Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Sur_Singhania

man....

who the hell does that?

Well, I did warn you that this dude is a Badass, with a capital B.  Fortunately, you know my girls, they never take shit lying down ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
yay!another update! u r spoiling me sri.. i hv gt my semester xams on tuesday nd here i am on IF checking if u hv updatd..lol
loved it as usual..
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sridevi27

Well, I did warn you that this dude is a Badass, with a capital B.  Fortunately, you know my girls, they never take shit lying down ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰

sigh
i would assign all the words to this BADASS that I-F objects to..
Go Gauri!!!
Nirjhor105 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
if gauri decides to kill shiv i may want to join her now😆.........he is being really mean and ......can't even find the right word. waiting eagerly for gauri's next step

i started to read love and despair last night... and i am still on part 4..........looking at the no of updates i think its going to take forever to catch up in that.
Edited by Nirjhor105 - 13 years ago
chubzy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
After readin ur update,my heart went zoooom!
kyphfanz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
lol im loving shiv's body usage :P the story is getting interesting..waiting to read ahead.
wilddevil2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update

I think Shiv is overdoing it. Having an inflated ego is one thing but behaving like a MCP is another.

After reading his claim of regretting leaving her last night I felt like murdering him.

Lets c whether Shiv makes gud his threat
Pls continue soon

P.S. Shiv's behaviour makes me wonder if his mom was partially right. His dislike for Gauri looks like UST😉.
nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Great start......waiting to get to to meat of the story.......
lovelycutietedy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
grt one............................

Chapter 9:  Of Legs and Moms

She dressed in casual jeans and a tee and went down to breakfast before he came out of the bathroom.  Mrs. Kapoor was in the kitchen when she got there and she went in to help her. 

"How was your night dear?"  Mrs. Kapoor asked as she turned back to see Gauri.

"Umm… it was fine auntijy…" she said as she went to get coffee. 

Mrs. Kapoor stopped what she was doing and turned around to look at her.  She waited a breath, looking as if she was preparing to say something and Gauri tensed thinking that she had heard the yelling between Shiv and her last night and this morning. 

"Gauri… I know that this all happened in a strange way… and that you are not exactly… fond of my son."

Gauri started to interrupt, but Mrs. Kapoor said, "Wait dear, let me just say it.  I know you will probably say that it's not true.  But I know, Shiv can be… what's the word that I am looking for…"
Gauri could think of several choice ones but she held her tongue for now as she waited for Mrs. Kapoor to continue.  When she did though, Gauri was surprised at what she said.

"I know he can be a real arrogant jerk to you Gauri… for whatever reason…  For my sake, don't hold it against him.  It's not that he doesn't respect or love women.  He does. But when he gets romantically involved, he finds women who are so easy with him and so forgiving… and he can get away with anything… and it's really spoiled him.  You are the only one who has ever been able to resist him, Gauri.  The only one who he wouldn't take lightly.  I can't tell you how glad I am that you married him.  I have always wanted you for myself.  I used to tell Neha that all the time, that she should give you to me for Shiv,  but then of course, we watched you both grow up not being able to stand the sight of each other, and we had to regretfully let our wish go… but, now I am selfish enough to be glad that you married my boy rather than the other one.  Does that make me awful?"

Gauri didn't know how to respond, but she felt those traitorous tears fill her eyes again for a brief moment at how easily Shiv's mother had reminisced about her mother, what they both had wished for, and Gauri felt an almost visceral need to see her mother, to talk to her...  She hadn't even had a good cry since her mother died…    

"Gauri…" she heard Mrs. Kapoor call and saw that she had moved closer to her.

"Would you mind calling me…" she hesitated again before asking, "…what Shiv calls me?"

This time the tears that had been brimming on her lashes did fall and roll down her cheeks.  Mrs. Kapoor came over to take her in a hug.  Physical affection did not come to her naturally, but there was something about Mrs. Kapoor that made her feel like there was still a part of her mother left on earth...  And she returned the hug.

