Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, Imagine TV has started showing the Ramayan again, as a part of their reruns galore, this time w/ no commercial breaks.  I guess it'll run until the channel itself goes off the air.

As an aside, Imagine TV has closed down its YouTube channel, which had complete episodes of both ASR and some episodes of DBSK.  And I doubt they'll ever make DVDs of DBSK, given how pathetic that show ran. 😡

I thought the channel closed down? How are they showing reruns?

And I am SO FURIOUS at them for closing down their channel.Angry WHY?! Their channel was my only source for watching AS Ramayan, and I heard the DVDs for it are faulty so I never bought them.

Is there any way we can try to convince them to get a new channel and upload all the episodes again, or at least ask Sagar Arts to upload them? This is highly unfair to all those viewers who depended on them for the shows.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vibhishna

Hi everyone. I never noticed this thread before but its been a very long time since I came to India Forums.

Does anyone watch Jai Bajrangbali or Ganesh Leela? I think both of them are Sagar's mytho shows too.

If so, does anyone have an idea where they obtain their stories from?

Vibhishna, missed you like crazy!🤗

I used to watch JJJB, but it got so terribly boring that I stopped. They started off well, especially with the story of Tulsidas which really brought tears to my eyes, but then they made up so many stories of Bal Hanuman which were not true, so I lost interest.

I haven't heard of Ganesh Leela. Which channel does it come on?
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Vibhishna, missed you like crazy!🤗

I used to watch JJJB, but it got so terribly boring that I stopped. They started off well, especially with the story of Tulsidas which really brought tears to my eyes, but then they made up so many stories of Bal Hanuman which were not true, so I lost interest.

I haven't heard of Ganesh Leela. Which channel does it come on?

Its good to be here. I wish I can be more active. Thanks a lot. 🤗

I lost interest in the new mytho shows for the same reason. I just can't understand where they find  those stories from.

In JJJB, currently, there is a story of Hanuman trying to teach Devayani (Sukracharya's daugther) a lesson (on what exactly, I don't remember) side by side with a story of Kesari in mortal peril and Anjana trying to save her husband. Also, they show Kekasi as an evil sorcerer with her own schemes and Ravan plots to kill Kesari with the help of Shurpanakha. No other words - I was dazed. Where did all of this come from? 

Ganesh Leela used to be aired in Colors but I am not sure if it is still on air. The Tamil dubbed version of this show used to be aired in Sun TV every Sunday but for the past few weeks, I haven't seen it on air either.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vibhishna

Its good to be here. I wish I can be more active. Thanks a lot. 🤗

I lost interest in the new mytho shows for the same reason. I just can't understand where they find  those stories from.

In JJJB, currently, there is a story of Hanuman trying to teach Devayani (Sukracharya's daugther) a lesson (on what exactly, I don't remember) side by side with a story of Kesari in mortal peril and Anjana trying to save her husband. Also, they show Kekasi as an evil sorcerer with her own schemes and Ravan plots to kill Kesari with the help of Shurpanakha. No other words - I was dazed. Where did all of this come from? 

Ganesh Leela used to be aired in Colors but I am not sure if it is still on air. The Tamil dubbed version of this show used to be aired in Sun TV every Sunday but for the past few weeks, I haven't seen it on air either.

Yeah, about JJJB, it's really ridiculous the stories they made up...like the Sagars' DBSK on Imagine which now closed down. Both shows showed such biazarre, fake stories of Krishna and Hanuman that I was stunned this was coming from the Sagars. They have really dragged their father's hard-earned reputation through the mud, because nowadays no one takes the Sagars' mytho shows seriously.Ouch Honestly, after Ramayan in Imagine, I haven't seen a mytho show that has kept my interest. The recent 2010-present ones have been most ridiculous. Did you ever watch Mahavir Hanuman? That too was a flop. Seems like the Sagars cannot handle a Hanuman-based story, sadly, or a Krishna one. I don't want to see another Ramayan coming from them either, because I know they'll mess it up, or maybe they won't since they now have two Ramayans in the family to copy off of.

I heard Devon ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is pretty good. I watched bits and pieces of it and the actors are well chosen, but some of the stories they showed of Shiv-Sati are a bit weird, but in general I heard it's gotten pretty good reviews. I'm glad that someone other than the Sagars is attempting a mytho show...perhaps they will feel ashamed of themselves when they see that they no longer reign as the leading mytho family.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I thought the channel closed down? How are they showing reruns?

