•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Before anyone says something about her on KWK, make sure you watch the clip when karan brings up the whole top heroine issue. He asks her does she agree with teh magazine (he holds it up and it says top heroine), she yes, yes. BUT she adds, very diplomatically (lmao) "if that's what people are calling it, whatever this title is, I worked hard for it, so let me enjoy it"
December 15, 2010 12:33:34 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham Editorial

Kareena Kapoor is in no mood to get involved in any conversations around the number business in the industry. Though she is forever inundated with flattering remarks around her occupying the much coveted throne, Kareena maintains that there is no point being a part of such discussions.

'Really, it is all so boring and cliched to be actually talking about this entire number game. I have been an active part of this for a decade now and have seen this world closely since my childhood', says Kareena who is in fact the only actress to have two 100 crores plus grossers (3 IDIOTS, GOLMAAL 3) in her kitty.

Still, isn't there a temptation to be heralded with a position at the top?

'But then you know how this world operates', smiles Kareena, 'Today I have a couple of blockbusters but then tomorrow I may have two flops and someone else may give two hits. There is no point speculating around such positions and instead expect the best work to come your way.'

Well, one can well see some good work coming her way, what with RA. 1 (Shah Rukh Khan), AGENT VINOD (Saif Ali Khan), BODYGUARD (Salman Khan) and (tentatively titled) SHORT TERM SHAADI (Imran Khan) being her four major releases in 2011.

'As long as my true worth is known and I continue to command the kind the respect that I deserve in this industry, I am on a happy ground. Today when everyone is doing so well in his or her space, it is so outdated to think if you are number one or number ten', she signs off.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/10/dec/15-kareena-kapoor-it-is-outdated-to-think-about-number-game-121002.asp
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
I thought she was referring to the argument between her and Priyanka. 🤣
u know, kareena is a flop actress and always will be
she just got lucky to be in amirs 3I & ajay's golmaal 3 which happened to collect big @ box office

so really it shud be amir n ajay top of bo not her 😛
In Bollywood it's better not to be numero uno heroine because once you're on top next you're on your way out, for example Madhuri & Rani.

I hate to say this but all bollywood movies are sold because of heroes of the film & not heroine so I don't understand the numero game with the heroines. If movie is female oriented then you can say that particular actress has power to bring the house down. For example Rekha's Umrao Jaan, Meena Kumari's Pakeeza & recently Priyanka Chopra's Fashion these movies did good at box office. Kareena got unlucky with Chameli because personally I thought she was best in that movie & loved the story.

I am not putting Kareena or any actresses down but hate to say this it's a man's world in bollywood. Where in hollywood actresses in their 50's & 60's can still get main lead.

Originally posted by MeghaSRKLover

she just got lucky to be in amirs 3I & ajay's golmaal 3 which happened to collect big @ box office

I disagree. Kareena is a good actress. In golmaal 3 i feel she had just as a important role as any of the guys. I feel she got very lucky to do 3 idiots, even though it was a small role it was good. 

Will she can at least act. 😛 And no matter what, she has been the top actress since the past 3 years. And it's not because she was giving flops. ðŸ˜› G3 was not not a hit only because of ajay. They all had something to do with the success.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago

I don't know if I would call her a flop, but I do agree that she got lucky with 3 Idiots and Golmaal 3. I would like to see her in a movie on her own without any of the Khan's tagging along.

Golmaal 3 was a no brain-er! Lord knows why everyone likes the Golmaal series, but that was going to be a definite hit!

Kareena is a very very good actress n she definitely is not a flop actress, for sure!!!!
She is well appreciated for her work n her name is listed on the good actress list, Even celebrities in KWK say she is no 1 actress on the ranking list so this proves that she can actually act!!!

I think in all her films she is the star and the most great thing in the film, like in jab we met, the film was complete with her, if any other actress did this movie  they would never had done it better than her, n in G3 people do actually praise her work n i think she was the sole of both golmaal series.
A lot of people just can't think beyond numbers and for that that I loved her last statement: 'As long as my true worth is known and I continue to command the kind the respect that I deserve in this industry, I am on a happy ground. Today when everyone is doing so well in his or her space, it is so outdated to think if you are number one or number ten', she signs off

But really I do have to agree movies are primarly carried on the hero's shoulders unless it's a female oriented movie or a chick flick. 

As an actress Kareena has grown over the years I remember when she had a string of flops I was like she really can't act but now after seeing her in films like Omkara, Kurbaan, We are Family etc she can in fact act.  It's just when she does something as Kambakt Ishq I'm like what was she thinking?  Some people liked the movie some didn't and obviously I didn't.

Back to the article good thing that she's not following the number game.