Fan Fictions

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam -Part 33 ADDED-page 151

sejal1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Part 1

Hoshiarpur is a small town located in Punjab. There are only two richest families in Hoshiapur ' Handa and Khuranas. Handa family has two sons and one daughter. The eldest son of Mohan Handa is Brij, the youngest one is Arjun and daughter name is Geet. Sons are the pride of Handa family. Khurana family has two sons, the eldest son is Maan and youngest son is Dev. Both sons are very handsome and very smart.

Handa family is known for their textile business and Khurana family is known for their construction business. Handa family has gained a lot of respect in the town because of their kindness towards other people. They get along with everyone in the town. They have always helped poor people.  People come to Mohan Handa with their problems and he is always kind enough to help them. Khurana family is very reputed but they don't really care about poor people. They want to maintain their status hence they always roam around with the same class people only. They always look at poor people with disgust.

Today Brij is waiting eagerly for Maan, his childhood best friend. They studied together till the Bachelors. After that Maan has left to USA for MBA, and today, after two years, Maan is coming back to Hoshiarpur. Brij and Maan get along very well since childhood. Brij has always issues with his father Mohan. They never get along with each other but they have same opinion when it comes to Geet. Both have always disrespected Geet and hated Geet from the beginning.  Brij is totally hot headed person and so as Maan. In their childhood, both used to break the windows of other people's houses but they never care to say sorry. In fact, sometimes they used to do this by purpose just to annoy somebody. They both were always rude to everyone. They have never respected any girl in their life. Both have always made fun of other girls and insulted girls.

Brij is always cold and angry towards her sister as her sister brought the bad luck in the family. Before getting into textile, Mohan used to do farming but the year, in which Geet was born, his entire farm got destroyed by fire. Hence Brij has always blamed Geet for this and since her birth; he believed that she brought bad luck to the family. In fact, when he looked at her sister for the first time, he wanted to kill her. Her mother has saved her otherwise Geet wouldn't be in this world today.  Handa family is really conservative where woman has no right to ask anything. They are supposed to follow the orders from the MEN of the family. Geet is always lived under the shelter of her brother and father. Her brothers always dropped her and picked her up from school. She was never allowed to go anywhere without permission. She always has to wear Punjabi suite. She has to do help her mother in cooking and cleaning. Her life is always surrounded under the walls of house. She was never allowed to attend any festival or ceremony. She wasn't even allowed to eat before her brothers. Once, she was really hungry and she ate before Brij. At that day, Brij has slapped on her face and her face turned totally red. After that incident, she couldn't eat for a week. She has never gathered courage to ask anything to her brother for anything. Geet's Mom, Kavita is the only one who can understand Geet's feelings and pain but she can't do anything as nobody listens to Kavita. Geet has recently finished her school and she wants to do further study but Brij has clearly said NO. Brij wants her to get married now.

In the construction business, Khuranas has built their reputation very high. Everybody knows Savitri devi and her sons. She has carried her business very well and now Maan will take over her business. They have their construction business all over India. Each big building of Hoshiarpur and Delhi is built by Khuranas. Khuranas has big office in Delhi which is going to be taken over by Maan now. Dev is the spoiled brat of Khuranas. Maan is very silent and Dev is very mischievous and naughty. Maan always hated girls since his childhood and Dev is completely Casanova. Maan, during his stay in USA, he fell in love with Sameera, but she cheated on him so his hate for girls has increased more. He always disrespects girls and he doesn't want to get married ever. Whenever he talks with girls, it has always resulted in altercation and disputes.

One day, Geet has gathered a lot of courage to ask her father about her further education even though Brij has clearly said NO. At that day, Brij got angrier and he told her father to find a guy for her as soon as possible otherwise he will kill her. This is the first time she has asked something going beyond her brother.   Brij got so angry that he left the house in anger with his flatterers and he didn't come back for two days. When Brij came back, he asked everybody to come to living room of the house. Mohan with a very serious sound told to everyone that finally the time has come to reveal the secret between two families ' Handa and Khurana.

Part 2

The entire family is gathered under one roof. Everybody is very quiet and very serious. Geet was also called for this family gathering. Geet was never allowed to attend any family meeting but this was her first time to attend this meeting. She was really scared. She didn't know what to expect. She was sitting at the corner of the room where nobody could notice her. She was shivering. Her face turned pale. Brij was staring her with his red angry eyes. She was so scared that she couldn't move from her place.

Brij was looking very furiously at Geet. His face was all red like he was drunk. He stood up in front of everybody and he said that I have talked to Dinanathji and he is ready to accept Geet as his daughter in law. We should start wedding preparations as soon as possible so that Geet will be away from our house. I can't tolerate her for one more second here.

Brij was looking at Geet and told her that never come back to this house once you get married.

Everybody was listening to Brij quietly. Nobody dared to say anything except Mohanji, Brij's father. At last, Mohanji stood up and he yelled at Brij to sit down.  

Mohanji: I have to share one family secret with everyone today. A long ago, at the time of Geet's birth, my father, Mr Shankar used to share a very good friendship with Khuranas. At that time, Savitri devi has made a promise to Mr Shankar that one day, her eldest son Maan would get married to Geet. I still respect my father's promise therefore tomorrow I will go to Savitri Devi's house and ask for Maan's hand for Geet.

Everybody was looking at Mohanji with shock. Nobody could grasp this except two people in the room.

Mohan continued: And if everything works out well, then ''''''..Mohan was continuing his conversation but Brij interrupted him. Brij turned redder; his eyes were filled with anger.

Brij to Mohanji: Pitaji, it is not possible. Maan is my childhood friend and buddy. I know for sure that he doesn't like Geet.  In fact, he hates Geet as much as I do. I can't ruin Maan's life for Geet. He is very talented and educated; he can get any girl he wants. I have already promised to Dinanathji and he has happily agreed for Geet's hand for his son, Rahul. Why do you have problem with that?

Brij continued: Main kal hi Geet ki shaadi Rahul se karvata hu. (I will make sure that tomorrow Geet will get married to Rahul).

Mohanji couldn't listen to this anymore. No matter how much he hates Geet, but he can't disrespect his father's promise. Nobody was paying attention to Geet and nobody has asked for her opinion. She has listened to this conversation carefully. Geet didn't get surprise as once her mom told her about Savitri Devi's promise and she knew that someday this will happen. In fact, nobody knows that Geet secretly likes Maan even though she knows that Maan hates her and she can never get a place as a wife in his life.

Flashback to past:

Maan, Geet and Brij used to study in the same school. One day, for some reason, Brij couldn't take her to the school hence Brij had asked Maan to take her to school with him. Unwillingly Maan was taking Geet to the school and on the way, Geet was thirsty and she went to nearest river to get some water. While having water, she fell in the river and Maan saved her. After that incident, Geet fell in love with Maan but she never expressed her feelings to anyone.

Geet is so used with hate that she didn't care whether Maan accepts her or not. She is ok if she has to live with a man who doesn't or who couldn't love her as she has never expected love in return from anyone.  

Coming back to present:

She is totally scared with the thought of leaving her house as she never knew the life outside of the house and she has assumed that life would be much harder and people would be much worse outside the house. She got so used with all the pain in her life that she has accepted that pain is the part of her life and that is how Babaji (God) has planned her life hence she has stopped complaining about her life a long ago.

Brij was still not ready to change his mind. For him his words are like patther pe khichi lakir hence he can't break his promise to Dinanthji. Not that he ever care about Dinanath but he does care for Maan. He tried to convince his father, Mohanji but he didn't listen to him at all.

Brij pretended that he has accepted his father's decision in front of everyone in the house but his mind was thinking something else. At night he met his fawning friends in the backyard of the house when everybody went to sleep and they made a plan to take Geet away on Sunday and get her married to Rahul. They will convince Dinanathji and Rahul for taking part in this plan. They didn't realize that somebody was listening to their plan.