And I am SO FURIOUS at them for closing down their channel.😡 WHY?! Their channel was my only source for watching AS Ramayan, and I heard the DVDs for it are faulty so I never bought them.

Is there any way we can try to convince them to get a new channel and upload all the episodes again, or at least ask Sagar Arts to upload them? This is highly unfair to all those viewers who depended on them for the shows.

LJR

What exactly does one mean by 'faulty'?  If a disk doesn't play on your player, you should be able to at least exchange it.  I'd say that the price tag (Rs 3000/- in India, $500? in US) ain't worth it.  Or did you mean something else?

My channel still has some of (my) interesting episodes - not just the killing of Ravana, but the Hanuman, Kumbhakarna and Ahiravan stories.  But yeah, if you want to watch the swarna-kamal series, or Rama & Lakshman lamenting, you're on your own.

And yeah, I too wish/hope Sagars upload them.  They may, however, not be willing to cannibalize their DVD sales.  They should certainly upload DBSK, since nobody is going to burn money watching DBSK on DVDs.  Just have the Mahabharata followed directly by Pradhyumna, and end it there - skip the parts on Susheela, Paundrak, Uddhav and Lata.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

LJR

What exactly does one mean by 'faulty'?  If a disk doesn't play on your player, you should be able to at least exchange it.  I'd say that the price tag (Rs 3000/- in India, $500? in US) ain't worth it.  Or did you mean something else?

My channel still has some of (my) interesting episodes - not just the killing of Ravana, but the Hanuman, Kumbhakarna and Ahiravan stories.  But yeah, if you want to watch the swarna-kamal series, or Rama & Lakshman lamenting, you're on your own.

And yeah, I too wish/hope Sagars upload them.  They may, however, not be willing to cannibalize their DVD sales.  They should certainly upload DBSK, since nobody is going to burn money watching DBSK on DVDs.  Just have the Mahabharata followed directly by Pradhyumna, and end it there - skip the parts on Susheela, Paundrak, Uddhav and Lata.

hii bhaiya, i can answer this question because i bought dvds just when they released, and some of the disks do not work or they skip over the scenes, its a manufacturing problem. maybe it's fixed now, don't know !! but so sad about ndtv imagine channel, can't believe they closed it down !😭
Vr15h thumbnail
Actually, even in RSR, they skipped over some scenes.  Like when I first rented an RSR DVD some years ago - the one about Bharat's confrontation w/ Kaikeyi, that episode ended w/ Kaikeyi simply telling Bharata what she did, and the episode ended there.  Other scenes were also cut, like Lakshman's reaction to Urmila after the return from Ayodhya, Bharat leaving after everyone had returned to the palace, Manthara seeking forgiveness from Rama.

There is no reason for any scene to be cut out.  If Sagars, even today, can't create proper DVDs of their serial after charging an arm & leg, shame on them! 👎🏼
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Actually, even in RSR, they skipped over some scenes.  Like when I first rented an RSR DVD some years ago - the one about Bharat's confrontation w/ Kaikeyi, that episode ended w/ Kaikeyi simply telling Bharata what she did, and the episode ended there.  Other scenes were also cut, like Lakshman's reaction to Urmila after the return from Ayodhya, Bharat leaving after everyone had returned to the palace, Manthara seeking forgiveness from Rama.

There is no reason for any scene to be cut out.  If Sagars, even today, can't create proper DVDs of their serial after charging an arm & leg, shame on them! 👎🏼

The same problem is with my RSR DVDs. To this day, I haven't seen Bharat's confrontation with Kaikeyi because my DVD doesn't have it, and I don't think any youtube vid does either.

Talk about shoddy editing...the Sagars are one of the worst at it! All of BRC's shows, at least Mahabharat and Vishnu Puraan from what I've seen, are unedited in the DVDs. They are definitely better manufacturers.

With ASR though, I wouldn't mind if they edited out a lot of Uttar kand in the DVDs, esp those swarn kamal episodes and some of the beginning ones as well like Ram's nightmare and weakness bouts.
Vr15h thumbnail
^^^^ YouTube videos have it - it was there that I first saw it.  I believe that SandeepVera's channel might have it, assuming it's still there.