FF (Shiv-Gauri): The Oldest Story... -pg. 140, 142

Posted: 13 years ago

Nov 2, '10

Hello readers,

Much to the dismay of my loved ones, rather than ending my crazed writing with the one and only FF that I have been writing like a maniac since July, I have decided to start yet another one (as you guys who have been following Love and Despair can already tell, it's just about wrapping up). Yes, yes, I am thinking of joining FA (Fan-fiction Anonymous) to treat my addiction, but while I ponder the merits of the 12-steps, I have decided to indulge in yet another one šŸ˜‰

This one is based on Shiv-Gauri, although really, it's just based on Iqbal Khan (who I have discovered is The Original Badass).   Okay, so, let me give you a visual..... (*sigh)

Please don't drool ladies... and for those who are not impressed... hmm... are you sure there is not an estrogen imbalance?  šŸ˜‰

So, aside from his physicality and charisma, I have borrowed several names and the basic premise of that show Karam Apna Apna... everything else is strictly flowing from my decidedly deviant imagination. Particularly the character of Gauri, who bears not an ounce of resemblance (except maybe her height ;) to the Gauri from the show.

I know some of you would prefer visuals, so here is one for Gauri...

That was a rather long-winded preamble.

I am going to update my PM list based on interest, so please hit the like button on the first post (the one that is my letter to readers, not the first chapter - on that one, you only have to hit like, if you actually like it ;) if you would like to be PM-ed about updates.

Thank you dears (particularly all those who have been so loyal to my Love and Despair - even through all the supremely racy parts ;)

Oh, and that's brings me to another point. I, obviously, have no problems with writing adult content, as you may have noticed ;) Unlike Love and Despair that started off with a steamy post, this one is not... but I would nevertheless like to warn those who do not prefer such content to avoid my writing. While my stories are not focused on love scenes per se, they also do not shy away from them. In this case, it would reallly depend on how Iqbal, I mean, Shiv,and Gauri feels šŸ˜‰

(P.S. please dears, do NOT read if you are below 21 or think that kissing is the maximum extent of your tolerance for physical relationships between the lead pair' I sincerely mean it' thank you)

**I do not own Shiv and Gauri Kapoor, the characters, - Karam Apna Apna (the show), Star Plus, Balaji Telefilms (and whoever else is involved) does.   However, The Oldest Story... is my creative work, and I request that you respect my rights over it.  Please do not copy or plagiarize my story in its entirety or in parts or post it elsewhere.  Thank you :)**

Lots of love,

Devi

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: At the Precipice... (just scroll down)
Chapter 2: ... to the Reception
Chapter 3:  A Bride and Groom
Chapter 4: The Beginning of...
Chapter 5: The Other Woman?
Chapter 6: Pehli Raat
Chapter 7: Pehli Raat - part 2
Chapter 8: There is always a Morning After
Chapter 9:  Of Legs and Moms
Chapter 10: Dinner at the Khuranas
Chapter 11: Dinner at the Khuranas - part 2
Chapter 12: Blue
Chapter 13: Of Rain and Robes
Chapter 14: Of Kisses and Dresses
Chapter 15: RED
Chapter 16: A Run-in With The Host
Chapter 17: Of Slits and Bets
Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Rated R
Chapter 19: A Memory in White
Chapter 20: A Brush with Tragedy
Chapter 21: Late December back in...
Chapter 22: Oh, What a Night!
Chapter 23: Dirty Laundry
Chapter 24: Late-Nite Studying
Chapter 25: Purani Love Stories
Chapter 26: The Arabian Nights...
Chapter 27: It's just a Picnic in the Park (cross-over with Love and Despair).  p. 70
Chapter 28: In Flagrante Delicto
Chapter 28: A Blast From the Past
Chapter 29: Involuntary Participation
Chapter 30: The Hours - Part 1
Chapter 31: The Hours - Part 2
Chapter 32: The Hours - Part 3
Chapter 33: The Hours - Part 4
Chapter 34: The Hours - Part 5
Chapter 35: The Hours - Part 6
Chapter 36: The Hours - Part 7
Chapter 37: The Final Hour
Chapter 38: Shaayad
Chapter 39: Song of Songs
Chapter 40: Relativity
Chapter 41: Bin Bulayee Mehmaan
Chapter 42: A Confrontation
Chapter 43: The Vixen
Chapter 44: The Ride Back
Chapter 45: Wicker and Yarn

Link to the second thread of The Oldest Story:

Link to my Maan-Geet FF (Love and Despair)
Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chapter 1: At the precipiceā€¦

"Gauriā€¦ Gauriā€¦" 

The knocking on the door was persistent and she clutched her stomach as she fought the sensation of rising nausea. 

"Gauriā€¦"

She looked up at the narrow window in the bathroom and wished that she could climb out through it, but alas, even as skinny was she was, she was not going to fit through that tiny hole. 

The jewelry and the make-up and the ornate sari that weighed as much as a small elephant, it was all too muchā€¦ she thought she would faint.

