-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Sridevi's peak was in the middle to late 80's and Madhuri's peak was in the late 90's to the middle 90's.....

So they were not like the Kareena PC of today I mean competitors since both are at their peak , but more like Rani Kareena...who are not exactly competitors since  Rani is done with her peak and Kareena is at her peak now....

Yeah age wise they were not far apart... but yes Sridevi started early and was paired with the older ones like Jeetendra, AB sr etc...
and Madhuri was paired more with the people in the later generation..

In short both had enough time to be the reigning queens before the other one came along...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

True TM...
But mads is my ultimate Eternal Diva..........😳

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i think both are similar aged, maybe sri devi is a couple yrs older
both r beautiful, both r great dancers, both r good actresses n they've made good movies
they've both had a good career in bwood

but for me i like sri devi first n then madhuri
i mite be biased cos i can remember seeing a lot of sri devi films first before i saw madhuri films when i was young
i like sri in Mr India πŸ˜†
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago
Hum Aapke Hain Kaun was the first hindi movie i saw in the theaters.. so i am more of a Madhuri fan.. i was mesmerized by her.. its that movie that made me watch more hindi movies.. and a few years later i rented Mr. India..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..  and i loved Sri Devi in that.. i guess by then Sri Devi was out of the picture and Madhuri was still going strong.. So yes, i dont consider them to be from the same era..πŸ˜›

I never really developed a single favorite.. i liked any good movie.. Karishma Madhuri movies were good entertainments.. and even Raveena for Andaaz Apna Apna..πŸ˜†

EDIT:  While watching HAHK.. i was wondering why the skinny looking hero got the pretty heroine.. I wanted Madhuri to marry my cute teacher.. what can you expect frm an elementary schooler..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Meena1 - 13 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i guess i am more ancient than anyone here...!  πŸ˜†

as a kid, i grew up watching amitabh bachan movies... and i used to watch dilip kumar... he was awesome... my mom is a huge fan of all the old black and white movies, so we got to see all the old movies too...!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

sridevi was great, and i loved her performances... her jodi with jeetendra was so popular... and then with mithun (whom we used to call makhan at that time, lmao)...!  πŸ˜†   she has some great movies with anil, jackie, shatru and even amitabh...

first ever madhuri movie i watched was hifaazat... she was so good in that movie... i've loved all her performances as well...

i think both of them are great... somehow, i have always liked madhuri... she is a personal favourite...!  😳   i guess i was a bit more older at that time, so her performances stayed with me a lot more than sri's....

both of them have enjoyed two decades of fame... not a lot of actresses can boast of the same....!  

oddly enough though, i don't really want to see any of them back on screen... i'm quite happy with all the movies that they have done previously...!  πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

for me its sridevi...maybe thats coz i grew up watching her movies. She stated her career as the main lead 16 vayadinile " with kamal haasan....

she has acted in so many tamil movies and she was amazing in all that esp her pairing was kamal haasan was just elecrifying, they had done a lot of movies together along with rajini

then she entered Bollywood...I loved her in Mr. India, chaal baaz ..mostly loved her dance and her expressions. Somehow I felt that the heroines who came after her always had that " sridevi look and expressions" in some of their films including madhuri in " khel" ..

Madhuri was gud in HAHK but then again I loved only her dance but not her acting. She was pretty normal in acting but sridevi was something else alltogether
Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
SriDevi for me.. I just ......simply..... adore her!
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Well Madz for me!! I liked Sridevi with Kamal and all in her movies down south..But couldnt connect to the roles she did in bolly..especially some facial expressions while attempting comedy..Dont know just felt it was a bit OTT..Loved her in movies like Lamhe though

I think i have a problem watching south stars in Hindi..they need to tone down a bit here..Never like Asin in bolly movies as well..She was fab in ghajini tamil version and her chemistry with Surya was wow(liked it more than surya-jyo lol) but in Hindi I felt she overacted:(
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
For me it's Madhuri, I love her, dance, her acting, her personality...I like everything about her!!! I love her workin DIl, DTPH, Anjaam, Parinda, Beta, Zindagi Ek Jua, Jeevan Ek Sangarsh, Rajkumar, raja, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, devdas, Tezaab ...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘For me she is the Queen of Bollywood!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Personally,
I love both actresses. Both are excellent in what they do😊. I don't know why people consider them competitionπŸ˜•. Sri has been in the industry much longer than Mads.