Posted: 13 years ago
So the thought is that due to the financial crisis in her maika,  the Pratster is gonna start working....to support her father and her family through this difficult period...

If this does indeed happen, is it such a bad thing?

Why does this notion trouble some people?

In fact why do we get so bothered about a girl's attachment to her maika full stop?

Does attachment to Maika really get in the ay of a successsful marriage?

Why shouldnt a loving married daughter support her loving maika?

Before I give my views I'd really like to hear your learned opinions, because to behonest for once I am a little troubled by my thoughts on this one
there is nothing wrong in supporting ones maika

but d thakurs would probably kill prats 4 dis

nd k i wonder will he stand by her???

uska ego bahut bada he

otherwise a daughter can nd should support her maika
Me too having trouble undertanding what exactly is the problem with P working to help out her family? Is it that some are having problem's because it is HER family??? πŸ˜• if things were reversed and it was the Thakurs (very unlikely) in this situation would people feel that same?
No, it doesn't come between the marriage....as  long as the girl doing it in a balanced way....Like me....Iam proud to be one of themπŸ˜‰

Tht's why I side P sometimes....but I want her to give K his due RESPECT..... I want her to make him confident of her LOVE for him...thn anything is under the sun.... So P...hearing....

anyway I thank U for this thread MMG, even i was arguing this Q to myself.... Now Iam fine ,lub u.❀️

Hii MMG,

My pennies worth [if it is worth at all] ....

There is nothing wrong in a girl , a married  woman working ..  and helping out her parents...it is frequently happening and it is accepted [with few clauses]where both the families are from similar background

But in MKAP ..Pratigya is married into a household which has a feudal mindset , A mndset which forbids Girls to go out alone and is always sent with a chaperon ..In such a case , If  the bahu of the house steps out of the house  [ A bahu is supposed to uphold Ghar's samman  and Adarsh ] and goes out to work for her parents  will not be accepted...They will think it is an insult to their standing in the society , A deliberate humiliation [ remember they think that once a girl is married, suk ya dhuk ..it shud be with the sasural only ..Maika shud be forgotten once the Girl has crossed the threshold of Sasural]..So Pratigya working for Maika will not be accepted ..for her action's  indirectly  reflect upon their status ..
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

So the thought is that due to the financial crisis in her maika,  the Pratster is gonna start working....to support her father and her family through this difficult period...

If this does indeed happen, is it such a bad thing?

Why does this notion trouble some people?

In fact why do we get so bothered about a girl's attachment to her maika full stop?

Does attachment to Maika really get in the ay of a successsful marriage?

Why shouldnt a loving married daughter support her loving maika?

Before I give my views I'd really like to hear your learned opinions, because to behonest for once I am a little troubled by my thoughts on this one
good questions mmg see if a married daughter finds that her maika people are in trouble there is no harm in it but for this her maika should give due respect to her husband so that her husband also has a soft corner for his inlaws and consider him there son who can do anything for them but in our case saxenas have never considered k part of the family and never respected him and he has a soft corner for them never misbehaved because they r p parents not because he loves them.
see a girl has to spent her whole life with her husband and her inlaws this is a fact we cant deny.if a girl is doing a job for her maika people than she has to have extraordinary good relations with her inlaws have to fulfill all her duties as dil.she should have established a deep bond of love and trust with his husband in the initial stages of marriage and if done so then she can do anything in life later on but here initial days of marriage were disaster p and k never talked they both love eachother immensely but k has suceeded in making prats believe that she is the most imp person in his life more than his own parents brother sister and he will be there for her throyugh every thick and thin but p failed to do so😭😭 plus here her husband is uneducated so it might hurt his ego
no marriage doesnot mean you should forget your maika noooooooooo i beleive lakh amma abba keh lain saas sasur ko but they will never ever take place of your real parents.and if husband can love his parents after marriage why a girl should not her mother went through equal pains during her birth and gave her immense love throughout her life before or after marriage.
but sab batoon ki eik baat for any married women husband should be her top priority whatever she wanted to do do but take your man in confidence
difficult questions yaar but something is better than nothing tried my level best
ya...der is nuthing wrong in prats supporting her family...derz NOTHING wrong...even krishna doesnt have any problem yaar....its just dat the THAKURS proved to be experts in BRAINWASHING...whenever dey get baba alone without pratz dey start saying bad abt prats which is not tolerable for krishu...datz why he said dat she shud also think abt her sasural!

as bab said...they neevr waste any opportunity to balme prats....for not staying n supporting her sasural...so krishu just want her to see her sasural too...only bcoz he can shut the THAKURS up!!

Nechu
I must admit I am very attached to my maika. I would do anything for them as they would for me. I don't want to do anything for my in laws. I think they modeled Amma's character after my MIL. Going to maika is ok in my book but she certainly needs to pay more attention to K. Sirf moon phula kay bait thi uskay samnay. Yes he's there to share in her misery but not every second of everyday. He has needs too. I was afraid to share my views because I'm afraid of peoples' reaction but you asked so I thought I'd be honest.
Edited by yummimommy - 13 years ago
what's wrong with the prof going back to work, he seems fine. Also it is about time adarsh says farewell to his tum tum. he has been in there for months. He can go back to work soon.
How did the saxenas manage before, personally pratigya is far to attached to her parents house, if she cut a few apron strings, maybe she would not be in such strife all the time. Why are her parents problems always her problems? The only person she should be concentrating on his her husband. If only she would be a better wife, daughter in law than a daughter, life would be easier.
Originally posted by sab2778

there is nothing wrong in supporting ones maika πŸ‘πŸΌ
Agreed - charity begins at home, and by that I dont mean P helping P's maika is charity , merely that one would always want to help one's own in a loving relationship...

t's the way you do it though...... amd would maika accept it if they thought it might cause problems in your own house?

but d thakurs would probably kill prats 4 dis

Not just them but many real families would too unfortunately, although not literally!

But in this case, I dont actually think they would, its not the help that they would have a problem with...its the fact that the Pratster is too up her own bottom to ASK SS to help her family! SS has already made it clear thathe knows how to maintain relationships but he would want P to ASK for help - which she will never do preferring instead to go out and work herself..which will cause SS to be humiliated

It plays nicely into the hands of K when he said they all accuse you of not having "mixed in" well she hasnt - because it partly them and partly her steadfast refusal to do so.  

nd k i wonder will he stand by her???

He is going to have difficulties with this for exactly this reason - hehas no qualms in using his Dad's money so why should she?
If she would rather work and earn herself  than ask his Dad, I think K will really struggle to accept this -  so no. 

uska ego bahut bada he

exactly!

otherwise a daughter can nd should support her maika

I had done a massive response to this, sent it to post and then lost the whole lot as my net connection went down!! Argh!!!!!!!!

So I've tried to remember what i wrote but thanks for the great response!!😊