Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

kamal ka phool not kamal ka fool

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
 yesterday Gauri said kamal ka fool ,its pronounced as phool not fool. If Javed Akhtar was watching this, he would have gone ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜†.
How come no one pays attention to the dialogue and its delivery??😆
Edited by anjali10 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: anjali10

yesterday Gauri said kamal ka fool ,its pronounced as phool not fool. If Javed Akhtar was watching this, he would have gone ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜†.

How come no one pays attention to the dialogue and its delivery??😆

I noted it too. It's a common trend on Indian television where the letters ph - where the h is silent -is pronounced as an "f."  And "ps" are substitued for "fs".  So, instead of saying "falak" the person will "palak."  I saw this among our Gujarati friends more than any particular group.  Another example is instead of saying "sabzi" the person will "sabji."

There are more.

zaara10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it's common in bengali too. Esp the j's for z's and sh for s's (sharee, not saree)... These sounds just dont exist in the alphabet...
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: zaara10

it's common in bengali too. Esp the j's for z's and sh for s's (sharee, not saree)... These sounds just dont exist in the alphabet...

I was wondering if that was the case. For example, in Arabic there is no "p" so there is no such word as "park."
zaara10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Laila2009

I was wondering if that was the case. For example, in Arabic there is no "p" so there is no such word as "park."

i know, it's bark, lol. Or another of my favs, bebsi, i.e. pepsi :)Edited by zaara10 - 13 years ago
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zaara10

i know, it's bark, lol. Or another of my favs, bebsi, i.e. pepsi :)

😆