Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Arjun to takeover khurana empire-article!!!

StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Like any other doting brother, he can't see his sister in trouble and won't spare those who wrong her. After he realises that Dev and Maan have caused trouble and miseries for Nayantara, he vows to take revenge on them.

He is someone who thinks from his heart and would cross all limits to ensure that his family is safe and problems are at bay for them.

Piyush Sehdev, who essays the role of Arjun Rathore, draws a parallel between his reel and real life:

Tell us a bit about your look and role on the show.

I have a rugged look on the show, which is completely different from the ones that I have played so far. I play Arjun Rathore, who is an impulsive guy and would do anything for his sister. Like any other Sardar brother, he thinks from the heart. I have come here to destroy Dev and his family, as I believe that my sister has landed in hospital because of them.

Is it going to be a negative character like that of your sister?

Viewers might think of it to be a negative character, but I beg to differ. Any brother on earth would go to any extent for his sister, and if someone has wronged his sister, he ought to take revenge on them. You can't expect to bear any insult meted out to your sister lying down. So, in a way, it's not a negative character, but that of a loving and doting brother who can't see his sister in trouble.

You support your sister unconditionally, but isn't it wrong to believe her blindly, as she is infamous as a trouble maker in the family?

If a brother comes to know that his sister is in trouble, he would end up overlooking all her shortcomings and wrong-doings.If you come to know that your sister has been eve-teased by a guy, you would end up beating the guy black and blue. A true Punjabi is always over-protective about the ladies of the house and can't see them in trouble. Co-incidentally, both in my reel and real life, I am a Punjabi.

What's the best part of this show?

I debuted with Meet Mila De Rabba, followed by Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai and Pratigya. In all these shows, I played a character older then my real age, but this is the first show for STAR One, a youth-oriented channel, where I have got to play a character younger than my real age. It's fun, but is challenging at the same time. It's challenging turning younger for the character which, for the first time, has been a little difficult for me.

You are quite like your sister, edgy and risk-taking. Don't you think being impulsive can lead you into trouble at times?

I think it's in our family. To exemplify this, I will tell you about my entry scene. My entry scene was shot at a fight club, where I go as a spectator. The fighter ends up knocking out every challenger, and throws an open challenge to all those present at the club to fight him. Nobody takes up the challenge, and in the end, it's me who walks inside the ring to accept the challenge and ends up knocking him out. In another sequence, where I confront my sister after I come to know that she consumed poison, I threaten to shoot myself just to make her realise how it feels when your dear ones try to end their lives. My character is extremely impulsive. Impulsiveness can certainly land you into dangerous situations.

Are you impulsive in real life too?

Completely. I am very impulsive by nature, and have paid for it too. I still remember when my whole family had shifted in Mumbai and I didn't like the city a wee bit initially. I decided to go back to my hometown Delhi to stay there for three months, which was against my parents' wish. I stayed there only to go through some trying times and realise that I had only fair-weather friends, who showed their true colours when I actually needed them. I came back vowing that I would take care of my parents and make a name for myself in the acting industry.

How are you planning to take revenge from Dev and his family for having poisoned Nayantara's drink, as accused by her?

I haven't been briefed about my character, and it's been just two days that I have started shooting for the show. All I know is that I will make them bankrupt by taking away their business empire.😲😲😲

Punjabis are known to be soft and good at heart, which reflects on their face too. Was it difficult for you to get that harsh look and expression for your character?

It takes time to get into the skin of any character. But sign of a true actor and thorough professional is that he should be able to essay any given role or character.

Have you ever risked anything in real life to get anything done or accomplished?

I have risked myself thousands of times. Like when I was shooting for my first show Meet Mila De Rabba, I insisted on performing every stunt on my own without using a dupe. There were scenes where I had to jump across fire and fall off a 12-foot cliff, I did it all by myself to make it look as authentic and real as it could. There was a scene where I had to slide through a hill. I did it, but the pain later became unbearable. I ended up scraping my chest for that particular sequence.

Watch Geet handle not just one, but two problems in the form of Nayantara and her impulsive brother Arjun Rathore on Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi, Monday to Saturday, 9:30 pm on STAR One.

http://www.starone.in/news/1068/i-have-risked-myself-arjun.aspx

Mallu Edited by Maleka.QN - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
HAHAHA i knew it, thats why i have stopped watching geet long time back😎so, whatsoever happen in geet didnt effect me
StayStrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: saher_90

HAHAHA i knew it, thats why i have stopped watching geet long time back😎so, whatsoever happen in geet didnt effect me

wise decision😆me will do the same when it will happen😆😉

Mallu
saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Maleka.QN

wise decision😆me will do the same when it will happen😆😉

Mallu

Thank you😆Hi5😉
StayStrong thumbnail
@saher:Hi5😆
every wise geet viewer should take the same decision, besides i cant see a downfall coming on my maan, we are sooooo use to of him giving orders and ruling over everyone can tolerate someone else taking maan's place and bringing a downfall upon him.

Mallu
sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
has been posted twice....
Viji79 thumbnail
Now I dont think its going to happen. even if does it would only be a transient take over and Maaneet will bounce back. All sugary would be boring.
StayStrong thumbnail
whooooooooooooops sorry everyone i am really sorry in so many days i have posted a topic and it is posted twice sorry sorry sorry.

Mallu
drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: saher_90

Thank you😆Hi5😉

If they show this happening then GSHP is going to lose most of its viewers, cause no one is going to digest this nonsense. I don't believe the CV's are going to do something so stupid or maybe this is just the other articles on star one which didn't happen as written

The CV's are already showing so many illogical things like the sis whom no one talked about and she doesn't know anything that's happened in the family even though it was front page news how ridiculous is that.
😆
Maan and Arjun don't know each other, wasn't NT the Khurana daughter-in-law???? and now Arjun wanting to revenge the khuranas knowing what his sis did. What is he a psycho??
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my days!

No CVs, please don't do that, it'll spoil everything.

The main thing is, it will spoil the attitude of Maan Singh Khurana- the guy who walks with his head held high, filled with arrogance which only bends down infront of Geet.

One of the jackpots of Geet HSP's popularity is Maan's attitude for which many girls love.

Don't spoil the best personality of the show please.