Taify thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Am I the only one who feels these two are nto from the same generation.

They all consider them competitiors but I personally never did...

Were they really acting at the same time?

I feel like Sri Devi came after the likes of Hema Malini and Rekha and... enjoyed her reign and then Madhuri arrived on the scene ...

Or were they really together?
Sri Devi's movies look old..

or is it that Madhuri worked for a longer period of time?
These two just dnt look like from the same generation. I heard there isn't a huge age diff either(4 yrs)

Am I the only one who feels so?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I always thought they both were both competition for each other but I didn't think about the fact Sridevi started films earlier than Madhuri did, both were amazing in what they did but I was more of a Madhuri fan than Sridevi😳
Taify thumbnail
I love Madhuri's dancing... but I think I am in love with Sri Devi.

I can't name any movie of herx that I didnt like...

What an awesome, exceptional talent.

So you believe that belonged to the same generation.

WOnder why they never worked together.
yeh sridevi started much earlier and younger...she was a child artist and her first break as a heroine was when she was 16....she was in the industry for a loong time which is why it may feel shes much older to madz......sridevi had been in the industry for nearly a decade b4 madz came on the horizon....but they are both essentially the same age group...
Taify thumbnail

For me it looks like

Rekha/Hema Malini>Sri Devi>Madhuri/Juhi>Karisma/Kajol>Preity/Rani>Kareena/Kat/Priyanka>Sonam/Deepika...

such periods.. :P

For me,
Rekha and Sri devi were not comp
Madhuri and Karisma weren't either
Kajol and Rani tho same age group but never considered them contemporaries
Same goes for Kareena and and Rani
i always luved madhuri for her dance and grace...but i think sri was more of an all-rounder....she was fantastic at dramatic and comic roles and was also a very graceful dancer...infact she was more "hero" material than "heroine"... I think sridevi has the best comic timing amongst all the female actors ive ever seen on indian cinema...shes just so uninhibited and vivacious....her strong south indian accent in the hindi might be a turn off for sum...but i somehow didnt mind it..some of the bloggers call her "shrill devi" but i absolutely love her to bits.....i could just watch sridevi doing comedy for hours and laugh my guts off...she was amazing in chaalbaaz, Mr india (charlie chaplin scene, hawa hawai).....
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sridevi was a popular heroine from 1983. Madhuri became a popular heroine in 1988. They were compared for the first time from 1990 onwards, when Madhuri won her first Filmfare Award. Sridevi won in 1991. Madhuri won in 1992 and then the competition got fierce. Unfortunately Sridevi's star started to fade but Madhuri's star continued to shine and by 1994 she was far far ahead with HAHK. Sridevi retired in 1997 - the same year Madhuri had a re-invention with DTPH. Madhuri left the scene in 2002 with much praise and acclaim and has since topped Best Actress polls almost unanimously. Now when you think of a complete actress you think of Madhuri Dixit. Sridevi is more of a cult diva nowadays. I don't think Sridevi can make a successful comeback because her particular style of acting is out-dated. Madhuri on the other hand has proved she is everlasting with Aaja Nachle.
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i am more of a Sridevi fan than Madhuri😃...
the catfights between the 2 were simply awesome😆😆...Sridevi didn't take it well, when Saroj Khan openly supported Madhuri...n then when there was a kinda spat between Saroj n Madhuri, Sridevi got back at Saroji😆😆...
this war got better when Juhi Chawla also entered the scenario...hehe those were the days of entertaining catfights😉😆😆😆
Taify thumbnail
^above

details plz
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
well, I was always more of a madhuri fan, probably cuz I was introduced to madhuri's films first, but even then, madz's charm always worked more for me. 

I love sridevi aswell but a tad bit less than madz. chaalbaaz, roop ki rani choron ka raja, lamhe etc are some of my fav film, but I'd pick tezaab, anjaam, beta and DTPH over them anyday.