Guess who was listening to their plan?

Part 3

Brij was discussing his plan with his fawning friends. He didn't realize that Geet was awake. She was silently listening to their plan through window. Her room lights were off. She couldn't fall sleep that night. They were discussing about her life but nobody cared to ask her opinion once. Many times, she thought to commit suicide but she couldn't gather the courage to do that. She never wanted to ruin their parents' reputation in the society. She knew that whatever her parents' decide would be in the best interest of her.

The very next day, Mohanji woke up early, got ready to visit temple. He always goes to temple in the morning. After visiting temple, he went to Savitri Devi's house to meet her and to talk about Geet and Maan.

Savitri Devi has welcomed Mohanji and she ordered servants to serve tea to Mohanji.

Mohanji denied tea softly and with a very serious sound, he asked Savitri Devi that today I came here to talk with you about very important matter.

Do you remember the promise which you have given to my father, Mr Shankar? Mohanji asked.

Savitri Devi started thinking about the promise he was talking about.

Mohanji continued: You promised that Maan and Geet would get married one day. Finally the day came. Your son Maan came back to Hoshiarpur yesterday. Geet just turned 18. Now is the time to fulfill this promise.

Savitri Devi was still listening to him without any expression. She wasn't sure how to react to this situation as this was decided a long ago. She believes in ethics and morals and she values promises hence she can't just deny it.

Finally she spoke.

Savitri devi to Mohanji:

"Yes, I do remember the promise I have given to Mr Shankar. I need some time though. I need to talk to Maan about it. It has been a while and he could have forgotten about it or he didn't know at first place".

Mohanji felt happy to know that Savitri Devi didn't forget her promise.

"Savitri Devi, you can take your time but please don't say no. Please respect the promise. (Aap jitna chahe utna time lelo per na mat kehna)" Mohanji says.

Mohanji left Savitri Devi house. When he reached to his house, Brij was eagerly waiting for him to hear about Savitri Devi's answer. Mohanji told him about whatever happened at Savitri Devi's house.

Brij felt relaxed as nothing was decided yet hence he still has a chance to make his plan successful. Geet also heard whatever Mohanji told to Brij.

She knew what Brij was thinking. She couldn't gather courage to say anything to Mohanji. Geet knew that she did't want to get married to Rahul even if Maan wouldn't get married to her. She knew one dark secret of Rahul. Rahul tried to rape Geet's best friend, Anandi but Geet reached at the right time to save Anandi from Rahul. Geet hit Rahul with one big wood on his head from his backside and then Geet and Anandi ran away. Geet didn't tell anybody because Anandi asked her not to tell anyone. Rahul didn't mention either to anyone as he couldn't gather courage.

Geet was in dilemma about her future. She wanted to convey Brij veerji's intentions to everyone in the family. She didn't know how to inform everyone. If she speaks anything, Brij will kill her. She was hoping that Savitri Devi will reply before Sunday.

Savitri Devi was worried. She didn't know how to talk to Maan about it. She knew that Maan never disrespected her but she didn't want to force him to get married to Geet. She wants Maan to accept Geet happily. She doubts that Maan will ever accept Geet happily.

Savitir Devi was talking to herself: What should I do with my two sons, one is Dev who never listens to me and one is Maan who never speaks anything. Dev never stays at home; he is always busy with his parties, gambling and girls. Maan was also not happy with Dev because of his behavior towards his life. Dev was wasting his life.

Maan came home yesterday after two years. She didn't want to bring up the issue which could result in Maan's unhappiness. She decided to make Maan's favorite dishes ' chocolate mousse, pasta, etc and once his mood gets change, she will talk about Geet.

Maan and Savitri Devi were sitting on the table. Maan finished his dinner. He was having dessert. They talked about normal stuff over the dinner. As now Maan's mood seemed alright, she decided to talk about Geet.

How will Maan react? Wait for the next part'''''..

