Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Chapter 12:  Blue

He watched the rerun of the same scene for the ten-thousandth time at the lounge/bar and felt nothing more that mild annoyance… there were two women dancing around him who did not seem to be able to read the disinterest on his face – he personally thought his expression was about as subtle as a Goodyear blimp, but hey, alcohol dulled the senses and Reggae increased libido, both of which were working against him today.  He wondered how long he can keep this up for.  Drowning sexual frustration in alcohol was never a recommended course of action, but when the woman in question was Gauri, who incidentally happened to be wearing a mangalsutr around her neck that he had tied… and spreading her lovely scent all over his bed night after night… well, alcohol really was the only course of action…  He needed to find another place to sleep, that really was what he should do.  Maybe sneak into his old room after his parents fell asleep and then sneak back into their room before they woke up.  What shit!! He was not doing that!  It's his house! He was not going to let her chase him out of their bedroom, especially now that most of his things had been moved there as well…

Druv came up to him now with drinks and watched the two girls dancing around him and raised his eyebrows.  Shiv rolled his eyes as he grabbed the drink from Druv. 

"You know, you should really think about bringing Gauri here." Druv said now, glancing around the wide expanse of the lounge.

"Oh yea!  That's a perfect idea!  This is really where I should bring her!  Maybe she can test the amount of bacteria on the bar counter-tops and tell women to stop grinding up against everything!"

Druv burst out laughing but then said, "I don't know… I have seen her dance, and she is not that bad."
"Come again?"  Shiv said, absolutely sure now that whatever drink that he was currently imbibing was making him lose his hearing.

"I ran into her once at a fine establishment such as this one… well, a little bit different from this one… it was before hours and it was a private party – a bachelorette party – and she was with a few of her girlfriends…  I didn't even know that Gauri had freaky friends… but you never know with these nerds.  Did you know that medical students are the freakiest of them all?  Of them all!  That statistic just blew me out of the water, man!  I should have gone to med school!"  Druv had gotten off on a tangent in his private fantasies now and Shiv cut in impatiently, "Druv!  What were they doing??"

Druv looked back at him with a smile and said, "Don't tell me I never told you this story.  It was only like a year or two ago.  I was dating that girl Nandini, who incidentally also knew this girl who was having the bachelorette party.  Yea, so evidently, the maid of honor, in her infinite wisdom – I think all girls should think like her – got this belly dance instructor to come and teach all the girls at the party some of the basics… I am telling you Shiv, it's like an art form!  I mean, the way they move their middle, it's like dislocated from the hips…" Druv got lost in his thoughts again…

Shiv snapped his finger in front of his friend's face, clearly this was a story that was bound to have a few of these tangents…  "Druv, how did you get in?? I thought you said that it was a private bachelorette party!"

Druv smiled now as he said, "I convinced Nandini to give me a brief peek.  She was so insistent not to, but I got my way in the end.  All I saw was the instructor showing a bit of the routine and asking the next girl in line to try, which ended up being Gauri…  What luck, right?"

Shiv felt a sudden urge to punch Druv in the face, so he turned around to grab his drink from the bar to keep his hands busy as he asked again, "What did you see?"

"Oh, just the basics.  Man, she was a natural.  Well, you would expect that I guess!  I mean, have you seen her legs?"

"You are talking about my wife! I recommend that you refrain from commenting on her legs!"  Shiv bit out, grinding his teeth.

Druv looked at Shiv in surprise now before he said, "Since when are you jealous?  And that, about a wife that you had to marry under threat!  And if I remember correctly from what you said at the wedding, this is a wife that you have no intention of bedding… and last but not least, no intention of being faithful to!  Let me know if I left anything out, my newly sanctimonious married friend!"

Shiv did not respond to Druv's tirade immediately; he has right of course.  What the hell was wrong with him! 

"Don't tell me it only took two weeks for you to fall for the girl!  So much for the 23 year old grand master of all feuds!"  Druv continued and this time, Shiv said, "Shut the hell up, Druv!" before leaving his drink and straightening up; he needed to get away from there.  One of the girls who had been dancing next to him took his change in posture to mean as an invitation and immediately came up closer to him to put her arms around his neck.  He was about to back off, but then was aware that his best friend was standing behind him watching and deliberately pulled the girl onto the dance floor with him.  She was not a bad dancer; she was quite good, in fact, especially all the ways in which she was able to undulate her body, but all he could think of was the image that had imbedded itself into in his mind when he had heard Druv tell his story… of his strait laced-nerdy-viper tongued-asexual-bombshell of a wife in harem pants and an ornate blouse with strange dangly things on it and a net veil covering half her face... Who knew he had such a vivid imagination

He looked at the girl who was currently trying to climb up his body like it was a beanpole; she was a tall one, but for whatever reason, that still didn't sufficiently keep his interest tonight, and it was all he could do finish the dance up without seeming rude and return to the bar.

"I am done for tonight!" he told Druv who was still standing there nursing his drink.

