MimiLulu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
yes this topic is going to get closed soon but blah! 

You know as I was feeling kind and went to the KHJJS topic to pay my condolences for the failure of it, I got attack by saying how my favorite celebrity is a flop queen and it's quite ironic that I am the one laughing at them.  I wasn't even laughing.  I seriously felt bad.  

But I have a problem you see.  This forums is obv. maintained by gangs and every time I come here, I only see everyone calling my favorite a flop queen.   Ok fine, her first two movies were a flop but her other two did quite well....so that's like what?  A 50% ratio compared to someone else's 3/8 ratio?  Isn't that someone else a flop queen as well than?

Let's talk about some numbers.  Math is slowly becoming my favorite subject.

A few interesting figures concerning my flop queen's two successful films:  firstly IHLS ,which did 43,68,00,000CR NETT at the Indian BO as compared to Padu's BKB with the same hero which might not even touch the 20cr mark and will probably finish at around 18-19. Also KHJJS in which Padu stars opposite Abhi, according to early estimates might not even have a 1.25 cr first day and a lifetime business of 15 cr while Flop Queens' D6 did a first day of 4.80cr and a lifetime of 31 cr.  While Flop Queen's Aisha a solo heroine film did a first day of just over 3 cr and a lifetime of 18 so that means her solo heroine film did around the same numbers BKB might do but MORE THEN what KHJJS will do.  Padu's only hit films have come opp SRK and SAK AND Akshay who are A LIST STARS. Let's see how much Flop Queen's films with these same actors collect.

Lastly Im hate getting into numbers (cause I lied, Math is no where close to being my favorite subject) but when you talk about star power, one has to see that KCK LP BKB AND KHJJS ARE 4 FLOPS IN ONE YEAR!  Not to mention CC2C earlier and BAH doing average (thanks to RK and Bipasha by the way).  Flop Queen has 4 films out of which one was an outright flop and one failed due to it's price while the other two were clean successes, and 2010 has seen two successful releases for Flop Queen and 4 flops and only one hit for Padu which was opp Akshay. 

There, those are some facts.  Now if we are talking about WORLDWIDE fame, please go see my post in the KHJJS topic.  That is all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hmm okay....deepika padukone is the new flop queen of bollwood.
Happy?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Lily, can u please take off  the "flop" queen tag from sonam's head and put it on deepika's? i mean u started it :D why dont u do the honors here as well?!๐Ÿ˜†
MimiLulu thumbnail
I don't care what title Padu gets, as long as my favorite doesn't get a tag she doesn't deserve.  :-) 
friends_rock thumbnail
No no its okay...my padu can get that tag :D :D

LILYYYYYYYYY....come here you๐Ÿ˜ก...put the "flop taj" on padu's head.

MimiLulu thumbnail
Shall we have a ceremony with tea and pound cake?  I'll go wear my best ball gown.
friends_rock thumbnail
Originally posted by: Farikina

Shall we have a ceremony with tea and pound cake?  I'll go wear my best ball gown.

oh yeeah lets do tha๐Ÿ˜›t
๐Ÿ˜ƒbut hey...its just us...LILY is not showing up and other crazens..well you know..dont visit anymore!๐Ÿ˜‰
 its such a huge day for me as a crazen..๐Ÿ˜ณmy padu getting a taj๐Ÿ˜ณ

can we have icecream cake?๐Ÿ˜ณ and for tea..i like green tea๐Ÿ˜ƒ
u tell?so which cake do u want?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

MimiLulu thumbnail
I do enjoy Pineapple ice Cream.  And yes, you can't fight the facts and nobody is behind you when you are going down.  True story.
Edited by Farikina - 13 years ago
friends_rock thumbnail
I agree, mate..you have stated the facts in your posts. . i totally agree...

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Goingby the other posts on this thread, it seems like, all the female actors in Bollywood are currently Flop Queens with the exception of Katrina Kaif! She is the only one who has given the maximum number of Commerical Hits and given them consistently!

All the other female actors have come up with Commerical Turkey's after Turkey's, with the occassional hits in between! Like Kareena did a 3 Idiot's which is one of the highest earning films in the history of Indian Cinema! Deepika had a LAK which was one of last year's biggest hits. Sonam gave IHLS which was one of the few commerical hits of this year! Priyanka came up with Kaminey and AA, which grossed average commerically!

But I wouldn't rate any of the above-mentioned actors to be sub-par or 'Flop Queens'! All of them have a fan-following of their own and a niche audience to watch their type of films!

If it was a decade back, then definitely the female actors mentioned above would be classified as massive faliures, but not in today's definiton of hindi cinema!

The very fact that there are Fans on this Forum standing up for their favorites prove the point that all the female actors of today have their place in Bollywood, hits and flops not withstanding!
Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago
MimiLulu thumbnail
Poppy darling, I actually agree with you.  But when people go on and on about Sonam being a flop queen (eh what?), it gets very tiring.  I have no intentions of putting Padu down.  Her success and failure has no impact on how well or bad Sona does but it gets very tiring when her fans keep on calling her a flop queen.