I have no pressure: Madhuri Dixit

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

How did Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 happen for you?
The producers of the show and the channel have been chasing me for two years now and this year they wanted to launch it in a better and bigger way so they called me to LA, showed me the original version Dancing With The Stars and explained that this is how they want their version to be. They asked me to think about it. To be specific, I haven't really been in shape for last two years. But when I felt that they were really serious about the show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and since dance has always been very close to my heart, I knew I'd have fun doing it. These celebrity contestants aren't trained in any dance form so it would be nice to see them performing different dance forms.

But a couple of them are trained in various forms, what do you have to say about the uneven mix?
I don't think all of them are trained. Some of them are trained in certain forms but not all. On the other hand, I feel it's entirely different about participating in a dance show like this. There are no retakes unlike movies and soaps, they have to dance well as well as maintain the expressions so it's different.

Why did you refuse for the show earlier?
I had many reasons including the fact that my kids were young. Now, they have started going to their respective schools and so I have more time to spare for myself.

How are you preparing for the show?
I've to judge them, scan their dance, and pass motivating comments. So that they can improve and do better. I have to make them realise their flaws and help them learn. We have to guide them.

Which is your favourite dance form?
Kathak is my favourite dance form and is very close to my heart. I also like classical dance form.

Big B and Kaun Banega Crorepati fetched great numbers for the channel, Jhalak has replaced KBC, being the face of the show, do you feel any pressure to live upto the expectation?
I don't feel any pressure. I am enjoying myself and I think everybody who is participating in the show are enjoying themselves too.

Celebrity dance shows of late have failed to interest the audience. What you feel would attract the viewers to this show?
What will attract the audience is the energy of the show, different celebrities and the fact that all have them have taken the challenge to showcase different styles of dance. All of them are working hard which is quite evident to everyone.

Who's your favourite actor when it comes to dancing?
There are quite a few. I like Hema ji (Hema Malini), Helen ji and Vaijyanti Mala.

You learn it from your parents and since you are a gifted dancer, which of the two boys (sons) have you passed on the talent to?
(laughs) Abhi dono hi dance karte hain dekhte hain aagey kya hota hai (Both of them are into dancing as of now, let's see what's in store for them). Both of them have rhythm. I always feel that everybody is a born dancer and we all know how to dance. It's all about shedding your inhibitions and mustering the courage to face the spectators.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=I-have-no-pressure-Madhuri-Dixit&aid=2392

Madhuri Dixit