Posted: 13 years ago
The poem below is short I know like all my other poems but very dear to me...Also this is the very first time I'm experimenting with a happy poem moving away from melancholy finally ! Again this one has the setting as night, can't help it I love night and darkness more than the day as it helps me reflect back and it the only time I can hope for some solitude ! Hope you guys enjoy reading ! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Summer Is Not Far Away !

The evening breeze sways,
Snapping her out of her reverie,
Reflecting back her day,
A smile retraces her way.

The countless stars in the sky,
Remind her of the hours that have gone by,
Reminiscing the past and shunning the grief,
She turns on a new leaf.

Eyeing the bright moon,
She foregoes her wistful thinking,
Seeking pardon for her sins,
She prays for a new beginning.

Taking the essence of night,
She slips into her dreamy flight,
Slowly dusk turns into dawn,
And she gleams like a newborn.

-Fatima

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do give in your valuable comments :)

Edited by -shabnoor- - 13 years ago
Taking the essence of night,
She slips into her dreamy flight,

Do I know her the one who is taking the essence of the DAY and night to slip into her dreamy flight.

It was indeed a happy and a pleasant one. What does the day hold for her? Do tell.
A very nice way of structuring words and I loved the rhyme. Simple choice of words that clearly conveyed what you wanted to say. An elegant string of pearls...

Glad I got to your PM and read it at first go. Thanks. 
Beautiful Fatima.. Writing poetry in my opinion is a different feat entirely.. Its easy to ramble in a way.. Actually writing something like this is something else.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ for this one.. Loved the optimism.. Could extract something from it myself.. ๐Ÿ˜†

Once again really good job.. nice subject.. Moving on..

And I'm generally quite bad at commenting for some reason.. so dont hate me for being so brief..

Maham
im speechless fatima di dis is sooo awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
thx for da PM.. keep writing๐Ÿค—
Lovely Fatema! its a very beautiful one, and am glad you took a change and wrote this one on a happy note.

Its very...i dunno m short for words right now! 
Keep Writing dear, you are Amazing๐Ÿค—

-ZJ
beautiful poem fatime
really nice
keep it up dear

Noor -beautiful ๐Ÿ˜Š and this one proves that you should really try your hands more in happy ones as well ๐Ÿ˜‰
Fatima, heyy! ๐Ÿค—

Oh, how ironic! The poem perfectly matches my mood today though, the summer is indeed very far away. Its freezing in here. =D

Perfect, perfect! Extremely beautiful, or umm - subtle I should say. Its short in comparison to what I write - mine never get to the point, yours speak volumes! I am one ardent fan of yours, always ready to learn! =]

-Kankshita
beautiful poem fatima :)
keep up the hard work i know its really hard to wright a poem but still u did wow great poem!!!!!!! :)
loved it...
finally a happy haapy one
me so so happy