Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Gopi over stepped her bounds

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
When I read Sadhli's update earlier I said I was quiting the show and was completely sure that I wasn't going to watch until they fix this show.   Which was actually going to be never.  

But the tricky people at SNS posted the epi on IF too early and Aham looks so good in the black suit, white shirt and no tie, that I had to watch just to check him out.  Sorry girls please don't throw things at me because I am kind of on Aham's side on this one.  Here are some reasons:

- So Aham looked at Gopi when she was wearing a green sari - he is a healthy young man.  They look at beautiful women.  It doesn't mean anything.  Happily married older women look at young men too it doesn't mean anything.  

- So he looked at her gratefully when she helped him after his allergic reaction during the house painting incident.  He was thankful that doesn't mean he loves her.

- His mother manipulated him so he dandiyaed with her.  It is a romantic and beautiful dance and he was in character...that doesn't mean all of a sudden he loves her.

- He is a compassionate person and when he saw her in pain at diwali he helped her and put a bandage on her hand.  She was in pain he was sympathetic.  At what point did he do anything to indicate that he feels any more for her than compassion?

Aham has always been in character, it is Gopi who has misunderstood everything.  All this time all he has done is told her to back off I don't love you!  You are not my equal.  Every dialogue he said was true.

He has done NOTHING that should have inspired her to decorate his bedroom in rose petals and candles?????  What was Gopi thinking???? What did she think he was going to do after she set up his bedroom for a suhaag raat (wedding night) ???  If I was Aham I would have yelled at her.  She has done nothing to inspire love in anyone.  All she has been so far is a very good servant of the house, a doormat!  Again and again he has told her to stay away from him but she doesn't get it.

Koki had the right idea...play hard to get.  Stay away from Aham.  But Gopi has done everything to throw herself at him:
- she has fasted for him.
- she is running around wearing his favourite colour.
- she is getting him steam.
- getting him water when he coughs
- picking up his towel
- washed his laptop.

I don't know about you guys but I don't see anything that means falling in love.  Again I repeated I would have yelled at her too.

Sorry but I am with Aham here!  

*quickly ducks as projectiles are thrown at her*
Edited by lovtv - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

upasana.diya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
no projectiles from me... i said as much in one of my other posts....
and i totally agree with your analysis...

if i could advise Gopi... i would ask her to get a life.... she has opportunity now... in her free time, she can ask Hetal to teach her instead of moping all over the place... she doesn't need to get her toes in everyone's business... if she doesn't meddle... her simple answer could be.. i am unaware of it... and i am not interested in thrusting my unwanted nose in others affairs... but no... she has to become Mother Teresa
Edited by upasana.diya - 13 years ago
ShellJA thumbnail
Thank Diya!  I was really afraid I was going to have to take a shower after that post from all things thrown at me.  

If you watch the last scene where she is cleaning up the room and being really hard on herself you know that the CVs are setting up for one day Aham making up for everything he said today and making her feel bad.  

The story is pretty weak but at least they, the CVs, stayed true to what they have given us so far. 
upasana.diya thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovtv

Thank Diya!  I was really afraid I was going to have to take a shower after that post from all things thrown at me.  

If you watch the last scene where she is cleaning up the room and being really hard on herself you know that the CVs are setting up for one day Aham making up for everything he said today and making her feel bad.  

The story is pretty weak but at least they, the CVs, stayed true to what they have given us so far. 

i don't know about one day Shelly... if i were in Gopi's place
1st - i won't make any gesture towards Ahem and let him stew in his own vile juices of self-importance
2nd - even if i do something because of his mother and he accuses me... i'll say go talk to your mother and stop bothering me.. i am not ur wife....

i am more angry at Gopi than Ahem out here... Ahem is out and out jerk and Gopi is simply Gawar... not as in illiteracy or intelligence... but because she can't use her intelligence, even if the sky falls...
ShellJA thumbnail
The one day is very far off.  

I blame the CVs for making Gopi so stupid.  They have forgotten that she was supposed to be smart and don't allow her to use her brain.

The show is still stupid.  I just meant by this post that Aham reacted appropriately.  
upasana.diya thumbnail

The one day is very far off.  

I blame the CVs for making Gopi so stupid.  They have forgotten that she was supposed to be smart and don't allow her to use her brain.

The show is still stupid.  I just meant by this post that Aham reacted appropriately.  

@Bold - totally agree with this...
he hasn't accepted Gopi, not by word nor any gesture... so what gives Gopi the right to interfere in his life... she was the one who took back her vows, though it was Koki who asked her to do it...
and why should we blame Koki... does Gopi always follow Koki... doesn't she use her brains the other times... and if she is following Koki's orders... shouldn't she follow them to the letter...
Gopi is so contradictory...

the only thing we like about her is her innocence... such innocence does not exist anymore... so if CVs are having some outlandish ideas... in the same way a big-hearted Samaritan could exist... can't he...

sorry Shelly... i am disgusted to call Gopi one of us right now and am going all guns blazing out here
ShellJA thumbnail
Don't worry Diya,  I am with you there.  They have ruined what we loved about Gopi by making her not just uneducated but stupid.
upasana.diya thumbnail

Don't worry Diya,  I am with you there.  They have ruined what we loved about Gopi by making her not just uneducated but stupid.

hey on a lighter note.. do you know full form of STUPID.... you won't use it for Gopi if you know it๐Ÿ˜‰

Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand... STUPID๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Do you two mind if I butt in on your little chat? ๐Ÿ˜†

Shelly, I too agree with everything you've said.  I've thought the same thing for a long time, but don't have the words like you do.  

My problem really lies with the CVs.  They've written a nonsensical story.  They have hyped it as one thing and shown us another.  Aham has always been the same, it's just that the CVs want us, and lead us, to believe, by their use of precaps and promos, that things are getting better between the two.  We're all such suckers for romance that we lap it up like thirsty dogs.

Gopi is quite possibly the most pathetic, ignorant, idiotic character I've ever come across.  She's easily swayed and downright dumb most of the time.    While I agree that education does not equal intelligence, most of the time this girl is just plain clueless.  Has she lived in a vacuum most of her life?

I can't quite figure out why Gopi would like Aham either?  (besides his physical attributes - and don't think I didn't catch your 'older married woman appreciating a younger man' comment)   What does either one of them have that would recommend them to the other?  Aham fills out a suit quite nicely and Gopi can cook!?  Ooh... Make haste!  They must be married right away!  

With all that, I still hated Aham today.  He could have recognized her vulnerability and stupidity and handled it with a bit more finesse.  Poor girl, she just wants a bit of love.  But once again, he reverted back to his yelling.  No surprise.

I think we all need to prepare ourselves because this couple is never going to get together.  Jigar and Rashi will end up happy and Gopi and Aham will be miserable.  Remember, the synopsis says nothing about the girls being happily married - just about their anticipation.  Gopi is in for a lifetime of grief.

I'm hoping that she leaves at the wedding/or gets thrown out and then we have a leap. If not, i don't know how much more I can take.  I just may bail on the whole thing.  (except for gup shupping)
soapbubble thumbnail
Agreed.
Gopi's nice and all and she loves Aham but you have the draw the line between loving and borderline stalking. In her own passive aggressive way, she is inconsiderate of HIS feelings.

You can't MAKE a guy love you - you can only love him. If you can't help loving him, you have to at least understand the way he feels and allow him his space. And if you can save your pride while you do that, even better!

I don't know where she got the idea she could light a zillion candles in his room and expect him to melt in a puddle of love and lust. Very unsubtle.
Bubble