"Gauriā€¦"  A deeper voice said now, more softly, and she felt a flare in her belly.  It was her fatherā€¦ she knew he would never compel her to do this, even now she was sure that he was standing out there to let her know that they would find a different solution to the problem at hand.  That she didn't have to get married this way.  To a man who she disliked intensely and who shared the same feeling towards her. 

She took a few deep breaths and opened the door a crack to see her father's face.  "Yes babaā€¦" She said now, even though she could barely make her sound come out.  She cleared her throat and tried again and this time there was at least a squeak that came out.

"Betiā€¦ You don't listen to anyone else.  You don't have to do this.  Baba will figure something else out for sure."  As she watched him standing there trying to look brave, she took in his tired eyes and his graying beard and was once again amazed at how rapidly he had aged since her mother died a few years back.  Her heart broke as he looked at her with all the love in the world and somehow she felt the nausea recede and her spine get taller, the small elephant becoming a bit easier to bear.

She knew that she would do anything in her power to help him.  Anything at allā€¦ Even if it meant agreeing to this marriage with himā€¦ the arrogant, over-privileged, know-it-all jerk...  So very different from her sweet and caring fianceā€¦ well, she reminded herself that said fiance had disappeared into nothingnessā€¦

She walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom and grabbed her father's hand in hers.  She became distracted by the sight of the bridal henna climbing up her arms and recalled now how the mehndi artist had misunderstood the initials of her fiance and had written in the wrong one, which they had had to cover up by a design, abandoning the whole initials idea completely.  In hindsight, if someone had taken a baseball bat and knocked her over the head to say this-is-bound-to-get-screwed-up, it couldn't have been clearer, but then again, no one ever said that foresight is 20/20. 

She squeezed her father's hand to say now, "Baba, it's alright.  It's not like Shiv is a stranger. We have known his family foreverā€¦"

"But beti, you don't like himā€¦" her father said now, taking both of her hands in his.

"That's not true, babaā€¦" she lied easily now.

"Gauri, you are talking to me nowā€¦ there's no need to fib."  He countered.

"Babaaā€¦" she took on a somewhat exasperated tone before saying, "That's all for show.  You know how it isā€¦ He's very handsome, haven't you noticed?  And there are always girls after him.  So, all that fighting is justā€¦ what do you call itā€¦?"  She gestured with her hands, trying to give her best imitation of awkward shyness.   She thanked the Almighty when her father looked at her carefully and his mouth widened in a slight smile to ask, "Really?  All that fighting is just to mask an attraction.  Nothing more serious than that?"  He asked now, a new hope gleaming in his eyes.

"No, nothing more serious than thatā€¦" she petered off, not regretting this one more lie that made her father happy.

"Are you sure?" he asked now, some doubt lingering.

"Isn't he good-looking, Baba?" she asked him now.

"Well, yesā€¦" her father said, but then added, "but you have never noticed those things before, Beti."
"I haveā€¦ I just haven't let you know, Babaā€¦" she said now, thinking how true it was that you have to cover up one lie with a thousand others. Time to try a different tack then, one that sounded a bit more believable.  "And isn't he educated?" she asked her father now.

"Yes, but so are you.  You have a merit scholarship to start your doctorate in cell biology." he said, unable to keep the pride from creeping into his voice even at a time like this.

"Baba, I was not comparing my education to his, I was merely stating that he is well-educated himself." She said, while what she really thought was what a crime it was that Shiv was intelligent.  All those brain cells wasted on such an asinine barbarian.

"And it's clear that he loves his mother and brother, right?" she asked again and her father nodded more easily this time, but he then countered it with, "But it's a bit shaky with his father, you know."

Of course she knewā€¦ Shiv's father was a sweet, gentle man who had always been nice to her, so it only stood to reason that a willful jerk like Shiv would be on not-so-great terms with his father.

"Oh Babaā€¦ are you really trying to talk me out of marrying him?  What else should I say now?  My fiance is nowhere to be found, Baba. Do you want me to suffer this scandal, remain unmarried, and die an old maid?  And then you will never have any peace of mind, and you will worry constantly, and all the rest of your hair will turn white, and then people will say that you are my grandfather and not my father.  And then Ammy's spirit will come back to haunt you!" she said now, trying to bring some levity into a situation that in fact had no such inkling of humor at all.

Her father smiled a bit more widely now and she could tell that he really wanted to believe what she said.  She could almost spot the exact moment when he decided to invest in her lies.  He grinned wider.  "I am glad, Beti.  I always thought that Shashank was a bit of a softie for you anyways." He said now. 

He did?

"You did?" she asked in surprise.

"Yes.  I just didn't want to say anything, because you seemed to have your heart set on him.  He seemed more like an overeager puppy to me, ready to do all your bidding, you know."

Where was this even coming from?

"Except the most important one of all, Baba!  Like showing up to marry me!"  she said, some of her frustration slipping through in her tone.  Her father appeared taken back.  She quickly calmed herself and said, "Well, maybe you are right Babaā€¦ maybe he was too soft."

"Yes, you would have walked all over him!" her father added.

Okay, her father just didn't know when to leave well enough alone!

"Okay, Baba!  You have your wish granted then.  Because no one will ever accuse Shiv of being soft.  Ever in this lifetime or in the next seven!  So, thereā€¦"

"Betiā€¦" her father started again.  Gauri took his hands in hers softly, knowing what he was going to say, but not wanting to hear it.  She didn't want her father to apologize or tell her what he owed Shiv's father or why Shiv's father had suggested this option at the last minute when they had found out that Shashank was not going to show.

She wondered why it seemed that she was more upset about marrying Shiv than the fact that Shashank had left her high and dry on their wedding day. 

Was she really trying to divide her mental anguish into neat little categories?  That must be the first sign of losing one's mind, she was sureā€¦ besides, walking to face Shiv at the mandap was like getting dressed up to go get eaten by a shark.  Compared to that, how could she worry about the tame little goldfish that stood her up?

"Gauriā€¦" she heard her name again and turned to see Shiv's mother standing behind her. 

"Ready, Beti?" she asked.

She looked around for her father once again and seeing him talking to Shiv's father, she sighed in relief.

She could do thisā€¦ she just had to breathe in and breathe outā€¦ and just keep doing that until the whole day was overā€¦

Shiv's mother and aunts walked her over to sit her next to him on the mandap and for the fiftieth time, she wondered why Shiv's father wanted her to be Shiv's bride and how he had gotten Shiv to agree to this.

She had always had reservations about getting married.  Living with someone for a lifetime wasā€¦ well, a lifetimeā€¦ and she was a difficult person to get along with.  And thus, she had been happy when she had met Shashank.  He had never made any undue demands on her and she had known that he would be easy-going and not at all difficult to live withā€¦ and then she could have taken care of her father as well as she wanted toā€¦

Now, everything had changedā€¦ she felt a clenching in her stomach again and she tried to not think of what awaited her.

And then she didn't have to wait at all, because they were sitting her down on the mandap next to him. 

Her heart was beating a thousand times per second and her skin felt icy cold even with the fire in front of them.  

The ceremony startedā€¦.

She couldn't believe that it was actually happeningā€¦

There was only one brief moment when he was tying the mangalsutr around her neck when his sehra parted and she caught a quick glimpse of his expression.

He looked like hell warmed overā€¦ 

That made two of them.

She fingered the mangalsutr lying on her chest and felt as if she had just been shackled.  For life. 

To the son of Hadesā€¦

--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
reserved!

please add me to your pm lisst :) i like shiv gauri hehe and IQ as shiv so much, even though I didn't watch the show like youu šŸ˜†

*EDIT*

omg that was amazingg! you are an awesome writer and i cannot absolutely wait until the next part....o.O gauri having to lie to her dad and haha her dad making fun of her exfiance LMFAO. that was hilarious.. do continue with the next part soon! can't wait to see how this relationship progresses!

Cheers!
~Naina
Edited by Naina2127 - 13 years ago
smiliey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sridevi, i m so glad u writing Shiv n Gauri....it was one of my fav couple...i jus stopped watchin that show wen he got replaced.....hope to read it more...thank u
Originally posted by: smiliey

sridevi, i m so glad u writing Shiv n Gauri....it was one of my fav couple...i jus stopped watchin that show wen he got replaced.....hope to read it more...thank u

Thank you :)   I have to warn you though, Gauri's personality may be vastly different from the show ;)
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

well, sri a shiv gauri FF!!gr8!! I am one among the ppl who walked out on the show when Iqbal Khan left...i really liked him as shiv!! in fact i am a gr8 fan of him, and his kyph was my first ever hindi soap(or must say first ever soap. i never really cared about malayalam soaps)!!

well apart from all that, i really adore ur writing and i really look forward to reading it!!

Originally posted by: phoenixgirl

well, sri a shiv gauri FF!!gr8!! I am one among the ppl who walked out on the show when Iqbal Khan left...i really liked him as shiv!! in fact i am a gr8 fan of him, and his kyph was my first ever hindi soap(or must say first ever soap. i never really cared about malayalam soaps)!!

well apart from all that, i really adore ur writing and i really look forward to reading it!!

From what I have seen of Iqbal Khan, he is The Original Badass šŸ˜‰
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sridevi27

From what I have seen of Iqbal Khan, he is The Original BadassšŸ˜‰

šŸ˜ƒhaha... u r so right!and it kinda suits him too...šŸ˜‰ and it is what makes him so hotā˜ŗļøšŸ˜† His character Angad is still one of my favourites(and sometimes Maan reminds me of Angad a lot,especially wen hes being so aggressive with geetšŸ˜†)...hehe But i havn't got to watching his new show so don't knw wat his latest avtar is like...

-Destiny- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Devi continue soon yaar. M eagerly waiting fr u to post jur nxt

Lekha
Originally posted by: Naina2127

reserved!

please add me to your pm lisst :) i like shiv gauri hehe and IQ as shiv so much, even though I didn't watch the show like youu šŸ˜†

*EDIT*

omg that was amazingg! you are an awesome writer and i cannot absolutely wait until the next part....o.O gauri having to lie to her dad and haha her dad making fun of her exfiance LMFAO. that was hilarious.. do continue with the next part soon! can't wait to see how this relationship progresses!

Cheers!
~Naina

Awesome... I like readers with no preconceived notions ;)