|| Atha Shri Krishna Katha || - My Journey - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Hey Guys,

We watched a CHUNK of SK yesterday, and finished all of Ashok's epis. We watched all the way up to Swapnil's entrance into SK, Gokul vs Barsana Holi, Kampit Charan, and Aaja Re Kanhaiyya. Hoping I will be able to write my entries before watching more.πŸ˜†
^^ Yay, you got to my favorite parts πŸ˜ƒ I loved watching Radha-Krishna 😊 Do update soon!
Originally posted by LOLAnisha

^^ Yay, you got to my favorite parts πŸ˜ƒ I loved watching Radha-Krishna 😊 Do update soon!

Yeah, my fav part was the Post-Aaja Re Kanhaiyya dialogue between Gokul RadheKrishna and Golok RadheKrishna.😍
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Yeah, my fav part was the Post-Aaja Re Kanhaiyya dialogue between Gokul RadheKrishna and Golok RadheKrishna.😍
You mean the part after they've grown up and they're sitting by the river? That was one of my favorites too πŸ˜
Did you get to the part yet where Radhaji gets jealous of the other Gopis and wants to prove she loves Shri Krishna more, with the rekha (line) she draws? I also love that scene πŸ˜
Okay guys.....get ready for a heart attack (hopefully not)......🀣

We watched up to Kans Vadh/VasuDevaki freed/Ugrasen Rajyabhishek!!!

And Lola used to call me lazy with SK😑.....whadya say now, Lolikins? Did I please you enough?πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

We will prob not watch more for awhile, because college and my dad's work will start again....anyhow, what we watched will keep my entries going for awhile, so no morries.πŸ˜‰ Just wanted to share this with you guys before starting my entries.
soon im to give my inputs along with u 😊
Shri Krishna is coming on Star Utsav @7pm
n i watched Gurukul scenes and Sudama yesterday  πŸ˜‰
Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
Seems as if my family still wants to watch SK rather frequently....so I'd better tackle replies and entries before we finish the Swapnil phase as well.πŸ˜†

I kind of skipped your replies on Pg. 3, Lola and Debi, hope you don't mind....because I felt we already discussed that early phase enough through scrapbook and/or PMs.πŸ˜³πŸ˜† It would seem repetitive to discuss again (in truth I'm impatient to get to the older phase)....these are the replies for Pg. 4.

@Lola,

You're right. Vilas Raj when he's being 'sarcastic Kans' is sooooo much more watchable than when he does his hyena laughter. God, I want to smack him across the face then (Kans, not poor Vilas Raj).🀣 And agree about Sunil-Paulommi's chemistry. They were just perfect as Vasudev and Devaki.πŸ‘ It is one thing being good actors, but have such powerful chemistry is a whole new level of awesomeness. They seemed just like the typical Desi husband and wife.πŸ˜†

Yeah, I loved Damini during the Bal Krishna scenes. Her expressions were so powerful and genuineπŸ‘, but I felt she could have improved later on when Akrur revealed the truth about Krishna's birth. She did good with the whole crying and all, but when she's yelling at Akrur, she seemed more mean than heartbroken....I love Damini as Yashoda and all, but I felt that she portrayed Yashoda Maiyya as being too unreasonable later on.😳 The character of Yashoda was supposed to be very divine and motherly, and while she had her set of faults as a human being, I am sure she was not bitter towards Devaki even after finding out the truth, as Damini sort of portrayed her to be.

Vijay Kavish is just perfect in any role he does, whether it be Shiv, Valmiki, or Ugrasen (was he Ugrasen?).πŸ‘ He did each and every role so well that we could just feel the affection and sincerity in him.😍

Did I forget to address anything?πŸ˜† Sorry for the late reply...

@Debi,

Yeah, you are so right, Debi. I am just sooooooo in love with Shri Krishna right now I can very well be one of the Gopis.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Haha, j/kπŸ˜† But seriously though, I'm just obsessed with this serial right now, it truly caught the beauty and bhakti of Lord Krishna's leelas...I never want it to end.😳😭  I think you are going through the same thing with Ramayan right now.πŸ˜›

Thanks for explaining the incident about Yashoda Maiyya's maya...I understood it so much more later on when Garg Maharshi and Akrur had their conversation about love and human illusion.😍 It's really clear now, esp with your explanation.πŸ˜ƒ

The 4-5 year old Krishna really is a darling....he reminds me of my brother at that age.😳😳 Loved seeing his scenes though they were not long.

Yes, Lola told me that the 7-8 year old Krishna is your favorite out of all of them, he/she was such a cutiepie.πŸ˜ƒ All of his leelas were so adorable and really worth watching over and over. My favorite is the Gopis' Vastraharan, chooo cute and meaningful at the same time.😍 I loved the lecture Krishna gives the Gopis about modesty and all....will talk about it in detail when I do the entry.πŸ˜‰

SDB's voice was very soothing and peaceful, and his dialogye delivery was just great.πŸ‘

Hope I covered everything....did I miss a part of your reply?😳

@Parina,

Oh, where do you live in India? Since you live there, it should be very easy for you to find SK.😊 If you want though (since the DVDs are kind of expensive), I can give you the website which has the entire series online.😳 

Wow, SK is that far along in Star Utsav? I think Deeps is also watching it, but she said it was at the part where Akrur realizes Krishna's divine identity....guess they're showing it twice in different times.

