Devaki Mata or Yashoda Mata??

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Which mother of Shri Krishna's do you like the best?

Poll Choice
Devaki
Yasoda
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Devakiji for meee, though I luv Yashoda too.😃
Deboki mata is really excelent. But Yoshoda ma is just unparallel & uncomperable. Just think,dear, all we address Shri Krishna as Yoshoda-nandan. Mother Yoshoda is the embodiment of maternal love & affection. In our country, she is also worshipped as a goddess.
both loved and suffered in their own way ....
initially Krishna was not with Devki maa and then Yashoda maa

but i'll go for yashoda maa...
@Urmila,

Krishna is also referred to as Devaki Nandan. He gave equal importance to both mothers, because both loved him unconditionally and without end.😊

I also love both a lot, it is so hard to choose, but I've always sympathized with the suffering Devak underwent by losing six children so gruesomely to her own brother, and then being denied the childhood of her seventh and eighth, so I vote for Devaki though I love Yashoda lot too.
I am with Janaki. Though I can't say I vote for Devaki out of sympathy because of her sorrows or miseries but because of her overall reaction to them, her tolerance and most importantly her relative level of knowledge (lack of possessiveness or attachment). My criteria of liking a mother is "who is more open to share/sacrifice her child for the welfare of the world and share the love of (by) the child with (towards) all people of the world and doesn't tie her child's abilities and freedom for duties with her bondage of possessiveness." Even after getting Krishna back, Devaki had to see him busy in his education with Sandipani (staying away from Mathura), then in danger of Jarasandh and then after a few years continuously busy in his agenda of dharmasansthaapan in Aaryaavart (visiting Indraprastha also many times staying away from Dwarika). But anyway the criteria is at practical level. Both the souls were going to get Krishna after leaving the body so keeping the degree of layer of maya aside, both were great devotee souls. If we track the mythological origin to track the mythological status as shown in SK, Nandbaba was Vasu but Vasudevji was Prajapati. Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
I voted for Devaki mata. And I agree with Shivang bhaiyya 😃 Edited by LOLAnisha - 13 years ago
I also voted for Devaki, though I love both of them tons. I agree with Janki and Shivang bhaiyya.