Why are Ekta’s shows so popular? - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
An oft repeated topic, I am sure, but no answers yet.  My mind is in a state of utter confusion on this question and I seek your help, friends, in unraveling this mystery called Kekta Shows!!

A discussion on why Ekta's show is popular cannot start from any other place, but Kyunki, her flagship show.

Baa is immortal.  She defies normal human longevity.
    Who are Tulsi's actual children 🤢🤢🤢  Has Ekta finally made out Shobha to be some adopted child or no?  becos that seems next on the cards.  It appears that Balaji heroines can never keep their children safe at birth.  Anyone and everyone can just take them anytime.
    Tanya is still pregnant like the ever pregnant Mehak of KTH.  these girls just dont want to deliver their babies.  They want to defy the wonderfully brilliant Hindi film dialougue " Maine tumhe nau mahine apne kok mein pala hai " 😆..... for these girls the dialougues will be " Tum mere kok mein hi pale aur bade ho gaye. kabhi bahar ki duniya hi nahi dekhi, kyunki script writer tumhare baare mein bhool gaye"😆
    In Kahin Toh Hoga, the theme of the show was, there is someone made for every one on this earth!!.  This is a case of excesses.  Everyone is made for everyone.  Sujal is made for Kashish, Charu and Archita.  Rishi is made for Mehak and Mouli and all other girls in the vicintiy.  Kashish is for Piyush and Sujal.. and hopefully, the list should end there. 
    Adultery is most common in the shows.  Every father, be it OM or Mihir or Chetan Garewal, who will win the best pati in one years "Star Parivaar Awards" will turn out to be a bigamist the next year.  Not a single hero is spared of this adultery.
    Miscarriages happen at the drop of a coin.  Deliveries of long pregnancies might not happen, but miscarriages will definitely happen, especially if it is the lead heroine in question.😕.
    KKusum, less said the better.  Will Abhay Kapoor please tell us, how many times was he actually married and when and to whom all and who, He considers to be his wife?
  1. Will Lovers ever meet in Kekta world.  Will Akshat ever realise his love... or with passing times, he will just change his love😉
Reams of paper has been wasted and fingers have tired, pounding mercilessly on the keyboard, just on this issue.  But the result is the same.   For everyone of us who detest her show, there is one who loves the show.

Sree😉, no offence, but I have never been able to understand what lures you to the television at 3.00 p.m. every day😉

So friends, what do you think of this.  

• Do you like the K Soaps.  
  • Are these shows really that popular?  Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience?  Is this what we want to see in our television?
  • It cant just be the K factor.  What is it, that makes her show so talked about.  (I dont want to use the word popular )

Please write in your comments and discussions here.  Lets all attempt to discover the mystery thats called K Soaps.

We are proposing to start such interesting topics of debate every week.  If any of you have any interesting topic, please pm the Moderators and Viewbies of the Debate Mansion with your ideas.  Lets make this a wonderful platform to discuss the idiosyncrasies of the Telly world and many other interesting topics.

IF Development team.
Edited by vijay - 18 years ago
😆 😆 Thats was a good one.. most of all we can leave our brains aside and watch the shows 😆

Female lead shud alwas get pregnant if she sleeps with the male lead 😆

If Male lead do something wrong and want to tell it to other person he will never get tht chance to say it out😆

Return from death is a must.... Bhoot part  2 😉

I wonder how clever the doctors are in Life Care Hospital.. they gives the good news of pregnancy by just touching on the lady's stomache without any tests done...😕

Life care hospital will do surgery and change it to someone else face if someone goes there after an accident..😕

Life care hospital can never give DNA reports correctly.. they are always confused 😕

The Best thing abt K Soaps is that , we dont need to spare time for all her shows.. we can watch just one show and get to know what happens in all her shows... coz all shows wud be the same ... 😆

Though the soaps dont lead anywhere.. she takes very good looking handsome hunks for her shows... i dont know why they take up those shows 😆😆.. Oh Yes i got it... Fame is everything and Ekta can give fame to anyone and everyone if she wants 😛

Not really but still its fun to watch to kill time.... 😆
  • Are these shows really that popular?  Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience?  Is this what we want to see in our television?
Hmmm.... her shows are popular but i dont know from which angle.. i think ppl love the stars so they watch the shows just for there stars😕
  • It cant just be the K factor.  What is it, that makes her show so talked about.  (I dont want to use the word popular )
Handsome Hunks and the way she picks the couples for her shows.. all her couples have been very popular though show is on or off 😊

Edited by buttercup - 18 years ago

Hmmm.......i guess more than the script, its the actors and the roles that they essay so beautifully.

