Fan Fictions

FF (Shiv-Gauri): The Oldest Story... -pg. 140, 142 - Page 49

Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Please update soon....waiting......n waiting....n waiting.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kyphfanz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
any chance of an update, devi ? :)

Chapter 26:  The Arabian Nights…

He didn't know what woke him up, but when he checked the bedside alarm, it read 4 am.  He looked at the bedspread and realized that he was still in the joint bedroom, but Gauri was not in bed with him. He sat up to rub the sleep from his eyes and saw that she had fallen asleep by her laptop, dressed in another one of her long nightgowns with the thin straps, this time blue – how many colors did that thing come in anyways – her head resting on folded elbows, turned away from him, and her long hair falling to the side, almost like a curtain.  He got out of bed and walked up to her.  He couldn't tell if she had fallen asleep like this because she had been working on a paper or because she just didn't want to get into bed with him.  He moved the laptop out of his way and picked her up in his arms to carry her to bed.  He lay her down and she went easily, snuggling into the pillows and quickly getting under the comforter.  She must have been cold during the night.  They really did need to do something about these sleeping arrangements.  He couldn't forever keep going into his room in the middle of the night and sneaking back in at the crack of dawn and she couldn't forever fall asleep in a chair next to her laptop just because he fell asleep on the bed. 

He walked into the shower and turned the water on before he allowed himself to think about the real issue; something that he had avoided thinking about at length in the three months that they have been married.  They had both been riding high on emotions that first month, just getting used to being in each other's space and trying to not bite each other's head off.  They hadn't the time or the leisure to consider a forever-after scenario.  He still couldn't believe that they were really married.  He was surprised that she did not give any indication that she wanted to back out of it.  Given that she was Gauri and that she found herself married to him, he would have thought for sure that she would have found some way to get out of it.  And where did her idiot of a fianc disappear to?  Was she waiting for him to come back?  It had been easy to ignore all such concerns before, when he hadn't known that she wasn't as immune to him as he had initially thought.  And even after, when it was just the passion and the yelling, he could still allow that it wouldn't ever go past a certain point physically – that they would both stop and pull back.  But now that he knew she could maybe soften towards him – something he'd never thought would happen – he didn't know what to do.  If Gauri yielded to him, he knew he would never be able to stop himself.  He would probably keep her in bed for the next two millenia before letting her out.  Which all brought forth all sorts of complications, the first being the really fundamental one… how real was their marriage?  What was the reason that she had married him?  And it was only a matter of time before she found out why he had agreed to marry her.  And he knew, if there was any emotional involvement at all when all the cards were revealed, the reactions on both of their parts would not be kind… he knew the type of that woman she was...  She didn't give her affections easily, but when she did, God help the man who thwarts her.  And the last thing he wanted to do, even inadvertently, was to make her regret that she had allowed herself to feel for him.  Women couldn't generally – despite however ardently they claimed otherwise – separate sexual intimacy from emotional intimacy.  And as tough as Gauri came off as, she was no different.  If he took her virginity at some point – and he was sure that that fool Shashank wouldn't have had the guts to even try, and if he had, Gauri wouldn't have agreed to marry him in the first place – then there would be no going back.  And then all sorts of emotional turmoil would set in, and it would be easy to forget that they had not married each other willingly in the first place.  And every truth that was revealed after that – not matter how benign – would somehow be seen as a purposeful betrayal, when it really was no such thing to begin with.  With any other woman, he knew that he would be able to mollify and soften and seduce with just a little effort.  Gauri, on the other hand, would run so far from him that he knew that it would take him several lifetimes to find her again… she was such a persnickety little thing…. 

He toweled himself off and walked out into the room and saw her mumbling something in her sleep.  He walked over and sat by her on the bed to listen to what she was saying.  He couldn't hear her and so he leaned closer.  And now he could hear her soft voice calling out, "Ammi… Ammi…"   That was what she had called her mom when she was much younger… and he had always made fun of her saying that only babies called their mothers such baby-ish terms; she had cried and beat on him, but had then started calling her mother "Amma".  He smiled as he thought of what a monster he had been and gently stroked her hair back now.  Apparently, not gently enough, because she jerked up in bed, bumping his forehead with hers.

