Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piyarapiyari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
i agree wid u there is no problem of supporting a maika bt pratigya should give more time to her husband which is more important than anything else
corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruthiR

Well I don't see anything wrong in that.Being the responsible and caring daughter that she is it is obvious for her to help them out by working for them during a financial crisis and that shouldn't affect her married life in any which way.And there's nothing surprising in it since this is the very same family for whom she sacrificed her life and future by marrying the person whom they all thought was behind all the harrasing.

Bang on Shruthi - that's exactly what she is and always has been - nothing inconsistent there...

Except there are other relationships to manage now too

We can easily drop everything and run when we only have only our family to consider....it requires a bit more tact and thought

As for the sacrificing her life and future bit - she chose to do so, and bringing that up as some sortof justification is not only irrelevant its more likely to really backfire than help IMO....
😊

corvette thumbnail
Originally posted by: yummimommy

I must admit I am very attached to my maika. I would do anything for them as they would for me.

👏👏👏Understood and likewise!

I don't want to do anything for my in laws. I think they modeled Amma's character after my MIL.

😆 You and me both!😆

Going to maika is ok in my book but she certainly needs to pay more attention to K. Sirf moon phula kay bait thi uskay samnay. Yes he's there to share in her misery but not every second of everyday. He has needs too. I was afraid to share my views because I'm afraid of peoples' reaction but you asked so I thought I'd be honest.

Honesty is the best policy and your views and opinions are always really appreciated, each and everyone who contributes to our lovely Forum!

Agreed - its about balance and being sensitive tot he needs of the one you love too, its the latter i sometimes think P has problems with.

😊
soapbubble thumbnail
I think it's perfectly acceptable and don't see why people should have trouble with it at all.

I don't mean characters IN the serial, who will naturally behave according to their own values and prejudices, but viewers in general.

What's wrong with supporting your parents, emotionally, physically, financially? Nothing at all. In fact there's a new soap, if I'm not mistaken that tackles htis very mindset  - a married girl who supports her maika.
God, women in India are fighing  SO MANY small battles it's not funny - imagine a show needed to tell people it's ok to support your parents! 😲😲 The mind boggles.
Bubble

corvette thumbnail
Originally posted by: telstra

good questions mmg see if a married daughter finds that her maika people are in trouble there is no harm in it but for this her maika should give due respect to her husband so that her husband also has a soft corner for his inlaws and consider him there son who can do anything for them but in our case saxenas have never considered k part of the family and never respected him and he has a soft corner for them never misbehaved because they r p parents not because he loves them.
see a girl has to spent her whole life with her husband and her inlaws this is a fact we cant deny.if a girl is doing a job for her maika people than she has to have extraordinary good relations with her inlaws have to fulfill all her duties as dil.she should have established a deep bond of love and trust with his husband in the initial stages of marriage and if done so then she can do anything in life later on but here initial days of marriage were disaster p and k never talked they both love eachother immensely but k has suceeded in making prats believe that she is the most imp person in his life more than his own parents brother sister and he will be there for her throyugh every thick and thin but p failed to do so😭😭 plus here her husband is uneducated so it might hurt his ego
no marriage doesnot mean you should forget your maika noooooooooo i beleive lakh amma abba keh lain saas sasur ko but they will never ever take place of your real parents.and if husband can love his parents after marriage why a girl should not her mother went through equal pains during her birth and gave her immense love throughout her life before or after marriage.
but sab batoon ki eik baat for any married women husband should be her top priority whatever she wanted to do do but take your man in confidence
difficult questions yaar but something is better than nothing tried my level best

sorry guys - am having connection difficulties and keep losing my replies!!!!!😡

The questions were hard because its a difficult situation and one that can only be dealt with with sensitivity and tact.

K has pretty much always supported P in helpin her folks, he has always been respectful pretty much to them without necessarily needing to love them in the same way as P - and why should he?

P is their daughter and their sada shubhchintak - and that's Ok too, but not if its to the exclusion of all other relationships, but mostly hers with K

Ultimately she is right to help her parents but its the way she helps them that will determine whether she has K's support or not....
corvette thumbnail
Originally posted by: shy1111

I don't know whether it is their collective poor performance or the shoddy script but somehow I have never felt any bit of sympathy or empathy for the saxenas. There is something so ridiculous about the entire bunch of them that the moment they are on the screen, a feeling of disgust or irritation creeps into me.

For me the reason is their constant bebassi - they have none of the positivity and fighting spirit that their daughter displays - so they dont get my sympathy either....

As a viewer, I would have applauded P's stance of earning for her family if I had any bit of sympathy for them or if it was  shown that there was absolutely no other option(widowed mother, younger dependent siblings etc)  But in this situation, I cannot identify or approve of P's POV. I am of the opinion that parents shd not be too dependent on the son too as somewhere down the line, dignity does get compromised. It is better to live on less than to be dependent on any one else.

True but human beings are not islands either...we all need a bit of help sometimes....dignity can sometimes come across as sheer pigheadedness or zidd too

Husband's unemployment is a major issue, when are the CVs make P tackle it. Or are they saving the best for the last

What's the incentive to earn for Krishna? He has all he needs! 😕 I dont work for self-esteem, I work to pay my mortgage but K dont have to!!!!!😆😆😆😆

As it is the suck-sena are a butt of ridicule, this track is going them them appear more ludicrous. Yet again a wrong call by the CVs. Pratigya is becoming a totally unidimensional character.

😊

corvette thumbnail
Originally posted by: pratigyaz

what's wrong with the prof going back to work, he seems fine.

😊

Also it is about time adarsh says farewell to his tum tum. he has been in there for months. He can go back to work soon.

😆 He should - he could escape Komal for a while too and she could go out for a few kebabs without guilt!!!

How did the saxenas manage before, personally pratigya is far to attached to her parents house, if she cut a few apron strings, maybe she would not be in such strife all the time. Why are her parents problems always her problems? The only person she should be concentrating on his her husband. If only she would be a better wife, daughter in law than a daughter, life would be easier.

This is one approach and I'm sure many would agree with you. But it is difficult to sit tight and do nothing when you know your parents need help and in such circumstances one should definitely help, preferable as a joint venture than winging it alone.....like superwoman....

Ik K doesnt support P she is in for a difficult quandary
corvette thumbnail
Originally posted by: piyarapiyari

i agree wid u there is no problem of supporting a maika bt pratigya should give more time to her husband which is more important than anything else

K is asking P to give more of her time to the house!

Bechari kis kis ko apna time dein?😆😆
Edited by Madmadgirl - 13 years ago
CrAzYRED thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

So the thought is that due to the financial crisis in her maika,  the Pratster is gonna start working....to support her father and her family through this difficult period...

If this does indeed happen, is it such a bad thing?No, i say it will be any eye opener for Kriya relatioship on the plus side.

Why does this notion trouble some people?

In fact why do we get so bothered about a girl's attachment to her maika full stop?if her husband approve of visit, why should other opinion counts.

Does attachment to Maika really get in the ay of a successsful marriage? can be if husband dosen't like her visit too often.

Why shouldnt a loving married daughter support her loving maika? she should support them, than see them homeless, foodless.

Before I give my views I'd really like to hear your learned opinions, because to behonest for once I am a little troubled by my thoughts on this one

shruthiR thumbnail
Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

Bang on Shruthi - that's exactly what she is and always has been - nothing inconsistent there...

Except there are other relationships to manage now too  I think it also has something to do with the way her in-laws are and their POVs about certain things especially related to the ceratin rules etched out for women in their house.

We can easily drop everything and run when we only have only our family to consider....it requires a bit more tact and thought   I think that it is a very well known fact that Pratigya,right from the beginning is a person who lacks tact when it comes to handling things.She knows what she wants but doesn't know exactly how to go about it.

As for the sacrificing her life and future bit - she chose to do so, and bringing that up as some sortof justification is not only irrelevant its more likely to really backfire than help IMO....
😊   It was her choice but I just gave that as an example to say what extent she can go upto when it comes to her family and their well being.

Edited by shruthiR - 13 years ago