"I might still slip up and call you auntyji sometimes… it will take some getting used to… to call you…mom…" she said now in a quiet voice.

Mrs. Kapoor rubbed her back as she sniffled and said, "That's okay…"

He watched them from the doorway; his mom was facing him, but had her eyes closed, while Gauri's back was to him.  He was only feeling marginally better since waking up this morning to her sonic boom of a gift that he was sure had split apart any part of his brain that had survived the amount of Bacardi that he had downed last night…  and then of course, she had stood there with that smug look on her face while he had felt as if his head was being whacked with an axe.  And that had done it, he had gone ape-shit on her, deliberately doing what she had asked him not to do under the threat of being murdered in his sleep.  He had had one too many threats dealt out to him within a span of 24 hours, starting first with his father yesterday morning and then her last night!   And he had had enough of it!   And then of course, he had run his hand up her long long swimmer's legs and he had momentarily forgotten what it was that he had meant to do….  Instead, he had remembered the other time when he had held her legs like that… twelve years ago, to be exact, when he had jumped into his pool not knowing that she had been there for a swim as well, and had bumped into underwater… literally.   His head had hit hers with such force that it had made her pass out and he had had to carry her out of the water.  He had laid her on the floor and had marveled that without the typical curses and diatribes that she reserved for him, she looked much different.  He had had to give her mouth-to-mouth to revive her, and had been so relieved when she finally came to, coughing up water on him.  But as soon as she saw him, she had kicked him in the stomach, yelling, "You almost killed me, you jackass!" and a few other epithets that were not fit to be mentioned again….  He had caught her kicking legs - her naked, incredibly long and beautiful legs – and had felt poleaxed that she – his mortal enemy #1 – had grown up to look like a siren… just to thwart him!  At sixteen, she had still been an innocent, but at eighteen, he had not been, and he had hated her in that moment for being so damn gorgeous.  She had pulled back her leg and had resumed kicking him and he had pushed her back into the water before grabbing his towel and walking away.  From then on, he had been careful to always check with his mom to make sure that she was nowhere near the pool when he went for a swim.  And then of course, God had developed a sense of humor and had made her his wife.  And now, he had to figure out how to share a room and a bed with her, keeping the secret safe that he had been lusting after his wife for twelve long years…  especially when she was so astonishingly unaware of him! 

He knew that he had been a royal jerk to her this morning.  Did he feel guilty about it?  Absolutely not… in fact, let her provoke him again, he would show her how dirty her husband could play this game…!

It might be a bit of an issue, he thought as he watched his mother and Gauri now, since his mother was clearly on her side… it was alright though… he was actually glad.  She needed some allies in this house, especially with him for a nemesis…

"We are going to the Khuranas for dinner tomorrow by the way" he said now, walking into the kitchen to grab some coffee.  His mother and Gauri let go of each other; his mother was smiling, while Gauri looked mildly embarrassed at being caught in a show of affection.  Oh that was right… she was not a girl who was comfortable with physical shows of affection.  That was definitely a weakness that he intended to capitalize on… she'll see…

"We are?"  his mother said before turning to Gauri to say, "You remember the Khuranas, right Gauri?  They have been family friends of ours forever and Shiv and Dev went to school together."

She knew of course.  Dev and Shiv had always been popular with the girls, quite the playboys in fact, and then Dev had gotten married, and she hadn't heard much about him after that.

She looked at Shiv now, as he walked around the kitchen grabbing this and that and then he came over to his mother and dropped a kiss of her cheek.  He was such a charmer, she thought, as she watched Mrs. Kapoor smile in pleasure.  It was so easy for him to make women swoon in joy, but at least with his mother, she knew that it was genuine on his end as well… it was clear that he adored her…  She thought that it was a good thing then that Mrs. Kapoor was on her side and said now with a smile, "I am looking forward to the dinner… Mom."

His head jerked in her direction and he said, "What did you call her?"

"MOM…  She asked me to call her Mom!"  she said, enjoying the jealous, possessive expression that came over his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago