Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys,
here's a touchy topic.  I know this isn't mythological but its about these worshipers called the Aghori's.  To be honest I didn't know of their existance until early this year when I watched Raaz 2 and the subtitles read cannibals for aghori's... me thinking that hindus were vegetarian I was like..erm W*F? yeah so I did alot of googling and found out that these worshipers are all about Shankar bhagvaanji and they worship in a different kind of way which really brings them to a level of percieving the world as God's creation so no one should be having any disgust or love towards anything..basically have an equality thinking for all things (and seriously i mean e v e r y t h i n g)

alot of the things they eat make my want to puke b/c to be honest I don't think I can eat alot of what they do.  But for them they are eliminating all the 'ewwww...thats gross' from their system and taking in everything...

Do read up upon them and share your thoughts about it.

For me atleast I was at first disgusted at the entire process of these ppl and the things they do (ie read about how they 'do it' ) also not only that but the things they eat and their way of life seem contradictory (read: alcohol) ..but after a while I kinda am sort of on a fence about them because I respect that they go through what they go through but on the other hand I am a bit iffy on the tantrics that they are said to perform

Oh and if you have any more info or insights do share! I really think this is an interesting topic and I know its very much hushed hushed in India since ppl either dislike them totally or don't care about them..but since I never knew baout them I would loovvvee to learn more!
muffins2waffles thumbnail
I'm like, loving all your topics, lol :p

I heard about this somewhere! It's really interesting in a gross kind of way. I mean, I know I shouldn't say this, but I feel they are taking God's name in a bad way.

I also heard that they eat corpses of humans raw :p
apothecary thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I did not even know such a group/class existed before you posted this cuz I haven't even watched raaz.

So I read the information they had on wikipedia (I love wikipedia as much as my professors hate it🤣)
oh yes aghori, I was first shocked when I read about cannibalism in your post, yes, not all hindus are vegetarian but eating humans??
I am just shocked because wikipedia mentioned that they eat dead people (to the extent of obtaining from cremation grounds) and they still go on to call it 'vegetarian meal W*H?? Oh, not to mention that they hold shiva responsible for everything including thoughts.

I don't know what to say because I never knew about these people and do they still like live in India?? I am intrigued....will try to see if I can ask someone about this..

oh apparently, they have even been mentioned in a few movies😕
Edited by anchal2 - 13 years ago