Fan Fictions

FF (Shiv-Gauri): The Oldest Story... -pg. 140, 142 - Page 38

smiliey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
wait....i didn;t understand...wat happened???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chapter 22:  Oh, What a Night!

He had covered her mouth just like this that night too.  She had been a feisty eighteen-year old and he had been a randy twenty-year old – well, she guessed that nothing had really changed in ten years.  She and Aradhna had been invited to the Formal at Shiv's college by two freshmen and Aradhna had been so excited because she had actually liked the guy that invited her.  Gauri hadn't wanted to let her down and so she had reluctantly agreed.  Her mother had made such a big fuss of it, insisting on getting a new lehenga rather than pulling out one of the many in her closet that Gauri had barely even worn.  And then she had been intent on going to Smitha aunty's house to show Gauri off in her "Indian-ness" as her mom had liked to call it, because Gauri rarely wore anything that didn't come in the stone-wash variety. 

When she and Aradhna had finally met up with their dates and reached the venue at which the event was taking place – it was in some fancy hotel that she frankly thought was the height of pretentiousness, but whatever - Aradhna had promptly deserted her with a great deal of apology because she wanted some alone-time with the dufus who was slobbering after her.  Gauri's date had looked at her with similar intentions and it had only taken one supercilious arch of her eyebrow – her patented not-in-your-wildest-dreams trademark – to clear him of all such misconceptions.  They had stayed on the dance floor for a while and after an hour and half, she had gotten bored out of her mind and had cried off saying that she needed to find the restroom, for an extended visit, but the last part she only said out loud in her head.  She had walked out of the ballroom and had wandered around for a bit before eventually climbing up to second floor.  It was even fancier up here, but with an element of restrain and class that was decidedly lacking in the ballroom downstairs.  The windows were about three times her height in length, almost spanning the entire expanse of the wall and it was divided at regular intervals by great sweeping tapestries for curtains that looked like they could make someone black out if they ever fell down.  Instead of hulkingly ostentatious chandeliers, the light here was much dimmer, emanating only from the wall scones mounted on either side of each window panel.  It all had a majestic feel to it without being grandiose and she felt dwarfed in comparison. 

She had been walking for only a few minutes down the endless hallway when the already dim lights went out altogether.  It had gotten dark outside an hour before; there was barely any moonlight and it didn't help that the carpets and the tapestries were all in dark shades.  She felt like she had stepped into a gothic novel.  She told herself not to panic and continued walking straight ahead, albeit at a much slower pace this time.  And that was when it happened.  Someone covered her mouth from behind and pulled her into one of the nooks created by the monstrous drapes. 

"Found you!" he said then, backing her against the wall beneath the now useless wall scone that was not letting him see that he got the wrong girl.  She was about to let him know that, but he was still covering her mouth.  And then, before she knew what he intended to do, he moved aside the dupatta that was covering her belly and his hand stole under the blouse of her lehenga to stroke her waist.  She was so surprised that she could only gasp.  He took his other hand away from her mouth and brought it to the back of her head to tilt it back so that the long line of her neck was by his lips.   When he trailed his lips along that line next, her body caught on fire and she felt like there was steam rising from each inch that bore his mark.  She raised her hand against his chest to push him away, but he caught her around her waist and pulled her closer to him so that she was pressed up against him.   

Maybe it was the cover of darkness or maybe it was because he thought she was someone else or maybe it was because it was a moment in which she didn't have to be so unwaveringly herself… because instead of still trying to fight him, her head fell back to allow him better access.  His lips returned to resume its torture and she didn't even know that she was responding with any manner of vocalizations until he whispered by her ear, "I have never heard you make that sound before."  Her eyes snapped open and she made to move out of his hold once again, but he quickly pulled her back towards him and said in a husky voice that she had never heard from him before tonight, "I have also never known you to be so coy…"  Just when she was about to give herself away by retorting to that, he distracted her completely by pulling off a sleeve of her blouse to kiss her shoulder.  This time when she gasped, it was not just because of the tingles that shot down her spine, but also because it was so scandalous! And…  She didn't get a chance to finish her thought before he pulled her dupatta off and brought her neck up to his lips once more.  This time he sucked on the fragile skin right above her nape and the sensation was so exquisite that she held onto his shoulders to keep from melting to the floor in a hopeless puddle.  He raised his head from her neck then and held her up by her waist and she could feel him hesitate for the first time. 

"You are…" he started and she knew then, she knew that he had started to get an inkling that maybe he wasn't necking the hell out of his girlfriend.  This time she really did push him away and start to run, but he tried to grab on and the only thing he got a hold of was her dupatta, which was already half off of her body and easily pulled off in his grasp.  And her timing couldn't have been more, well timely…, because just as she ran from him and rounded the next corner, the lights came back on.

It was a good thing that she had worn a lehenga that night.  Even though it revealed a bit of her midriff without the dupatta, it didn't leave her entirely indecent and Aradhna bought the explanation that her dupatta had torn when it had caught on something during the power-outage. 

She had left the Formal soon after and had gone home and had gone to her room with barely a word to her mother.  She had taken off her lehenga and had stuffed it into the back of her closet where she never wanted to see it again and had gone to sleep praying that she would never ever think about what happened that night ever again.  She was finding that there were so many memories with Shiv as a star that she never wanted to recall again… The next morning when she woke up, she had found a huge purplish mark on her neck that she had had to cover with a blob of concealer.  While she had been grateful that she had long hair to cover it, she had cursed Shiv for making it so that she couldn't put her hair up in a ponytail in the sweltering heat of Delhi for the next week.  She had found various excuses to not go to Shiv's house for a month after that and her mother had been cross with her, saying that Shiv wasn't the only one who lived in that house and that she was being childish in the extent to which she was taking her feud with Shiv.  She had let her mother believe that that was all there was to it…

Only she had known the full truth of what happened that night… and Shiv had been blessedly clueless… until now, that is…

---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
-Aicha- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
you ..um..are freaking amazing. gah woman! you have me hooked onto BOTH your ff's now, thanks! :P nah, i love them <3
Nanthini9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I think I missed something..how did she know it was Shiv? Was it by his voice?
This content was originally posted by: Nanthini9

I think I missed something..how did she know it was Shiv? Was it by his voice?

Yea... :)  well, more specifically, his draaawl ;)
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm.. So they both have garments stuff at the back of their closets.  Interesting.  Oh, the secrets our closets could tell...

Fab update my friend!  <slurp>  (That was me lapping up the update like the rabid fan I am...😆)

Another fantastic update Devi 👏

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
She was finding that there were so many memories with Shiv as a star that she never wanted to recall again… ....

Hmmm........so looks like you have more interesting incidents/stories waiting to be told :-)
This content was originally posted by: nikipuki

She was finding that there were so many memories with Shiv as a star that she never wanted to recall again' ....

Hmmm........so looks like you have more interesting incidents/stories waiting to be told :-)

well, they have known each other since they came out of the womb and have been fighting for 23 of those years...  it's a veritable feast of memories that I am sure is just waiting for me to dig in... 😉
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Gauri totally surprised me there, great work Devi