divorce, widow & marriage *dotw* - Page 3

Posted: 18 years ago
i think that a d/w isn;t rong to re-marry but she shouldnt fall for a married man and ruin some else's relationship.

but if the man is single and everything ndon't see why not. she should tlak things through with her children and other relatives aswell first
A wonderful topic I must say.

This is a delicate issue and I feel that though the law has given the right to the D/W to remarry, our society has not been as kind in general, especially if the woman has kids and is not really young.

I have come across one such wonderful lady who is very close to a very close elderly relative of mine. Strangely, the children on both sides have no problem regarding the relationship - the man's kids had a few reservations in the beginning but not they too are fine with it - but as it turned out, it's the lady's brother and old father who have some very orthodox thinking and inspite of being in her 50's and financially independent, the lady does not want to go against them as they were the ones who supported her when her husband died leaving behind two very young children.. Besides the man in question is retired so I am sure the financial aspects are also into play.

So they continue their relationship without getting into the marriage. Sadly though, it seems she is forever scared of her brother finding out about this. Both her sons are very supportive and actually help their mother in this. Isn't that the complete turnabout of what usually happens?

bgdesai is right in one thing. There is a lot of reaction from the kids when such a relation comes into light. As I said, the elderly man's kids, both of whom were married, could not in the beginning come to terms with the fact that their father was in a relationship - they felt he was disloyal to their mother's memory who had died only two years earlier.However, both their spouses were understanding - perhaps because they had both set of parents and did not really understand what it's like to have someone take the place of ur mother - whatever the case,they were succesful in making their other halves come into terms and accept the relationship.

However, as of now, I don't see this relationship culminating into marriage. Had she been a single nmarried woman, I think her family would have had no problem in marrying her off, even if the man in question was a widower himself.

I feel that such a relationship should be encouraged. Come to think of it, God forbid,if I saw my own mom in such a circumstance, geting close to another man, and especially if I am a teen, i would hate it and fight it out tooth and nail, but in the end, if the man really turns out to be the father figure I missed, i know I would accept him. The question is, will our society be as magnanimous?

Divorce woman can remarry for sure but she should not go and spoil some other girls life.Infact she knows the pain of being lonely.If she is ready to marry a man who himself is divorced or a bachelor guy .then its welcome..
Originally posted by mad_cap

And here is a question I would like to ask all men out here answer truthfully with a yes or no. Would you be prepared to fall in love and marry a divorced/widowed woman?

And there is no reply for this.
So it proves that no Indian Guys of this fg is ready to marry a divorcee
Originally posted by kavith_2305

Divorce woman can remarry for sure but she should not go and spoil some other girls life.Infact she knows the pain of being lonely.If she is ready to marry a man who himself is divorced or a bachelor guy .then its welcome..

kavitha, why are u blaming the divorced/widowed woman. doesn't the married man in question also have a role to play. does that man who falls for her really have any integrity.
Originally posted by kavith_2305

And there is no reply for this.
So it proves that no Indian Guys of this fg is ready to marry a divorcee

i will come back to this after reading other's views - hopefull there would be some.
no,i don't think it's wrong 4 a widow /divorcee 2 remarry-after all she can't spend the rest of her life all alone...everybody needs a companion....so it's not at all wrong..and if men can do it without any issues being raised-y can't women?????
but 1 thing is that the woman shud not break somebody else's house 4 her selfish reasons.....she sud b sensible and make sure she doesn't harm ny1 in trying 2 make her life stable
It appears that most are blaming divorced/widowed women for breaking someone else's family. I have a question. Don't you people think it is utterly wrong for a married man to start a relation with such a woman? Don't you think that such men are to be blamed more? If they can break their own marriage, do you really think such men have any credibility.

Originally posted by mad_cap

It appears that most are blaming divorced/widowed women for breaking someone else's family. I have a question. Don't you people think it is utterly wrong for a married man to start a relation with such a woman? Don't you think that such men are to be blamed more? If they can break their own marriage, do you really think such men have any credibility.

i totally agree with u here.the men if i may so, r alwez the cause of problems and often create probs-so there'a no point talking abt their mistakes but a woman must also bcareful not 2 break ny1 else's house...if she also is indifferent 2 this,then what's the difference b/w men and women