Ashmit is like an elder brother: Sara

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
She never knew she would come out as a married woman when she entered reality show " Bigg Boss 4". But however hard TV actress Sara Khan is trying to be happy about it, the controversy over her televised wedding to Ali Merchant has left her disturbed.

"I am still getting over the fact that I am a married girl now. It does make me feel nice and happy, but as I am getting to know about the controversy over my wedding, I wonder what happened and why. It is very upsetting," Sara told over phone from Mumbai.

Sara and Ali, who were dating each other for three years before tying the knot on the TV show, got embroiled into a mess when the bride's parents claimed that the couple had married two years back.

Now Sara, best known for her portrayal of Sadhna in " Sapna Baabul Ka...Bidaai", wants to go to the root of the issue and says she can't comment on anything before that.

"I have just reached Mumbai after being in Lonavala at the 'Bigg Boss' house for two months. I need time to settle back. Only once I meet my parents and watch all the footage, can I comment about whatever happened," she says.

The 21-year-old, who plans to get her parents' nod before officially shifting to her husband's house, clarifies that her wedding was not a gimmick to garner Television Rating Points (TRPs).

"'Bigg Boss' is a huge show. The TRPs are already very high and it does not need such gimmicks to boost the ratings. It's just crap if people feel my marriage was for ratings. I have been there, and I can assure that nothing is scripted on the show."

"Getting water is also a surprise on the show, leave alone getting married. These are just rumours being spread by people who are jealous of me," she says.

Sara was seen coochie-cooing with actor Ashmit Patel in "Bigg Boss 4", before Ali stepped in. She says she is quite upset that her closeness with Ashmit was misconstrued.

"Ashmit is like an elder brother to me and he used to treat me like his sister. I was the youngest contestant on the show...so he really loved me and pampered me. I don't think just because two people are close, they are dating each other," Sara said.

"But I feel it was very kind of 'Bigg Boss' to bring in Ali on the show. In three years, my name was never connected with anyone except Ali, and I am glad I have been able to come out with a clean image," she adds.

Apart from settling into her married life, Sara now also plans to take up some new shows out of the "few offers" that she has in hand.

Read more: Ashmit is like an elder brother: Sara - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ashmit-is-like-an-elder-brother-Sara/articleshow/7086893.cms#ixzz17y1VfK00