•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
With numerous channels mushrooming every second day, it's difficult to come up with fresh and innovative concepts. The producers then draw inspiration from popular flicks or novels and transform them into daily soaps. Read on to know what's been the inspiration behind some popular shows on TV today.

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
This Sony SAB show is inspired by the popular humorous column 'Duniya Ne Undha Chasma' written by the eminent Gujarati writer Mr. Tarak Mehta. This story revolves around the happenings at "Gokuldham Co-operative Society" and covers socially relevant issues. The show predominantly revolves around 'Jethalaal' (Dilip Joshi) who is an uneducated Gujarati businessman. The show has become a rage and has slotted the channel amongst the top GECs.

i think TMKOC has started this trend 😳 i only know ReshamDankh was on one novel before... then only TMKOC 😊
earlier it was Dollar Bahu on Zee tv. it was based on Sudha Murthy's book. but unfortunately it went off air, due to lack of populairty, around the time of 2000-2001.
Originally posted by wasz

earlier it was Dollar Bahu on Zee tv. it was based on Sudha Murthy's book. but unfortunately it went off air, due to lack of populairty, around the time of 2000-2001.
oh i remember dollar bahu... it was a good show... that time Zee has some very good shows like Justjoo was one of my faviourite.... and i m looking for title track of justjoo but cant find at all.... thanks for reminding me about those old days shaz...🤗
Originally posted by binie

oh i remember dollar bahu... it was a good show... that time Zee has some very good shows like Justjoo was one of my faviourite.... and i m looking for title track of justjoo but cant find at all.... thanks for reminding me about those old days 🤗

i have read the book 'dolar vahu'.

i loved zee tv's shows like. amanat (not the post leap episode, where Ami trivedi was on of the characters), kamal, aashirvad, mehendi tere naam ki, sarkar and many more.

i am still searching the title track of mehendi tere............... i still don't know its end