Kyunki..Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi , is my all time favourite show.....its has been on air for almost 6 yrs now and is Indias longest running soap opera.....For the people who hav been watching for the last 6 yrs, Kyunki has become a part of their lives.....i think life wud seem pretty incomplete without seeing our favourite characters on TV every night at 10.00 (thts wen kyunki airs here)

ALthough i agree that Ekta can really irritate the audience by her non-sense twists laikan i guess most of us are hopelessly addicted(i know i am). And if her stories are unreal, it is the audience who actually support her unreal stories by watching her shows.....

Only Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi....im not reeli bothered abt the others😆

I guess they are......i think entertainment wise, her shows arent that horrible.......i think her shows are not COMPLETELY unrealistic, they r just a spiced up n exaggerated version of reality.

As i mentioned above, its the characters, and the actors which essay their role so beautifully. After a certain time , the show, the characters becom a part of our life. We become emotionally attached to not only the show but our fave actors😊

-Eisha ( a hopeless Kyunki addict 😊 )

Edited by EiShA - 18 years ago
Hehe 😆 , I like the way you have posted this topic! And it is absolutely RIGHT .. 👏

Well, according to me the only reasons for Kekta's shows to be so popular are :

1) Marriages of the main leads infinite times.

2) Almost all the girls in the main lead have so many children.

3) There is n't a single husband in her serial who has not had only 1 lover in his life.

4) Girls in her serial are supposed to become pregnant before marriage.

5) In seconds, Dead = ALIVE and Alive = DEAD.

6) There is n't a single episode in which the main girl in the story does not cry.

7) Girls watch her shows just to keep staring at the actors.

8) Boys TRY to watch her shows just to get the answer of their question, " What makes the girls so addictive to Kekta serials".

Right now, I can think of only these, will add more later. 😃

Regards,
Priyanka.Edited by SONYA_K - 18 years ago
well veryyyyyyy trueeeeeeeee .....i just feel kyph is a bit diff but all other r just crap 😡 ....they should b ban as it affect ppl's mental satuts but cant deny the fact that they r popular 😭 😭
esha
i totally hate the k soaps

i dont think they r relly tht popularr...i cant imagine who cud pay their cable bill every month just 2 watch women in designer saris compete to fill the house wid tears...

in all the random kyunki episode i hv watched(n survived thank fully) i havent seen tulsi EVER smiling...

btw now we r on tht issue...cud sumone tell me frm were do they get the money 2 buy saris while all the guys r in jail n all the gals r busy playin fashion show..

i dun think abhay needs a pandit at his nxt wedding...he cud recite the mantras himself wid his xperience..

ppl r always gettin engaged ..nvr married...
tht2 wid silly songs playin in the lavish bollywood style sets

i thnk thts y ppl see kektas crap or rather krap...
to get tips on the hottest trends for shaadis ...nothin elseEdited by hellraiser - 18 years ago
Originally posted by Coolest Esha

well veryyyyyyy trueeeeeeeee .....i just feel kyph is a bit diff but all other r just crap 😡 ....they should b ban as it affect ppl's mental satuts but cant deny the fact that they r popular 😭 😭
esha

KYPH was different but for those who have watched shows like KTH or KUTUMB can switch of there TV's now.. history gonna repeat ... 😆
Edited by buttercup - 18 years ago
ur 101 % rite my mom sees dem n i have tpo bear em sometimes in my fight for d remote ughh but yeah ppl r really sick of dese serial but dey watch it den too my mom says soo much bout all her k serials but at d end of d day sleeps after waching em
But hey, I forgot one thing.

Thanks to Ekta Mai, all of us know all the festivals, minor or major, celebrated by all communities in India.

We know all the rituals that go into a wedding, god bharai, delivery, bache ka naam karan, birthday, and of course Death. Each of these rituals have been shown so elaborately, especially the death ones, that now we should all know the Mantras by heart (although the Mantras she uses in her shows are not the right ones 🤢 🤢 🤢 )
Do you like the K Soaps.
nopppppppp

* Are these shows really that popular? Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience? Is this what we want to see in our television?
well i dont wanna see this but most of audience wanna see such crap

It cant just be the K factor. What is it, that makes her show so talked about. (I dont want to use the word popular )
well 1st thing most ppl who need mental cheak up r seeing such serial.......& one more thing .......the sanskar factor....some family feels it gives sanskar which i dont agree as marring 6-7 ppl is culture or giving birth to 10-15 kids & not knowing where they r is our culture???

cool topic diiiii 😆
esha