Druv did not reply and Shiv noticed that he appeared to be staring at someone in particular on the dance floor.  He followed his gaze and saw Neela on the floor with a few of her friends.  Ah.. so, that's the way the wind blew…

He slapped Druv on the shoulder and Druv looked at him, startled.

"I am off, Druv… You're on your own!"

"What? It's not even three in the morning yet.  I thought you had to stay out at least until four so that you can exhaust yourself enough to go and sleep in the same bed as your wife!"  Druv said now.

"You're an Ass, with a capital A! You know that?"

This time Dhruv smiled and said, "Yes, of course I do…  Go easy on her, Shiv.  Don't take out all your frustration on her.  For all that belly dancing and all, she is still an innocent…"

"What the hell are you talking about?  I told you! I have no such interest in her!  Don't bring it up again!"  Shiv retorted back. 

"Well, then you might want to ease up a bit on the possessiveness!  It's putting a serious damper on your I-am-not-at-all-attracted-to-my-gorgeous-wife routine!"

"Whatever" Shiv said as he walked away from Druv and out of the lounge; he had neither the energy nor the reasoning skills left tonight to formulate a good come-back for that.

When he got back home, he went to his old room and slept there for a few restless hours before sneaking into the bedroom where his wife slept.

He knew she woke as soon as he opened the door, but she pretended to still be asleep.  That suited him just fine.  Although, now that he thought about it, maybe she could do with a little torture herself… it seemed entirely unfair that he was the only one suffering through these tense and tormenting nights.  So, he walked over to his side of the bed and took off his shirt, which was shortly followed by the tank underneath…  he listened then and could hear that the pattern of her breathing had changed.   When he put his hand on the string of his pants, she stopped breathing entirely.  When he pulled on it, she finally sat up in bed and said, "Stop it!"

He looked up at her face in his best imitation of being oblivious and asked, "Stop what?"

"You can't sleep like that here!"

"Like what?"

She gestured vaguely at his clothes and said, "You have to leave them on."

"It's my house Gauri!  I will do as I wish!"

She got out of bed then and he watched as she quickly slipped into her slippers and started for the door.  He grabbed her before she reached it though and backed her against the wall by the door.

"Where are you going?"

She struggled against his arms and he moved in closer to keep her still, the satin material of her pajamas now rubbing against his chest.

"Shiv!  I would rather you not parade around half-naked in the wee hours of the morning!  It's uncouth!"

"Uncouth?  God, can you sound any more prudish?"  he asked, trying not to get distracted by the fact that he had her essentially locked in his hold while he was only half-clothed.

"Anything I say is going to sound prudish to your hedonist ears, you insensitive lout!"

"I don't know why you pretend to be so prim and proper when you know that's not what you are really like!"

"You're not making any sense now!" she said, trying to get out of his arms again.

"I don't know… I definitely think I remember hearing about you doing a little belly-dancing." He said now and she stopped struggling immediately, looking up at him.

"Where did you hear that?" she asked after a moment.

"I have my sources." He said and watched her wage a battle with herself trying to decide whether or not she should admit to it.  It was him and so, of course, she chose the lie as she said, "That's not true."

"Are you sure? I am sure that I can describe what you were wearing during this indecent exposure of yours…" he could do no such thing, of course, but she didn't need to know that…

She changed tactics quickly then, saying, "You know, you are home awfully early.  Are you running out of ideas to manipulate and take advantage of drunken women?"

The way she said it made him angry and he backed her against the wall more forcefully now as he said, "I neither have to manipulate nor resort to taking advantage of inebriated women!  They come to me in their sane and sober mind of entirely free will.  Which is more than what I can say about your supposedly sincere gentleman of a fiance!"

He knew it had been a low blow as soon as the words left his mouth and as he saw the expression on her face change.  This time when she pushed against him, he let go and said quietly, "I am sorry.  I didn't mean that."

She didn't bother to acknowledge that as she opened the bedroom door and walked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
cutiepie9512345 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
yay!! muah res

wow hes being all frustrated eh??
me likey!
thank u for the update!
umm....i wonder where our gauri will go??
and belly dancing wow shiv is prolly going crazyy!!
Edited by cutiepie9512345 - 13 years ago
blueangel1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Really really loving the story so far......just a quick ques., is the former fianc going to be making an appearance in your fic?
kellz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
shiv and gauri need to work it out
i love thier spats at each other but want to see a
passionate moment between teh two when tehy arent at eahc others throats
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
He apologized?!?!?!?!?!     Seems like our dear Shiv is having epiphany after epiphany about his lovely wife...  So when is she going to start to come to terms with her own buried feelings?  I'm sure she has them...

Love, love, loved the update!
nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Ok totally random question........ Doesnt Shiv work? How is it he can party every night till 3 and sleep in every morning?

shona2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice update! plz continue soon!
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that was awesome update....
loved it and do keep writing
This content was originally posted by: nikipuki

Ok totally random question........ Doesnt Shiv work? How is it he can party every night till 3 and sleep in every morning?

LOL.. patience dear...