Game of the Week: Name that Character!!! - Page 91

Posted: 12 years ago
Shot by two warriors of opposite side, hmmm tough
Vyasa.  'Shot by' the Brahmashira of both Ashwatthama & Arjun.  

What was the sinful act, though?  Him consumating Ambika, Ambalika & Ambika's maid, or him sheltering Ashwatthama after the carnage?
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Vrish,

You are close. Very close. In fact the right answer is embedded somewhere in your answer...Give it one more 'shot'...

Well, the actual answer I was thinking is "Brahmashira Astra" itself.😆

I know all of you wold have been thinking of a human, rather than a thing,...

... but before all you start throwing rotten tomatoes at me , I would like to offer in my defence -

1. I had written "Shot By"...not  "Shot at by"...
  2. Moreover in my last line had written "think of every thing."

Thousand apologies, friends , for having misled all of you. 😒  

Thought it would be a fitting end to a great game . Thanks Lola, for having started it. 

BTW< why should there be no Part 2?

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
Not at all Varaali. You didn't mislead anyone at all. On the contrary, you gave so many clarifications and further hints. It was the fault of the readers. All of us. Thinking had to be out of the box. The questions of weapons have been asked before and in our mythos too, Divyastras are not much different from Devtas like Sudarshan for example which even incarnated and it also circled around Lakshman. A masterpiece undoubtedly.👏 When the people trying to solve the answer have the expression "Oh no!" rather than "What's this?" when they get the correct answer, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the question. My expression was the former. However, I was confused about the word 'Either' I must admit. Initially I interpreted it like you and Vrish did. Either side means each side. Different sides. But then when it was not fitting with Ashwatthama, I was forced to interpret it as alternative sides. Two warriors of any 1 side. Either Pandava side or Kaurava side. But then I was not very sure because Ashwatthama must have been shot arrows at by few more people than Arjun and Abhimanyu like Dhrishtdhyumn and Satyaki for example. And yes. I never noticed the missing word shot AT. Also I didn't try much to go deep into the word 'everything' to be 'every thing' with the space in between which you wanted to convey.

And also I agree. There is no reason why there shouldn't be 2nd part of this. But I think all are looking for something different now. Some variety for a while. There can be 2nd part of this even in future also because otherwise if we start now, then there will be too many sticky threads or Lola will have to frequently keep on changing them.

Nandini

Thanks a lot for your appreciation. We (I and Aishu) actually really enjoyed to discover the possibility of team work in this game. One can send name suggestions in PM. Other can form and send the clues in PM. The first person then will guess and then will say how far the clues were correctly worded and hard and which clue was easy and led to the solving and which clue was tough and which clue can be changed or made more tough how.

Janu

Ha ha ha. No no. Pandu was just a mistake in hurry because you would first think about Ambika and Ambalika with their first linking with their sons psychologically. My mind started with Shikhandi, then went to Amba, then to Ambika/Ambalika and then to Dhrit/Pandu (and Pandu being father of only few sons and having Shishupal as nephew) I just stopped over there rather than going further one step to daughter in law of Ambalika because Draupadi was daughter in law of Pandu too.😆 But as soon as I posted and saw your post of Kunti, I realized my mistake immediately and always knew you to be correct. But since I never thought about 1st clue and 2nd part of the 2nd clue (about nephews), and due to connectivity problem and therefore hurry, I kept on guessing the correctness of your answer 😆 and possibility of other answers since Vrish gave additional clue after your answer (obviously he must not have seen your answer and must have posted parallel) and didn't confirm your answer to be correct by then.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
varaali lovely clues

And there is no reason why we should not  have a part two😃

Lola can we have a part 2 of this lovely game please?😊
Hey all! Thank you so much for keeping ths game so active, interesting, and informative. I learned so much here that I didn't know before thanks to all the knowledgable clues! A new game thread is coming right up - not the same one, but I hope it will take on the same qualities with you guys' help. I'm not home at the moment so can't create it myself, but it is being worked and I will make it sticky as soon as it's ready.

@ Varaali and Nandini - yeah, sure we can have a sequel to this running parallel to the new game, I don't see why not! Just that I will make that one sticky and keep this a regular thread to spice things up. I can create it tonight, like 7-8 hours from now, or one of you can take the liberty. Just include the link to this thread in the first post so there aren't too many repeat clues, please.

Thanks again, closing this thread now to make room for the new one.