Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rjorge thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Laila2009

Should be invited back to her role as Nanni. I simply do not think the new choice looks right for the part nor does she deliever it as well as Sudha did. The part was so well written for Sudha. She looked right for the part. The new actress is too tall and larger framed that she pratically looks odd in comparision to her daughter and granddaughter. She is also missing that dynamic facial presence that Sudha brought to the screen. Her comic timing is missing. I think she is illsuited for the part and hope that the writers think of finding someonemore suitable for the part. She is not theright one for me.

Plus the woman whoplays Gauri's mother really needs to take some acting classes. She lookslike she has gaseverytime she looks distressed. Plus her lines are delievered in this monotone and flatsound.

Binny also has to do some work (yes, Binny fans out there). She really has to work on those facial expressions. At times they do look forced as does Additi Gupta's expressions. Plus Binny is WAY to short for IQ. Poor guy has to bend over in ever scene so they can be in the same shot. Must be torture on this back and Binny's neck. Binny would never have been my first choice for Gauri. She's not even "pretty" and the people are doing little to make her look attractive. If she is supposed to be beautiful - as Rudra says - she definitely does not strike me as such. Cute maybe but not beautiful. If they want her took WOW and have Rudra fall for her lookwise,the production teamneeds to give her a make over, up-date her and this includes a new hair do and better make-up. I simply don't want to see a change of clothes and Rudra going WOW as he did last time.

I have to say all these women need to pay attention to Aruna Irani and the actress who plays KetkiBhabi.KB has turned out to bea very good actress. She speaks well - herdialogue delievery and facial expressions are in sync with each other. I wouldn't have minded her in the lead role - she is simply adorable to look at.

Yep, we've got quite an array of actresses on this show - and admist this group is IQ whom I have to say is the one who holds this show together. Replace him and you've lost Rudra. I don't think anyone would be able to give this character justice. He is quite a jerk but at the same time you can't help but have a soft spot for him and even fancy him - or is it IQ we fancy? Mmm,,,,what say you?

shumna thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Binny is adorable for the part....Pihu as the beauty without values and gauri, beautiful from inside is the theme I think. Binny fits the role perfectlty and I can't imagine anyone else being able to do justice to that role. So for me its binny for the part.

The height difference makes the pair look more attractive and real.....perfect looking couples tend to make the drama's look more unrealistic.

evasumi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Laila and Genifan:

I think You two are too criticle of the cast of the show.

Every time I encounter your posts you always have to say some negative stuff about the actors.

One needs acting lessons and one needs to correct the posture....

Let me ask you one thing are you guys some kind of director or some kind of body language critics that you have audacity to critisize in such language that it hurts people even to read it!!!

Binny Sharma is doing a phenomenal job as Gauri and that proved with the award she got as the new comer..   So hope that has made you eat your own words about her.

Samta Sagar is a great actress and a performer and you have no idea what caliber she has.  So I think without knowing the caliber of an actor it is not right to give adverse comments about them in such a diminishing way... 

You can evaluate the character but to make adverse comments for the actor is against the IF rules

Edited by evasumi - 13 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: evasumi

Laila and Genifan:

Every time I encounter your post you always have to say some negative stuff about the actors.

Let me ask you one thing are you guys are some kind of director or some kind of body language critics that you have audacity to critisize in such language that it hurts peole even to read it!!!

Binny Sharma is doing a phenomenal job as Gauri and that proved with the award she got as the new comer..   So hope that has made you eat your own words about her.

Samta Sagar is a great actress and a performer and you have no idea what caliber she has.  So I think without knowing the caliber of an actor it is not right to give adverse comments about them in such a diminishing way... 

You can evaluate the character but to make adverse comments for the actor is against the IF rules

Absolutely agree with every thing you said .Well-said. I'm amazed that some people still has the audacity when their every words beat dust. Binny proved what a mind blowing actress she is. And, Samta Sagar is well-known for her superb acting. She never sits in home for a day, new offers are always heaped on her lap. And, Binny has created wide spread stirring by her veteran-like acting.
Rjorge thumbnail
Originally posted by: nycsweetie

i agree with ur post

Rjorge thumbnail
Originally posted by: -JONAKI-

I also find the new Nani very raw compared to Sudhaji.Sudha Chandran was perfect for the role and nobody can not replace her.This new Nani doesn't impress me at all.

