Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet TRPs sliding again... CVs you happy now?? UPD - Page 3

nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: deejayaqueel

So... the patience and loyalty of the audience and die-hard fans is like an elastic.... can be stretched quite a bit.. but only this much.... beyond a point it breaks and it never goes back to its original state...

Either many of the early disillusioned ones leave (leading to less reach) or the stubborn, optmistic ones stick on but skip irritating parts (leading to lesser amount of time spent on the serial)...

Either way or both combined, the disenchantment with a show shows... in the TRPs...

So, after a week of glorious resurrection and a touching of that magical figure of 1.0 TRP, with the whole positive marriage and no miscarriage track, it seems to be getting back to square one!! 😑

From an avg. of 0.8 (0.9 if we exclude the new Saturday), we are back to a weekly avg. of  0.6, with nothing in the coming week to ensure a spike or a rise!! 🀒🀒🀒 (what with the NT poisoning leading to uncertainty in marriage and now the 'important to Maan, bitchy, sister who dislikes Geet' track)

A note to New CVs and a Reminder to the Old ones 😑😑😑

You need to understand, that Geet was NOT about constant negativity and the trials of Geet... dont take the title of GHSP so literally each time....

it was about the positive, refreshing, journey of a wronged yet courageous woman determined to set a precedent in society and about her unconventional and very unique relationship with an esteemable, brusque, care-a-damn man with a heart of gold.

What set it apart was the refreshing take on relationships, rich and believable characterization and a positive and just view abt the problems in society... not as a depressing mirror to what is... but a positive, progressive outlook on what can and should be πŸ‘πŸ‘

But somewhere you seem to have forgotten that... amongst the hundreds of interesting and positive ways in which to get around the problem of 6 days a week and extending a storyline.... you seem to come up with ways which are not only depressingly, no irritatingly negative but also those that do not fit in with the very DNA or essence of the show, the characters...

you have created beautifully flesh n blood, and richly believable characters... dont make tehm shallow, inconsistent and a shadow of their former selves. Also believe me there are many ways to make interesting twists rather than saas-bahu, nand-bhabhi politics... those are the things Geet is SOOO not made of...

Finally, a request... please wake up before it is too late, and stop flooding the show with constant negativity with a few stolen moments of joy for Geet... We loved it coz it helped us unwind at the end of a day... with constant negativity we have less incentive to watch it... we could simply watch Ekta....

Wake up before our patience snaps... wake up while there is still time!

oh dear! this sure was to happen
&
@bold & underlined - i totally agree with you & second the pleading & warning to the creatives...

@ Creatives - guys plz remember the mighty titanic too sank ....so don't test your luck & our loyalty, love & patience

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Krish-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: deejayaqueel

I agree... random pieces like that spoil  the fun of the good parts... more than anticipation of the impending marriage we are getting pissed off about that silly, bratty sister 🀒🀒

i cant tolerate the actress more than the character !! πŸ˜‘😑😑😑
if it was played by some actress like karishma, we would have loved to hate the character but not the actress!! πŸ˜³

didnt the cvs get anyone else to play this role?? anyone who looked like a girl atleast πŸ€’
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
😳...what are the writers thinking...I guess they are not thinking at all! πŸ€”
deejayaqueel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: abd_20

I always find joy in Maaneet romance at the end of it all they count for me not Devtara meera anvesha or Dadi certainly not one more negative character Arjun Singh rathore.

I don't know why makers are including irritating characters like Anvesha cudn't she be less rude.... I am going mad because I cannot leave Geet coz I love to watch Maaneet but not happy to watch them in bits & pieces.... that is my only concern show others but in flashes lolzzz... 

I remember watching the TRP rating uptill August it was 1.6-1.7 but now 0.7-0.8 its sure disappointing... but hope Makers wake up soon...πŸ₯±

yup.. you are right.... the downfall happened right after the Rasika Rathod track.... before taht it had reached a peak of abt 1.6
Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for this wonderful news Deej!!!! Last time we did everything at  our disposal to help our favourite show and what did we get in return???? A random, illogic, depressing, irritating, ugly, stupid psycho sister????
If CVs dont have any better creativity to fill for DD's absence and cover 6 days, they dont deserve TRP or loyalty from the viewers!!! Period!!

One doubt, this TRP is for last week rt? But most of the episodes in last was week was excellent and orgasmic.. then wt happened?

deejayaqueel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: crazyball

i guess d Cvs r hell bent on changing dis show also to a saas-bahu drama....bad move i must say....we audience luved d show coz it was different!!

N cant we have some positivity 4 few days atleast....cudn we have a relaxed wedding....instead of d tension filled one dat is abt to come!!

i think they are just confused what to do... and in the absence of any guidance they are going the only way they know... the tried and tested saas-bahu 🀒🀒🀒....

Problem is not just negativity... there is no hope for positivity... coz there is this silly woman making life miserable rught now,... and then NT's bro will come along... you cnt have BOTH negative short term AND long term!!!😑😑
bDgT thumbnail
So disappointed and angry - in fact I think it is time for us to call it quits - now I think I should start the negative campaign
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
What attracted me to the show in its initial stages?? The little details the CVs took care of....

For example if Vicky was mentioned then in Khurana mansion we do see pictures of the three brothers together...if Geet comes to Delhi and meets Manchandas then they showed the connection between her dad and Manchanda...whenever a surprise has been popped well-disguised hints have been thrown in here and there. Even Nt's brother's character intro seems expected....NT keeps addressing herself as NT Rathod...implying a strong family background which would evetually surface. 

But with this Anwesha character they CVs have taken the oft-ill-used track of nanad-bhabhi conflict as an easy way out...probably to stretch the show a bit to accommodate the extra Saturdays. There has never been any mention of her EVER...and if she is so important to Maan then how come she wasn't invited to his engagement? 

And why is it poor Geet gets to meet his siblings in installments only before an occasion....Dev met her on her supposed engagement...this one pops up before her marriage. Probably Vicky will come back before her SR...and some other long lost Khurana sibling who is oh-so-important to Maan will come along before her godh-bharai😑

W*H if adding extra episodes is all they wanted...they could have done that by adding extra doses Maaneet. The Monday epi was fab...with 90% focus on Maaneet...and I can say it with full conviction that audience will lap it up without complain. The CVs should have understood it by now that if we wanted to see a serial that feeds on domestic conflicts we would watch kEktas shows. The reason we watch Geet HSP is because we believed it to a refreshingly different....and bloody don't ruin faith in you CVs!!!
--Krish-- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Rolzz

Thanks for this wonderful news Deej!!!! Last time we did everything at  our disposal to help our favourite show and what did we get in return???? A random, illogic, depressing, irritating, ugly, stupid psycho sister????
If CVs dont have any better creativity to fill for DD's absence and cover 6 days, they dont deserve TRP or loyalty from the viewers!!! Period!!

One doubt, this TRP is for last week rt? But most of the episodes in last was week was excellent and orgasmic.. then wt happened?

rolzz - the initial episodes of last week were NT poison and marriage postpone.. only the last 2-3 episodes were good.. by then the damage was already done !! 
--Krish-- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bDgT

So disappointed and angry - in fact I think it is time for us to call it quits - now I think I should start the negative campaign

Please do !! i will join u !! πŸ˜³
atleast let us save ourself from our obsession with this show !! πŸ˜³
Edited by krishnarani - 13 years ago