"Dammit Gauri!" he yelped, rubbing where she had hit him. "Your skull is like a rock!"

She didn't appear to be in pain at all and actually brought her hands up to rub his forehead.  "That's what happens when you startle a girl in bed!"

"I can assure you, when I startle a girl in bed, she is usually very happy to pull me into bed with her.  Not head-butt me!"

"Well, the world is filled with silly twits…" she made to get out of bed after she said as much, and he pulled her back. 

"Why didn't you come to bed last night?"

"I did!  See?" she gestured in an isn't-it-obvious-that-i-am-in-bed-you-moron way of hers.

"No, I carried you here a half hour ago.  You were sleeping sitting on that chair."

"Well, I must have fallen asleep in the middle of writing."

"Or, is it that you don't trust yourself in bed with me?"

After all that deep reflection in the shower, he was still doing it!  He was making suggestive remarks and not-so-suggestive suggestions to make her uncomfortable and him filled with heated thoughts.  He really didn't seem to have any inhibition where she was concerned.

"Shiv, please! Can you get over yourself?  You are not as irresistible as you seem to think you are. Really!" 

Of course he wouldn't resist that challenge and in the next instant, he leaned in to push her hair back and run his lips softly down the slope of her neck.  Her fists clenched in the answering heat that unfurled in her belly, a sensation that she was fast becoming familiar with whenever her husband touched her; nevertheless, she managed with some effort to keep her face impassive.  He finally stopped his preferred method of torturing her and looked up.  "You have convinced me that you are entirely impervious to my charms.  Which means that you have the full capacity to resist me should I ever try this again.  Which leads me to believe that I will no longer need to sleep in my room.  I can take up permanent residence in this bed, right beside you."

With that proclamation, he got off the bed to walk to the closet, all the while cursing himself for blowing all his caution to the wind in mere minutes and committing himself to exactly what his sound mind had told him not to do in the shower. 

She sat on the bed and felt a hundred thousand butterflies attack her insides as she thought of how she was going to fight off her husband night after night when he could easily wear her down with just a few kisses. 

"We have to be ready quickly, Gauri.  Today is the picnic with the Khuranas.  Your dad is going to be here in an hour."

She rushed off the bed and into the bathroom and told herself that she would worry about her one-thousand nights with her husband when the time came.  She would just have to be like Sheherezad and tell him stories to keep him occupied with less amorous thoughts…. 

------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
kellz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

me 1st 😃
That was amazing I'm looking forward to those one thousand nights
I love the Arabian Nights Story I hope GAuri and Shiv fall in love along the way somehow
Edited by kellz - 13 years ago
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that was just superb update....really loved it
MaankiMariam thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wonderful update...u somehow seem 2 outdo yourself each time devi...i cant even imagine what goes through your head when your writing....if u want u could send some of your imagination/inspiration in my direction because its something that i seem 2 lack 😃...this is for u 🤗 xxxx
wilddevil2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I luv d titles u choose

Awesome update but it kinda confused me. Shiv married Gauri coz of his parent's pressure or there is some secret or something?

Pls continue soon
FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
arabian nights my first book........i was thinking wether one of them wud wonder how they agreed to marry each other.....n now i have a update which shows what the mind thinks....decision made....... but get tossed the moment heart steps in...... INTERESTING
kyphfanz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
i'm curious why shiv married gauri? I hope its not like what was shown in the KAA serial.
LOved Maan's dilemma :)

This content was originally posted by: kyphfanz

i'm curious why shiv married gauri? I hope its not like what was shown in the KAA serial.

LOved Maan's dilemma :)

Maan?

P.S.  To tell you the truth, I have no idea why Shiv married Gauri in KAA... (oops...)
Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago