Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: chinnu_manikyam

This topic is about our two great epics. Bharat is famous for its great tradition and philosophy. Our two great epics play an important role in the day to day life.

How these two epics are related to your life? 

Both the epics have become part of the daily life and hopefully they will remain part of life forever. By God's grace.

Which one is your favourite? 

Ramayan undoubtedly by far. Because each and every character is great in itself. It teaches idealism in positive sense. It can make us feel devotion more than the other epic IMO (And also because of my journey of life chronologically - I have seen Ramayan serial plenty of times since childhood with emotions of childhood but watched Mahabharat just a couple of years ago and also read Geeta at the age of 19 straightaway). In Mahabharat, Shrimad Bhagwad Geeta only is my favourite. I am as much devotee of Geeta as of Ramayan. Other than Geeta, I like only those parts of the story which feature Krishna's presence, Krishna's sentences, Bheem's actions and Vidur's theory. Otherwise I am not very much interested again & again in Kaurav-Pandav family politics, Hastinapur story characters and least interested in Kurukshetra war part after Bhagwad Geeta.

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty?

Geeta. I haven't read any of the epics fully but have watched only the serials. And even in difficulty times, I think over Geeta and serial characters rather than reading anything. It is not that I read when in difficulty but I process in mind at times of difficulty whatever relevant comes into mind because of continuous study of Ramayan and Geeta. Mahabharat is good for debates. But for uplifting self in terms of sacrifice and greatness and for getting anything inspiring, Ramayan (And Geeta verses) is my first & foremost choice.

Today it came to my mind that I couldn't post in this thread earlier due to some busy schedule on the day when I saw it. I finished therefore my pending work today. Happy new year Chinnu and all the members. Now your view.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago