FF (Shiv-Gauri): The Oldest Story... -pg. 140, 142 - Page 105

Posted: 13 years ago
Deviiii..

ugh. now i want another update :( but ahhhh me liked this update..and cannot wait for the next :D
Argghh!!! They might have reached their destination.....but my mind is going to into an over-drive now!!!!!!!!
Ah! again a cliff hanger.....whats with you and that ??
hmm....liked the update !
And since Araya is the same one from Love and Despair...do we get to see shades of Khurana Khandan in this one too ??? 😉
Gosh....anger/fights really bring out the very best in Shiv n Gauri... m already wondering wat plans Shiv has for Gauri 😳

Lovely update..
I hv a request, if by any chance u dnt hv any intention to give an update nearby soon, plz plz plz dnt give cliff hangers b'coz it leaves a very deliterious effect on me n m sure on othr readrs too. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Originally posted by chubzy

I hv a request, if by any chance u dnt hv any intention to give an update nearby soon, plz plz plz dnt give cliff hangers b'coz it leaves a very deliterious effect on me n m sure on othr readrs too. Ha! Ha! Ha!

haha....its so very true !!!!! Pls consider this request devi ðŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -shabnoor- - 13 years ago
Great update...

Wonder what Shiv is planning for Gauri ðŸ˜‰
Can we have another update???
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Chapter 45:  Wicker and Yarn

They walked into the house and she went into the kitchen with Shiv's mother.  She made a pretense of getting water from the refrigerator as she stuck around the kitchen.  Smitha aunty eventually bid her good night before walking up to her room.  Gauri stood in the kitchen for a few minutes trying to figure out what she was hoping to accomplish by standing there.  Like that day in the week following her wedding, she eventually decided to eat an apple by the sink, but unlike the previous time, Shiv didn't come into the kitchen to startle her or lick apple juice from her chin… she threw the apple-core out after she was done and washed her hands and dried them, making these simple chores extend into an eternity before finally making her way upstairs.  She knocked on their bedroom door and when there was no response, she opened the door.  He was not in the room.  After everything that she had done downstairs to avoid him, his unexpected absence in their room did not provide the expected relief. 

She closed the door behind her and walked over to the windows to open it a crack.  On the way there though, her sari caught on the jagged edge of a wicker basket sitting on a side table and it knocked over the basket and all the spools of yarn in it.  After the evening that she had had, this was the straw that broke the camel's back…  she gave a sudden cry of annoyance and kicked the basket before pulling off the tail of her sari forcefully – it clearly had no intention of staying in place, so she was going to help it along to a permanent fall! 

That's how he found her when he opened the bedroom door.  She was standing in the middle of the room with spools of yarn rolling about here and there, the long tail of her sari thrown off her body and dragging on the floor, her hands covering her face as she screamed a silent "aaarrgggghhh" into her palms. 

He closed the door behind him and she quickly lifted her face from her palms, appearing startled.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked now.

"I live here."  He answered as he walked into the room, picking up the yarn and the long needles that were in his way. 

"No, you don't.  You sleep in your room."  She denied heatedly.

"This is my room now. This is where I sleep, along with my wife.  Just because she PMS-es every other day doesn't mean that I vacate the premises immediately."

"I!@  I what???  What did you say?  That I am PMS-ing?"  She spat out in disbelief.

"Yes, that's what I would call it.  You are in a snit about one thing or other every other day.  It's frankly quite exhausting."  He picked up the wicker basket and put the yarn rolls back in it and placed it on the table.

She watched his motions with a jittery aggravation and said, "Who the hell told you to stay here and put up with the "snit" and the "PMS-ing?  As for being exhausted, the feeling is entirely mutual, I assure you!  So, why don't you save us both the misery and go somewhere else?"

He turned around to face her then, incensed.   "It's my house Gauri!  You don't get to kick me out of which room I decide to stay in!"

That declaration did not help in the least.  She seethed now as she bit out, "Of course it's your house.  It's not like women have a choice in these matters.  We get married and are carried off like chattel to someone else's house so that they can lord their dominance over you when the going gets tough!  You can stay in your house and in your room!  I can find another place to stay!"  she turned around from him towards the door and he noticed that she didn't even seem to be aware that her sari was still hanging off of her, dragging on the floor.  She was quick in her rush to get to the door, but he was quicker still and he caught her from behind before she could open the door. 

"Let me go!"  She struggled in his arms.  He held her tighter and picked her up to carry her to bed, but she fought harder and managed to slide out of his arms for a few moments, but he quickly pulled her back to him by grabbing onto the first thing that he could get his hold, which ended up being the edge of her blouse.  As he pulled, he heard a loud rip as the back edge of the blouse tore open.  He heard her gasp as she looked down and held onto the front of her blouse as the other hand snuck up behind her to grasp the edges that were gaping open now. 

Torn clothes was becoming a real problem for them!

He walked closer behind her and pulled her hand away.  She looked back at him, the anger still there in her eyes.  He took the edges of her torn back and pulled it closed once again, all the while looking at her. 

Her eyes changed then, just slightly, a bit disconcerted now.   But he did nothing aside from holding her blouse together where it had ripped open.  He guided her hand back and pressed her fingers over the rip in her blouse and then he let go.  There was no anger in her eyes now, just a strange unsettlement, and she turned around to face him, her hand still pressed to the back of her blouse. 

She didn't realize it but in all her movements, the trailing edge of her sari had twisted around her feet and she stumbled now as she faced him.  He caught her before she fell, her arms going around his neck.   Her blouse gave in one last time and gaped open, joining its comrades that had passed on before in all their ripped glory from the perpetual battle of wills and lust between this husband and wife… if the fabric had had the capacity for pondering its existence, it would have welcomed this opportunity to reach martyrdom, knowing that it fulfilled its destiny for a great cause…

He jerked her up in his arms, crushing her to him and finally said what he had wanted to say since he had walked into that room in Sarala aunty's house and saw another man touching her.

"I don't care which hellhole he crawled out of and I don't care what happened that prevented him from showing up to marry you, and I don't care why he has the nerve to show himself in front of you now, but I assure you, I will not give you a divorce.  And as you already know, this marriage has been consummated.  And given that there is no fraud, impotence, incest, previous marriage, or use of force or threats involved, you cannot get it annulled.  I hope I am making myself very clear!" 

He let go of her then and walked out of the room as she stood there against the wall, feeling the relief that she had expected before sweep over her suddenly…

---------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
Its a relief to me too! thanx devi 4 updatin soon.