Posted: 13 years ago
Honestly, I don't know about the rest of you, but I watch Kofffee With Karan for entertainment, to listen to some juicy gossip, not hear other celebs fakely comment other celebs haha 😆

Now, kudos to the celebs that don't let Karan's manipulating ways get to them, for one thing their all adults so maybe half of them should start acting like it
Edited by mz.jess - 13 years ago
i totally agree with u n i feel the same way about kjo he is playing narad muni everyone is blaming the stars but no one really blames him who  starts everything and then sits n watches them fight or say things about each other even if it's in regular tone kjo makes it sound like in angry tone or insulting. i don't think so that many stars will come for nxt season or there is gonna be a nxt season lol. stars knows better but kjo is starting the fire and then watch the fun. he is not really a friend to anyone cuz he talks about everyone n he is the kind of a person who will be with u when success is with u. Edited by Miss.Colorfull - 13 years ago
There is not going to be another season for this for sure and even if it does happen celebs are going to defn. ask for money to appear on his show. He may ask manipulative question but these celebs should know better how to handle them . So i do not fully blame KJO . 
Playing ? 🤔 he alwayz was🤔🤣

But i dnt blame KJO .. c'mon he is not pointing pistol on thr head to utter those comments tht the stars made on his show .. His show is a nice platform for them to vent out thr personal grudges .. 😆
Originally posted by infinity_9000

I really dislike Karan Johar. He loves to gossip and it's one thing to love gossip, but he is extremely nosy. Sure, celebrities need to think before they speak (A certain Ms. Padukone) but I hold him responsible as well.

To be frank I never saw the guy, as a loyal friend. He sits around and listens to celebs bitch and complain about others. He is friends with everyone (nothing wrong with that) but how can you sit quietly when someone bitches about your friend? How can you nod your head and instigate them to continue talking?!

I always assumed that if he did this on the talk show, then he is pretty much the same in real life. I doubt the guy will defend anyone except for maybe Srk?

of course... easier to blame karan, isn't it...!  😛😛😛   if we all act rashly when instigated, that doesn't really say a lot about us, does it now...!   😛😛😉

why does he need to be loyal alone...??   are any of the celebs that come on his show loyal...??  😕   are they the epitome of morals... please....!  😛😛😛

as they say, doosron ke kandhe pe rakh ke bandook chalaana... kwk is a just a platform for them to settle their own scores...!!  😛😛😛😛

if they did have any dignity at all, then they'd all follow suit in ash's footsteps.... gotta give it to her... no matter what the provocation, she never reacts cattily...!!  😛😛😛    for that matter, i've never heard katrina take any digs at any of her costars and contemporaries either...!!  😛😛😛😛  

i guess karan and srk both have always been there for each other (no matter how you want to interpret it), so that's probably one of the reasons why he'd stand up for him... but i don't live in his mind, so i wouldn't know the exact reason....!!   😛😛😛
Agree Aish doesn't make catty remarks...but it was SO obvious to me that she despises SRK & Salman hello "My name isn't Khan"...actually she has a brilliant mind..for those who can understand her body language & eloquent silence or innuendos...

Kat & Aish don't make public what they really think & prefer playing the diplomacy cards...I guess it has to do wih their education...
SRK & Kajol tend to be more vocal about what they think cause  they were brought up in a permissive environment.
It has to do with their prsonality too.

Most of the times, I guess they speak their minds so some hidden truths come out rawly.

Personally -- I can only make bitchy remarks about others when I've alrready done it in front of them..that's my stance...if I am not criticizing face to face - I can't do it on other platforms unless on a very private's one...
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

of course... easier to blame karan, isn't it...!  😛😛😛   if we all act rashly when instigated, that doesn't really say a lot about us, does it now...!   😛😛😉

why does he need to be loyal alone...??   are any of the celebs that come on his show loyal...??  😕   are they the epitome of morals... please....!  😛😛😛

as they say, doosron ke kandhe pe rakh ke bandook chalaana... kwk is a just a platform for them to settle their own scores...!!  😛

if they did have any dignity at all, then they'd all follow suit in ash's footsteps.... gotta give it to her... no matter what the provocation, she never reacts cattily...!!  😛😛😛    for that matter, i've never heard katrina take any digs at any of her costars and contemporaries either...!!  😛  

i guess karan and srk both have always been there for each other (no matter how you want to interpret it), so that's probably one of the reasons why he'd stand up for him... but i don't live in his mind, so i wouldn't know the exact reason....!!   😛😛😛

Does he have to provoke the person? And act all nosy?!

I think I made it clear that celebrities need to think before they speak, but the whole point of my post is Karan and the GUESTS are BOTH equally responsible.

Well he is clearly not "friends" with everyone - or he just has the wrong definition of friendship, which essentially means calling everyone a friend, listening to them bitch with a evil smile, and instigating them to talk. 😃

Does he have to provoke the person? And act all nosy?!

I think I made it clear that celebrities need to think before they speak, but the whole point of my post is Karan and the GUESTS are BOTH equally responsible.

Well he is clearly not "friends" with everyone - or he just has the wrong definition of friendship, which essentially means calling everyone a friend, listening to them bitch with a evil smile, and instigating them to talk. 😃

i believe the exact words were 'loyal friend', to which i wonder... why is he only expected to be loyal...?  he is a chat show host... and if you see any other chat shows, karan isn't exactly doing anything different...!  😛😛😛  do the celebs not know what kinda questions will be asked... 😕  they love all these controversies themselves... more publicity for them... and of course a chance to settle scores...!

if someone is drinking and driving, the blame can hardly lay with the bar man... isn't it... in any case...!!  
^ Claiming that others are not loyal does NOT excuse him. Why compare everything with the worse?

Friendship and the role of a chat show host - I would like to believe are two entirely different things. He doesn't have to necessarily USE the information as a "so-called-friend" on the show. If the guests consent to the info, then I guess it's all fine, but quite a few times some of them do look awkward.

I find him two faced more so than the others. I disagree on chat show hosts, because I remember Simi Garewal, and that lady was much better than KJo any day.
Edited by infinity_9000 - 13 years ago

^ Claiming that others are not loyal does NOT excuse him. Why compare everything with the worse?

Friendship and the role of a chat show host - I would like to believe are two entirely different things. He doesn't have to necessarily USE the information as a "so-called-friend" on the show. If the guests consent to the info, then I guess it's all fine, but quite a few times some of them do look awkward.

I find him two faced more so than the others. I disagree on chat show hosts, because I remember Simi Garewal, and that lady was much better than KJo any day.

this is bollywood though... so really, why should he show loyalty to those who would not be loyal to him...  you can't place the onus on one person, and let the others have the benefit of the doubt...!!   you can't clap with one hand....!

things seem to have changed quite a bit from simi grewal's time... that was a while ago, wasn't it... but most of the chat show now, all revolve around controversial questions...