Bollywood Actors for Ramayan?

Posted: 13 years ago
So if a Bollywood director decided to make a movie based on Ramayan, with all the modern day technology and stuff, which of the bollywood actors now do you think would be apt for the following roles?

Shri Ram:
Sitaji:
Lakshman:
Hanuman:
Ravan:
Meghnad:
this is tough...this is soley based upon looks not acting b/c I don't like how anyone acts nowadays :S

Shri Ram: shahid kapoor // john abraham

Sitaji: shruti hassan // sonam kapoor // amrita rao

Lakshman: ruslaan mumtaz

Hanuman: arjun rampal

Ravan: abhishek bacchan // rahul dev // khali

Edited by desigrl05 - 13 years ago

*double post*

Edited by desigrl05 - 13 years ago
^ Hmmm, interesting choices.😊 Here is my own list, again for looks like you said. I too don't like many of their acting much.😆

Shri Ram: Imran Khan  
Sitaji: Deepika Padukone
Lakshman: Shahid Kapoor
Hanuman: SRK
Ravan: Abhishek Bacchan
Meghnad: Hrithik Roshan

imran khan is who i thought of at first as wellf or ramji..he has that sukoon look to his face
btwi tried adding picsbut only one came :X
Shri Ram: Shahid Kapoor/ Salman
Sitaji: Kareena/ Aishwarya/ Madhuri
Lakshman: Ranbir Kapoor (his is Kareenas cousin ohh 😛)
Hanuman: SRK !!! as he said he was one of the vanar in RamLeela in his childhood days
Ravan: Denny
Meghnad: 😔
Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
I also vote Imran for Ram (as I did towards the end of the CC)... he's calm looking, cute, and talented... he can probably do it.
But if anyone watches Saregamapa then you prob agree, Shekhar has the perfect smile for the role 😍❤️

For Sita, Amrita Rao...

Lakshman - Abhay Deol?

Hanuman - man... Dara Singh is soooo stuck in my head, I don' t think anyone else will ever be able to do it 😳

Ravan - Mukesh Rishi

Meghnaad - Ranbir ❤️
well...I do not prefer any bollywood actors for Ramayan ..I like the new comers to play god !!!
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

So if a Bollywood director decided to make a movie based on Ramayan, with all the modern day technology and stuff, which of the bollywood actors now do you think would be apt for the following roles?

Shri Ram: Shahid would look best with Amrita but I would cast someone with a divine aura so am not completely sure about Shahid as Shri Ram.
Sitaji: In my opinion Madhuri Dixit is the best choice but she is not from "now"so in that case
 I would go for Amrita Rao as she has the innocence and beauty in her face to enact Sitajis role.
Lakshman: Sonu Sood. I feel he is an underrated actor but he has a good dialogue delivery and can look strong too.
Hanuman: Dino Morea, he looks strong and I am content with his dialogue delivery and action scenes. His face is not a plus point as he will wear a mask⭐️
Ravan: Milind Gunaji. He has played many villains in Hindi movies so I think he is apt for this role.
Meghnad: Reserved
Originally posted by chinnu_manikyam

well...I do not prefer any bollywood actors for Ramayan ..I like the new comers to play god !!!
I also agree with that but if some famous producer of bollywood will make Ramayan for commercial reasons he/she might cast "the stars"

I would like to remind "Luv Kush".This movie in the early nineties had a starcast of bollywood actors who were popular in eighties. Jeetendra-Jayaprada were one of  the hit couples of the eighties so they got leading roles..but we all knew that Arunji was better as Shri Ram as Ramayan was released before this movie.