Actresses & their choice of husband - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

i think a lot of actresses got involved with married men to further their career... madhuri, sridevi (mithun almost divorced his wife for her), rani (govinda, aditya), priyanka (akki), etc... yes, the social meetings are there, but c'mon... do they have no ethics...??   why give in to the temptations...?  but i guess such is the glamour world...!  🀒

And some more of them who were involved with married men...

Kangana with Aditya Pancholi
Sameera Reddy with Sanjay Gupta
Shilpa Shetty with Anurag Basu
Dimple with Sunny Deol
Preity Zinta with Shekar Kapoor
Tabu with Nagarjuna
Tabu with Sanjay Kapoor

Originally posted by maddy1973

And some more of them who were involved with married men...

Kangana with Aditya Pancholi
Sameera Reddy with Sanjay Gupta
Shilpa Shetty with Anurag Basu
Dimple with Sunny Deol
Preity Zinta with Shekar Kapoor
Tabu with Nagarjuna
Tabu with Sanjay Kapoor

Oh my goodness!! I'm the type of person who goes AVOID when there's a married man on the prowl so to hear so many from Bollywood who take pride in their "Indian values" do this is such a surpise😲
Originally posted by koolchick

Oh my goodness!! I'm the type of person who goes AVOID when there's a married man on the prowl so to hear so many from Bollywood who take pride in their "Indian values" do this is such a surpise😲

obviously, hypocrisy seems to be an ingrained quality with most celebs.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

last place i'll look for 'indian values' is our bolly celebs... their values are limited to talks only... actions speak otherwise....!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜› 

obviously, hypocrisy seems to be an ingrained quality with most celebs.... πŸ˜›

last place i'll look for 'indian values' is our bolly celebs... their values are limited to talks only... actions speak otherwise....!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜› 

haha so true!

disclaimer:  if you are offended by my post, just ignore it... no throwing brickbats at me... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

i think most of the actresses who chose to get involved with married men don't have any moral ethics or values... as far as men are concerned, most men are jerks... they love the attention and i guess the flattery gets to them... in any case, most men are not exactly that big on morals and ethics... πŸ˜› 

i think a lot of actresses got involved with married men to further their career... madhuri, sridevi (mithun almost divorced his wife for her), rani (govinda, aditya), priyanka (akki), etc... yes, the social meetings are there, but c'mon... do they have no ethics...??   why give in to the temptations...?  but i guess such is the glamour world...!  🀒

and i doubt it's the experience that counts... it's all about the money... to sustain their living style, they need someone who can pay their bills and maintain a high social standing... in karishma's case, her mom wanted someone who can also pay her bills... she kept her daughter away from her husband, for her own crooked reasons... and karishma, like a dumbo, did her mother's bidding... so really, as much as i can detest sanjay, karishma really made no effort to sustain her marriage...

marriage has become more of a business deal nowadays... specially in bollywood...

ash, kajol and madhuri definitely married wisely...!

It's not really a classy thing to do - going after men who are married but it's harder to resist temptation than you might think. I also don't think it fair to simply lay the blame at a lack of ethics/morality or the corruption in the glamour world. Why not look at the cause instead of the effect? There's a huge pressure on men (at least in football ~ due to sponsors - I would imagine the same is applicable here) to fall under the "family man" image but even the settled "married with kids" life isn't enough to keep a guy faithful as the ever-growing list of cheating male celebrities shows. For some, the pressure to marry goes against what young guys/girls want to do. Face it, how many times do we hear about young male celebs or female celebs living it up while out clubbing? The media makes a better meal of them cheating on their partners (preferably if there are children involved). The cheating scandal sells a lot better - which indicates a greater pressure on taking what is being offered on a silver plate because that's what everyone expects (and afterwards, criticizes them for it) them to do.

The women are another issue altogether. Again, going to draw reference from the football world, it has become culturally acceptable for young girls to go after players to gain a certain type of lifestyle. While this probably isn't accepted in Bollywood, some actresses (as you pointed out) do go after married men/men with status to gain a particular lifestyle. The lifestyle has been touted via media to be something  people should aspire to achieve so why wouldn't some actresses take steps to gain it? Look at it objectively -- a slight sacrifie in dignity compared to the oppurtunities and money that would be available to her if she happens to catch the right eye. It is an easy way to the top.

P.S. I am not justifiying/trying to justify women/young girls chasing after men with money or people cheating on their partners but more stating it's not just an issue of morals or corruptions of money and fame.
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

It's not really a classy thing to do - going after men who are married but it's harder to resist temptation than you might think. I also don't think it fair to simply lay the blame at a lack of ethics/morality or the corruption in the glamour world. Why not look at the cause instead of the effect? There's a huge pressure on men (at least in football ~ due to sponsors - I would imagine the same is applicable here) to fall under the "family man" image but even the settled "married with kids" life isn't enough to keep a guy faithful as the ever-growing list of cheating male celebrities shows. For some, the pressure to marry goes against what young guys/girls want to do. Face it, how many times do we hear about young male celebs or female celebs living it up while out clubbing? The media makes a better meal of them cheating on their partners (preferably if there are children involved). The cheating scandal sells a lot better - which indicates a greater pressure on taking what is being offered on a silver plate because that's what everyone expects (and afterwards, criticizes them for it) them to do.

The women are another issue altogether. Again, going to draw reference from the football world, it has become culturally acceptable for young girls to go after players to gain a certain type of lifestyle. While this probably isn't accepted in Bollywood, some actresses (as you pointed out) do go after married men/men with status to gain a particular lifestyle. The lifestyle has been touted via media to be something  people should aspire to achieve so why wouldn't some actresses take steps to gain it? Look at it objectively -- a slight sacrifie in dignity compared to the oppurtunities and money that would be available to her if she happens to catch the right eye. It is an easy way to the top.

P.S. I am not justifiying/trying to justify women/young girls chasing after men with money or people cheating on their partners but more stating it's not just an issue of morals or corruptions of money and fame.

all i know is that nothing is impossible....!   resisting temptations involves sacrificing one's own desires sometimes... i can't see most bollywood celebs accomplishing that, can you...?  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   extra marital affairs are common norm in the west, and nowadays, even within our own culture... the pressure to achieve is a cause, not a justification by any means....!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  and if anything, there's nothing positive that the media says about such scandals... usually, why most of the actors and actresses deny the 'rumours'...!

the way i see it, it is morally wrong... no matter how you slice it....!  πŸ˜›   there is a reason why such things are not common within the average middle class families... money and fame can corrupt your thinking.... there's a reason why fame is associated by the term fickle....!  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago
^No but then again, I don't think 'normal' middle class people are capable of always sacrificing their desires either. I also think it's a lot harder to remove temptation from the equation to render action invalid than to simply say it's not impossible :P

TBH, I don't buy that infidelity is uncommon in middle class families or that middle class families are the implied paragon of morality. Is it reported less in media? Sure. More of a stigma? absolutely. Occurs less? Hard to say because cheating is not an exclusive bastion of one social class alone just like it isn't exclusive to one gender.
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

^No but then again, I don't think 'normal' middle class people are capable of always sacrificing their desires either. I also think it's a lot harder to remove temptation from the equation to render action invalid than to simply say it's not impossible :P

TBH, I don't buy that infidelity is uncommon in middle class families or that middle class families are the implied paragon of morality. Is it reported less in media? Sure. More of a stigma? absolutely. Occurs less? Hard to say because cheating is not an exclusive bastion of one social class alone just like it isn't exclusive to one gender.

i'm sure it happens... but not in every other family that you see....!

none of them really make any effort, do they... and come to think of it, many of the actresses (and even actors) would do 'favours' for their directors/producers, just for their career... what temptation is there other than their own means...?  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

that is lack of morals, isn't it.... some people would go to any lengths to get what they want.... and really, there is a reason why such things are more common among the celebrities, be it in bollywood, or the sports world....!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  

any which way you slice it, morals and ethics definitely go for a toss through the window... be it in any social standing...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago
Problem isn't really with the temptation or hormone part of it, but rather with the cheating aspect. Why can't people be upfront about what they want in their lives. Why would you get yourself into a committed monogamous relationship with someone to f*** everything that moves? If you aren't happy with your current relationship, then be honest about it with your partner/spouse. Even though it might be a bitter pill to swallow, I think it is better to end a relationship/marriage and move on than staying in a broken one.

As for extra marital affairs being less common amongst middle class families and more prominent in the showbiz world - well, to some extent I agree with it, but then, we do not know the exact figures. Obviously what our next door neighbors are doing ain't going to make news.
Please add Rani Mukherji also in the list.She was and is still linked up with married men.

The actresses want a wealthy manSo they prefer aged but wealthy business tycoons.
Karishma made a mistake by marrying Sanjay kapoor.But her mother is more to be blamed.She dominated KK throughout her life.Karishma was never ever happy with her marriage.But my question is how she thought that a guy like Sanjay will change after marriage.