Coming soon''''''''''''''''''''''..

Part 4

Savitri Devi to Maan: My dear son Maan, I have been thinking about one matter.

"Yes, Mom, continue" Maan says.

"I was thinking about your marriage. Now you should get married and start with a new life" Savitri Devi says.

"Mom, please, no talk about marriage. You know that I am not ready yet." Maan says.

"You have been avoiding this question for so long. Please listen to me once. I have given promise to Mohanji's father Shankar that one day Maan and Geet will get married" Savitir Devi says.

"What are you talking about? When did this happen?  I never remember something like this. And Geet, no way, I don't like her. I can't even think in my dream to marry her. She is not at all my type." Maan says.

"Maan, I promised to Shankarji at the time of Geet's birth. She is a nice girl. Why do you not like her? What is your problem with her?" Savitir Devi says.

"I don't need a problem to not like her. I just can't stand her. And anyway, I am not ready to get married with anyone right now. I don't want any further arguments on this. Probably Dev could get married to her. He doesn't do anything. He is just wasting his time. So at least he could fulfill your promise" Maan says.

"But, Maan''''''.."Savitri Devi says but he left.

Savitri Devi was deeply thinking. It may not be a bad idea if Dev will get married to Geet. Geet is the kind of a girl who could change Dev's bad habits. She can help Dev to bring him on the right track. How can I ask about this to Mohanji. How would they react?

She has decided to talk to Dev today. She called Dev and asked him to come home soon.

"Dev, I have never forced anything on you. You are living your life the way you want. You have been spending my earned money carelessly still I didn't say anything. Now, you have to listen to me, look at you, you are just wasting your life, and look at Maan, he has completed his study and now ready to handle my business. You don't even want to try. You should have joined office. I want you to get married with Geet, Mohanji's daughter. She is very beautiful girl. She will bring luck to the Khuranas". Savitir Devi says.

Dev was drunk.

"I don't care; I can get married to Geet or Sangeet, whoever but I won't join office." Dev says.

Savitri Devi kept high hopes from Geet that she will take care of Dev and one day, Dev will join office.

She has decided that she will visit Mohanji's house tomorrow morning.

She couldn't sleep very well last night. She didn't want to ruin Geet's life. She knew that Dev would not be a good husband for Geet but she was selfish or she was really positive that Geet is the only one who can change Dev.

She left for Mohanji's house.

Everybody got surprised to see Savitri Devi early in the morning. They served her breakfast.

She couldn't eat anything. She was hesitant.

"Mohanji, I will keep my promise but I need a favor from you. Maan is not ready to get married to anyone but Dev is ready to get married. I know that Geet will be the sunshine in my Dev's life. Please don't say no. I would like to see Geet as my daughter in law, Khuranas Bahu". Savitri says.

Mohanji thought for few minutes. After all, Khuranas is a reputed family.

"Savitir Devi, I am ok with this. Please have some sweets and let's decide the wedding date." Mohanji says.

They offered sweets to each other.

Brij was still perplexed. He was happy with the fact that Maan's life is saved though he can't forget his promise to Dinanathji.

Geet has touched Savitri Devi's feet and Savitri Devi gave her bangles. Geet wasn't really happy with this, but she didn't have a choice. She thought at least she won't get married with Rahul.

Everybody was happy in the house except Geet and Brij.

Geet: Why babaji? What did I do? Tell me, what is my mistake? One person tells Dev, one person tells Maan and one person tells Rahul. Is this how my life supposed to be or meant to be? Everybody tries to write my destiny on their own way.

I never complained to you so far in my life because I believe that someday my fate might change and I'll get a chance to live a life on my own way. First I have heard my father's orders, then brothers' orders and now husband. Dev is not even capable of being my husband. If you can't change my fate, then give me enough tolerance power. I know that I should value the life which you have given to me but I am sorry I can't do this anymore. Please provide me enough courage to write my own destiny or change my destiny.