Sure, I'll be happy to have you post your inputs here whenever you watch it.πŸ˜ƒ

@Nishy,

Yeah, I watched that epi where Radha's pride is broken and will talk in detail when I get to that entry.πŸ˜‰ But yes, I did enjoy it alot, my fav RadheKrishna scene!
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
yup in India ...
yes it comes twice ... dont know what they are showing at that time coz that doesn't suits me πŸ˜‰

diff to  watch the complete show online coz here it takes time in loading 😑

Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

yup in India ...
yes it comes twice ... dont know what they are showing at that time coz that doesn't suits me πŸ˜‰

diff to  watch the complete show online coz here it takes time in loading 😑

Yeah, it's difficult to watch online esp when one's server is slow...happens to me a lot when I watch something online.πŸ˜” 

As per Deeps, SK is shown twice I think on Star Utsav...one timing is currently at the part where Krishna is in Mathura to attend Kans's Dhanur Vidya...by now maybe Kans Vadh is also done, dunno. Another timing is showing the older Krishna series, and I don't know which part they are on now.😳
Thursday, December 29, 2010 @ 8:40 PM

Dear Diary,

Today we watched Episodes 22 & 23, which covered the end of Makhan Chori Krishna's phase and the beginning of Ashok Balakrishnan's. Episode 22 starts off with the scene where Shri Krishna takes Radharani to the banks of river Yamuna and Radhaji says Yamuna runs by Barsana as well. It was interesting to find out the reason Radha and Krishna did not get married, that it was the result of Shridhama's curse that they remain separated for 100 year. But it did not explain why Shridhama gave the curse to them, so if anyone knows, please do tell me.😳 The song which comes during this scene was also nice, and both child Radha and Krishna looked so cute in their Godly forms...Radhaji in particular looked very divine and pretty, though Krishna looked a bit shy and uncomfortable in his dressy outfit.πŸ˜†

One of my favorite Krishna Leela stories came soon after, the fruit seller! This episode was just amazing, really soooo divine and beautifully done.😍 The lady who played the fruit seller (also Shabri from Ramayan) and the child who played Krishna enacted this scene really really well, starting with the woman's entry to the cute hug Krishna gives. All the affection and sincerity in the scene makes us feel as if we're watching the story straight as it happened in the Bhagawatham.😍
When the fruit seller attempts to sell her fare and no one buys anything from her, and then the part where she dismally tells Krishna that she cannot take him onto her lap because of her low caste....everything about her expressions was just heartbreaking.πŸ₯Ί I really really felt sooo bad for the poor woman despite knowing the divine outcome of this story. My favorite part about this episode was when Krishna tells her that in the Kingdom of God, one's caste, profession, gender, etc does not matter at all...only their bhakti.😍 The child gave this dialogue really well and you could sense sincerity and innocense in his manner of talking and action....the way he runs down the courtyard to give her grains of rice but ends up with only a few kernels in his hand.....everything seemed straight out of the Bhagawatham.❀️ And the Heere Moti Daan Me De song was also very nice and perfectly tuned for the scene.πŸ‘ Jai Shri Krishna!

Next episode is the last one with Makhan Chori Krishna....Vastra Haran of the Gopis. Though the above picture from Sagar World shows Ashok, the actual episode had the Makhan Chori Krishna enact this scene (sorry, don't know his name).....and though I said this for every one of his scenes....it was his best one.😍 It was very meaningful and so full of warmth and sincerity....really really really well directed by RS and superbly acted by the child and his friends.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ My favorite friend of Krishna's is the one who walks with a stick...I think his name was Mansukha or something. He was so amusing and cute in every one of his dialoguesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†, and he seemed the most loyal of all the friends.

This episode is another great favorite of mine because this story in general is a controversial one in Shri Krishna's life. When people criticize Krishna, they bring up this incident over and over again, and call him all sorts of ugly names which really make me shrivel up with disgust.🀒 I don't want to repeat any of those comments here, but watching this epi made me think....those people should watch this scene since a lot of them never 'waste time' reading the scriptures like the Bhagawatham or whatnot as it does not interest them, or they do not believe in them to be the word of God. But then again....if someone's faith is so shaky that serials can make them like or dislike Gods, it is doubtful just how long their faith can last, because faith comes from our heart...from our love and devotion to God...and only that love and devotion makes us engrossed in these mythological serials, these actors, songs, and anything else that makes the mytho serial special for us. I do not believe faith can be molded by earthly objects...but then again, that is a whole different subject altogether and many here many not agree with me.😳 And also...I'm deviating from the topic.πŸ˜†

