Always' is the show that I can absolutely relate to. I've been in college and really miss those days of bunking lectures, giving proxy attendance, preparing last minute for the exams, and above all, chasing girls .But don't get me wrong. I was a studious guy in college. Memories of college flash in my mind and I guess that was the reason why I instantly took the offer to be a part of this college-like crew. How was your experience working with the crew? It was simply awesome! It was a new thrill to get back and sit on the benches. When in college I was more interested to come out of it and make my own living, but I know now that those were the days to be cherished the most. It's been therefore a great time being back to class again with 'Saath Rahega Always'. I remember the days we spent flirting with girls, bunking lectures and talking behind the teacher's back and all of that has been revived again. What are the things you are most passionate about? Are you passionate about bikes and wristwatches in your real life too? Being an engineer, I am a real techie guy who wants to analyse everything. I love to fiddle around gadgets and am very passionate about them. Who is your role model? Which actor inspires you the most and why? I look up to Amitabh Bachchan and Naseeruddin Shah—Amitabh Bachchan for all that he has managed to achieve and Naseeruddin Shah who cannot be replicated by anyone. His acting skills are simple awesome! After a long day of facing the camera, what is your mantra for chilling out?

Well, it has to be sleeping! I am not the guy who loves to party a lot but I love to be with my family and friends. They are my support system and I cannot do without them. It's nice to have good people around with whom time spent can be considered quality time.

Courtsey: The Tribune (November 26th)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thanks 4 the interview.... 😊
lilmonix4 thumbnail
thanx sooooooo much....i luv karan rai!!!
IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thanks a lot for the interview 😊
mehraal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hmmmm!
a cool dudue for sure! 😃