Next day, Savitri Devi called to Mohanji to inform that wedding date has been fixed. It is after fifteen days.

Everybody has started wedding preparation.

On Saturday, when Brij was discussing the final plan with Rahul, suddenly Anandi appeared from nowhere. Brij realized that she had heard everything.

She was angrily looking at Rahul. Before Brij can speak something, she started talking to him.

"Brij veer ji, I would never come here if it is not the question of my best friend's life. Please   save Geet's life. Rahul is not the right husband for Geet, in fact, Rahul is not the right husband for anyone. Once he had tried to rape me but Geet has saved me." Anandi says.

By hearing this, Brij got really angry at Rahul. Anandi slapped Rahul and then she left. Brij also hit him.

Anandi told everything to Geet. Geet couldn't be more thankful to her.

Now Brij is also fine with Geet's marriage with Dev.

Everybody is busy with wedding preparation as tomorrow is the wedding day.

Part 5

On the wedding day, Geet is finally ready with all the bridal make up and jewelry.

Her mom was looking at her with tears in her eyes.

"My dear Geet, I know that you didn't really get any happiness in this house and I always blame myself for that. I am really sorry I couldn't do much for you but I wish that this time Babaji will bring happiness in your life. New life will open the doors of happiness for you. Babaji will give you a chance to live your life your way" Geet's mom says.

"Mom, please don't blame yourself, you are the only who cares for me in this house. I will miss you.  You have no idea how much I adore you. I have faith in Babaji that it won't give me injustice this time. My intuition is telling me that he will be on my side this time." Geet says.

"Geet, I just hope that this time your intuition is right and you will get from your life whatever you deserve." Geet's Mom says.

Geet was looking gorgeous. Her pink saree, her watery eyes with black kajal, her golden bangles with golden earrings look amazing.

Her dad came to visit her. For the first time while looking at her Dad, she wasn't scared.

Even though she is afraid of new house and new people but she is happy that she is finally going out of her own house. She is finally going out of prison.

"Geet, you have to maintain the reputation of Handa family. Don't bring any shame to the family. Perform your all duties very well as a wife and daughter in law of the Khuranas. You really look Khuranas Bahu today." Mohanji says.

Everybody arrived for the wedding including Dev and Maan. Maan sat with Brij and they were enjoying their conversation. Dev finally looked at Geet with a smile on his face. Panditji arrived and soon wedding ceremony is going to take place.

Geet's heartbeats were very fast. She didn't know what to expect. She looked at Dev from the corner of her eye. For a moment, she couldn't even breathe. She lost her voice, she couldn't speak anything. Her hands were numb. She was not ready to get married and especially not with Dev.

"Babaji, what should I do now? I can't get married to Dev. I have accepted everything so far, but for the first time, I need courage, I can't let this happen, if I accept this right now, then my whole life will be at stake. The dream of my own happy life will never be fulfilled. I have always thought about my family reputation, but my family has never thought about me, please do some magic Babaji". Geet says.

Part 6

Geet was surrounded by Girls. Her best friend, Anandi was also there with her.

"Geet, please don't get married to Dev, he doesn't respect girls, if you will marry him, your life will be the same. Geet, I realized the importance of doing something good, today I saved you from Rahul, but I should have given him punishment which I didn't. Now it is too late for that. I won't be able to prove anything. I know you will support me but he can prove us wrong. Today I am regretting that I didn't complaint to police and I stopped you also. And as a good friend, you listen to me and you didn't tell anything to anyone. I don't want you to regret for your decision. One wrong decision can make your entire life worse. It is not easy to do but I suggest you to run away from Hoshiarpur." Anandi says.

Geet was in shock. Her mouth fell open. She couldn't grasp what Anandi was suggesting. She was shivering. She couldn't gather courage to speak anything.