Anyhow, as I was saying, I honestly believe Ramanand Sagarji handled this scene really well, because he subtly addressed all those criticisms Lord Krishna constantly receives from disbelievers by making his Krishna lecture the Gopis on why he stole their clothing. Leaving aside Krishna's whole 'don't you dare tattletale on me to Ma again' issue, the fact that the Gopis' bathing in the river naked is against morality, and that he stole their clothing to teach them the lesson of modesty....it was all explained so beautifully that it also clarifies to us why Krishna stole their clothing.😍 Also, the fact that he was a mere child when he did that is so conveniently forgotten by criticizers.πŸ€“

Anyhow, I found a nice HQ video of this scene on youtube for those who haven't seen SK....if you would like, do watch this episode as you'll love to pieces just like I did.πŸ˜ƒ The cute amusing scenes in this vid, where Krishna makes the Gopis tug on their ears and take 'gunjis' (that's what we call those little exercises in Telugu) as paschyataap was hilarious.🀣 The pouts on the Gopis' faces were also cute....though I personally felt that some of them looked a bit full of themselves (esp the one who comes on 10:28...I really do not like her).πŸ€” If only Krishna broke their pride also (if they did have it) like he did Radharani's later on. But then again, maybe it was just the actresses and the actual Gopis were alright.πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7HnCrzlCjs[/YOUTUBE]

And so that concludes the Makhan Chori phase and Shri Krishna grows up....giving the serial a new actor as well: Ashok Balakrishnan. He is one of my favorite Krishnas in this serial, as he was very sincere looking and enacted both his most imp scenes of Govardhan Dhari and Kaliya Naag Nritya very well.πŸ‘ I esp loved his entro scene where he takes the cows grazing with Balram. Of course, he is actually first introduced when Yashoda Maiyya wakes him up with the 'Jaago Maiyya Ke Pyaare' song, but we get to see him in real action when he sets off with Balram, his friends, and the cows. The settings of Gokul at this point are really sooooooooo beautiful, and I think all of you know by now just how obsessed I am with the tune of the flute which comes during this scene.😍 It was first introduced by Dhanwa, the flute Guru of Krishna during the Makhan Chori phase, but it was played most during Ashok's role as Krishna and then once or twice with Swapnil (during the Radharani's pride episode). Here is the vid for anyone who wants to see it...there's no dialogue, just the beautiful melodious tune of the flute, but believe me, you'll feel yourself drowning in it in no time.❀️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhpOYTdGbo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This scene is followed by Bakasur's Vadh (aaaargh, Kans is back!πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†) and then Aghasur's Vadh. Both scenes were filmed well, and though the monster costumes they used looked sooooo fake (even our halloween costumes were/are scarierπŸ˜†), Ashok's acting and the story/scene itself made up for the poor technology. I especially liked seing Aghasur's Vadh because it gave the background story of Rishi Astavakra's curse...these background stories really teach you a lot.πŸ‘ The patience the sage showed while Aghasur continuously laughed at him....it was really very aplaudable and made us wonder just how patient we ourselves would have been with that man. But the curse was inevitable...and as usual it is always comforting when hearing these stories, because when such great sins were forgiven by Lord Vishnu, it gives us hope that with true paschyataap, the bad Karma we do everyday too will be forgiven.😳 But it is easier said than done with the faults and temptations of today's society...often times, even with paschyataap we must do a lot of good Karma to erase our bad.

Here is the vid of Astavakra's curse for those who want to see it.😊
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqK5ijTjII&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

And that basically ends Episode 23 of SK...of course, there were a few Kans scenes here and there, but they basically consisted of him summoning Bakasur and Aghasur, getting into a few rages, and letting out his usual hyena laughter, nothing really memorable or important.πŸ˜†

So.....will write about the Kaliya Mardan scene in my next entry....till then...

Jai Shree Krishna!

Love,
Janu
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
Wow, superb di!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sorry for the late reply! I had to read all of the entries first! And wow, just great they are! How do you find the time to watch these, pay such close attention, and then write everything down for us? You're really amazing di! Plus you write very well, you should write a thesis on Krishna! Just can't complement you enough! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Btw, do you know where I can buy the entire set of SK? I found Mahabharat in our Indian Grocery Store, but not that. 😭
But our neighbor owns the Mahabharat series so I didn't buy it. Only watched like the first two dics of that though. Didn't really like their portrayal of the young Krishna.πŸ˜• Would I have to order SK online or something?

And with the Shridhama's curse part. I don't think that they cleared that up in JSK either, but there is a Krishna fanclub on fb which keeps posting articles. It said that apparently Krishna, seeing the bhakti of a gopika in golok, went to her one day instead of Radhika. Shridhama was guarding the two when Radharani came to see what was happening. Shridhama tried to stop her and she cursed him with something (maybe to be born as a human or something) and he cursed her that she too would have to tread on the earth and that she would be separated from Krishna. Its something like that.