Mythological Masti

|| Pearls of Wisdom || - Page 2

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
 ---- Pearls of Wisdom ----

Friends this thread is to Share Inspirational, spiritual, motivational quotes and also stories of God.

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...PARiNA... thumbnail

Memo From God

Date: Today
To: You
Subject: Yourself
Reference: Life

This is God. Today I will be handling ALL of your problems for you.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, DO NOT attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

Just think -

If you find yourself stuck in traffic, don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

You have a bad day at work; think of the man who has been out of work for years.

You despair over a relationship gone bad; think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

You grieve the passing of another weekend; think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

You notice a new gray hair in the mirror; think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

You find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

You find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!
muffins2waffles thumbnail
This is a beautiful topic Parina :) I enjoyed reading your post. It was very inspirational.

I'll come back with more, but my favorite quote is "Even science and reason have faith, because you have to believe it"
.anishaa. thumbnail
Wow! Thank you for posting this Parina, it's very encouraging and uplifting.
Although I don't have anything at the moment to share, I will be back with something inspirational 😃
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

Great topic Parina and I loved your post, it was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!😃

Aishi- love your quote!

Let me share two of my fav quotes with you all:

"The formless Absolute is my Father, and God with form is my Mother."

"God reveals Himself in the form which His devotee loves most. His love for the devotee knows no bounds."

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome topic! Yes, it is very much necessary to not take everything we have for granted and think of those who have less. We will have more to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!
...PARiNA... thumbnail
THANKS EVERYONE !! 😃
i hv few more to share .. i'll post it soon :)

This content was originally posted by: Vedo

Great topic Parina and I loved your post, it was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!😃

Aishi- love your quote!

Let me share two of my fav quotes with you all:

"The formless Absolute is my Father, and God with form is my Mother."

"God reveals Himself in the form which His devotee loves most. His love for the devotee knows no bounds."   👏 👏 👏 excellent 

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

Ok so I know this topic is for inspirational stories & quotes but I was going through my music today and found this old Hindi song that I think ties in with Parina's post beautifully so I decided to share it.

The lyrics were beautifully written and also performed by Kavi Pradeep.

doosron ka dukhda door karne wale

tere dukh door karenge Ram

kiye jaa tu jag mein bhalai ka kaam

tere dukh door karenge Ram....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH64cy1_5N0[/YOUTUBE]

...PARiNA... thumbnail
@vedo : its really nice !!! 
...PARiNA... thumbnail

What Happiness means to u?
from my blog

Happiness... for me 'It is a feeling of inner peace and satisfaction.'

Everyone wants to be happy.. all of us seek happiness in life, in different way ... say it in money, success, status, recognition ... more ... Unfortunately, many people never reach the level of happiness they desire. God has given happiness to everyone. It is our attitude that makes us feel happy or unhappy.

I agree, we have different situations during the day, and some of them may not result in happiness. Its upto us to think about the unhappy events or instead cherish the happy moments.

Here are few lines i found

' "Sad people should try to increase the frequency of positive emotions in their lives by doing things that make them feel happy, even temporarily," said Prof Lyubomirsky.

But there is a caveat: your happiness boosters should not be dangerous, like driving fast, or counter-productive, like eating lots of chocolate.

If you can raise your spirits, the benefits can be manifold. "Happy people are more likeable and more sociable. They are also better able to cope with stress and likely to be healthier and live longer."'

We always blame on situations or other people if we're not happy. Your happiness is your responsibility. You can decide to be happy.

With that in mind, here are few ways to find happiness in life:

1) Always look at the bright side. The mind may drag you to think about negativity and difficulties. Don't let it. Look at the good and positive side of every situation.

2) Think of solutions, not problems.

3) Stop comparing yourself with others

4) Count your blessings.

5) Try to devote some time to reading a few pages of an inspiring book or article.

6) Watch your thoughts. Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, start thinking of pleasant things.

7) Always look at what you have done and not at what you haven't.

8) Each day do something good for yourself... eating something you love, watching you favorite program on TV or going to a movie.

9) Each day do at least one act to make others happy. This can be a kind word, helping your colleagues

10) Always expect happiness.

11) Do not envy people who are happy. On the contrary, be happy for their happiness.

12) Associate with happy people, and try to learn from them to be happy.

14) Smile more often.

15) Find your inner Voice.

..............Well im posting it but still far in applying them.