"Calm down, Geet, take a deep breathe and think about it, who knows, if Babaji also wants what I have just said, if you marry to Dev, it is the end of your life, you will be nothing more than a dog in his life, he will treat you like a shit and you have to follow his orders, and you also know that he has so many affairs, not only that, he has spent many nights with prostitutes. Geet, you don't have much time to make a decision, I can arrange something for you, but you have to make a quick decision. I have already thought about this plan if you are in. In fact, I have bought a ticket for you to go to Delhi. I have a friend in Delhi where you can stay and then you can find a job." Anandi says.

For the first time, Geet felt that Babaji sent Anandi to show her the right direction. She should run away. Suddenly she felt the new energy within herself. Something within her was compelling to make this decision. She was never strong before but today she knows that nobody can stop her.

"Babaji, so far the string (dor) of my life was never in my hand, but today I want to take that in my hand, whether I will succeed or not, but I won't blame anyone for my decision. If you are with me, then I am sure I will succeed. I don't have a choice, I have to succeed."Geet says.

"Anandi, I have made up my mind, I want to run, give me the ticket, and let me take my saved money. Tell me the plan in detail."Geet says.

"Geet, my brother Dhruv is waiting for you outside, you have to leave from backside of the house, and you should wear a simple Punjabi suite and cover your face with dupatta. Pack your stuff in a small bag which I will give to my brother. He has a ticket. My friend in Delhi will come to pick you up from station. Don't try to contact me as nobody should know that I was involved in this plan. I will contact you when it is safe to contact you."Anandi says.

Geet was ready with her bag, all guests were already arrived. Anandi gave a bag to her brother secretly. There were so many people around so it was hard to spot anyone specially.

"Geet take care of yourself, Babaji will help you."Anandi says.

Anandi went back to the place where all girls were sitting.

Geet was standing by the window of her room. Her heartbeat thrummed against her ribcage, her mouth tasted like iron and her breaths hitched in her throat. She put a photo of her family in her bag.

She took a pen and paper and she quickly wrote a letter to her mom.

"Mom, today first time I am standing for myself. I know this is just the beginning of my struggle by myself, but I am ready to brace my new struggle, I can't tell you where I am going, I am sorry that I am leaving you like this, sorry for the shame this will bring to our family, but I promise you that one day you will be proud of me." Geet wrote to her mom.

Geet left silently. Nobody noticed as the entire house was crowded.

Geet met Dhruv who helped her to reach to the station.

After an hour, when Geet was called for by Panditji, everybody found out that she was not in her room or not with her friends.

Brij slammed the door behind him, grabbed his turban off his head and threw it, and stomped on his feet.

The question in everybody's mind is what to do now.

How to confront Khurana family? This will create the permanent war between Handa and Khuranas.

Brij was thinking in his mind that I should have forced Geet to get married to Rahul. She deserves rascal Rahul only.

Savitri Devi noticed that something was wrong. Entire Handa family looked worried.

Geet's mom found the later written by Geet. She was crying.

"Babaji, please take care of my daughter. I am happy for her; please give her courage to fight for herself as she doesn't know the outer world. As now she has chosen to fight for herself, you will be the strength of her. For many generations, women have been tolerating injustice and violence but my daughter will write her own destiny." Geet's mom says.

Mohanji with a very heavy heart decided that whatever the consequences are, I have to tell this to Savitri Devi. They have invited Savitri Devi, Dev and Maan into the separate room to talk.

My Independent OS: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1591644

Edited by Asha2010 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taanni thumbnail

seems intersting.

do continue & pm me the next part

mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awsome update yaar...i guess its maan whos listening ..pls do continue soon..
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
nice, lovely part.
 interesting also.
 update soon.
JanuaryEmbers thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome part cont soon please and add me to your pm list 👏👏👏👏
divareena thumbnail
PM me please for your next update.
..Gurti-Kash.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing Update
Cont Soon
shreya satish thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice one....
Interesting
Pls add me in ur pm list
vrsharma thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i think Geet/Geet father is listening to their conversation
maansee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

pm meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooooo  sanam  kyoki HUM DIL DE CHUKE SANAM TO MAANEET LOVED THEM