Gauri's mom really needs acting class(no offence).She is very boring to watch.
AG is perfect for the role of Pihu.She is doing complete justice to the role of Pihu.But she is given very little screen space and that is why we are not able to connect with her sometimes.
Trishika(Bhabi) is a very good actress.She has a very huge part in the show.
Binni is a very very good actress.From the first day i am finding her very natural.She has no uncomfortableness and unease.She never seems like a new comer.Prachi Desai and Binni Sharma are two actress who never seemed new to me.
I find binny very very attractive.Her eyes and lips are her plus point.But yes the height difference is a big flaw.
MIK is the best actor of Tellywood.No need to comment on him.

ramas thumbnail
Originally posted by: genifan

Additis expressions are never forced but its how she has to deliver it  pihu is not at all easy to play and there is vast difference between pihu and any other character on this show   

binny is uncomparable to Additis talent
Binny is unbearable to watch  she is new comer and dont know anything about acting but what about her body language and mannerisms they are horrible  binny should try to stand and walk like a girl if not act,  which none expects either.  looking at the person in front of you and reciting sentences is not called acting binny is all set to ruin this show with her talent and acting skills there is not a single scene in which she has got into her character
replacing diector is easy but how many will they replace is worth watching
binny getting a show will never work for did in coming years
zee tv shouldnt have compromised on the lead of such a promising show
zeetv and did sucks

why are you comparing 2 actresses which is not allowed by IF rules Plz .be aware of that.
sangini dev Team
Rjorge thumbnail
Laila, genifan, nycsweetie and Jonaki,

After reading your posts, I am very concerned about the future of India Forums .. if bunch of critical and unhappy members like you
regularly participate in discussions conducted by the intelligent members of the forum .... how can that forum survive .. I saved your posts in this thread without comments just so you do not alter or erase your nasty posts as I intend to report you to the moderators as you did not follow the forum rules by indulging into bashing and attacking the artists personally.

My perception after reading your posts is that members like you should be banned from IF because you will always be critical of these hard working artists ... your ban from the forum will save members like me
from reading your ridiculously analyzed senseless critical posts ... please note that members like me prefer to encourage the talented artists by being positive about their work as I know they perform in the manner they are asked by the director of the show.

For your information:

Samta Sagar who was addressed by you as the "lady who plays Gauri's mother" .. in personal life Samta ji
is a dignified beautiful lady and holds a Masters degree in Philosophy and her father was a renowned writer, she is very humble, sweet, down to earth and helpful individual and is a great poetess... professionally she is a very seasoned and highly sought after actress ... according to you she needs acting classes ... well if that was the case she would not be working in Sangini and would not be a part of the industry for the past 20+ years and not only that she works in soap operas she has also done theater, and only the talented ones can do both ... in America, where I am coming from, she is very popular and loved by Indians living in America for her work ... I got the above information about her after reading her interview published in a prestigious American paper ... I bet after this you have nothing bad to say about Samta ji.

Kunika Lal is the actress who plays the role of nani ... she is one of the most talented actresses in the industry ... if after Sudha ji anyone could play the role of nani it would be Kunika ji and for your information majority of viewers don't care how tall or short she is.

Binny Sharma she is not only beautiful but is a very sweet person, I have only read good things about her from the media articles..being a very new entry to the industry she has proved to be among the best ... not only that she is a graceful dancer, there is no doubt that she is a magical actress...the way she projects comfort in the scenes she plays in the presence of senior actors is just remarkable .... her recent award said it all about her talent.

I am sorry to say but you do not know where these talented artists are coming from so back off and do your research prior to bad mouthing these talented artists and keep your critical senseless and baseless views to yourself as I refuse to share them.

Edited by Rjorge - 13 years ago
Rjorge thumbnail
Originally posted by: ramas

why are you comparing 2 actresses which is not allowed by IF rules Plz .be aware of that.

sangini dev Team

Thanks ramas ...
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: evasumi

Laila and Genifan:

Every time I encounter your posts you always have to say some negative stuff about the actors.

Let me ask you one thing are you guys some kind of director or some kind of body language critics that you have audacity to critisize in such language that it hurts people even to read it!!!

First, I didn't see anything negative in my post. I spoke frankly about the show - my likes and my dislikes which do not match with yours. And yes, I do have experience in the field of acting and directing but even without it a person can see things that are amiss with a typical India show.

So you are hurt by the comments, Eva? Goodness what are you and others going to do when you read critical analysis of your favorite movies, shows and articles about favorite stars? Will you shut down all modes of communication and assign yourselves the roles of dictorships and mind control authorities? 😕 You think by shutting me down you've saved your show and all things about it?

And so what if Binny won a Zeetv award?  As if this is an award that measures acting talent - it's not like the Oscars, the Bafta or something you get from Cannes. It's popularitiy competition and by no means has any real basis on the acting skills. She was bound to win for the "new face" - it's not even an award that looks at acting. As for the other actress, no, I am not impressed. Not in the slightest.

It seems to me you are not very tolerant of any viewpoint unless it favors the show, and my "adverse" comments are not of your liking hence the reason you feel comfortable using "IF rules"  to protect your favourite stars. You can't deny it. I do read the posts here.