Ashwini Kalsekar goes negative over again

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Good girl gone bad. Television actress Ashwini Kalsekar who is famous for her negative act Jigyasa of Kasamh Se is once again playing a negative role in Zee TV's historical saga Jhansi Ki Rani. Here she is playing the character of Hirabai. Ashwini Kalsekar gets candid.

Why did you choose to play Hirabai in Zee's Jhansi Ki Rani?
The character is a lot like me-blunt and honest, and yet extremely sensitive. What I liked about the character is that it is not the usual vamp role. The character suffers from a very natural human emotion of insecurity. Her negativity is her tragic flaw

This is the first time you are playing a historical character. How did you prepare yourself?
Honestly, I have not flipped through history books to find out about Hirabai. I am totally relying on the script. As an actor, my job is to play the part well. I am not trying to see whether the adaptation is real or not.

Did you intentionally choose a negative character?
You can say so. As it turns out, most of the exciting characters have a negative streak. With such characters, one has a lot more to offer. Every time I am on the sets, even the crew members wait for me to deliver something different every day. This moreover adds to the excitement to the daily chores.

You are well known film and television actress, what have you enjoyed most?
I have loved playing every character. My role in Kasamh Se got me an award and I got nominated twice in a row for my film roles. I loved being a part of the Golmaal team. I am looking forward to release of Golmaal 3.

You are a seasoned actor. How has the journey been so far?
I learn every day. Today, there are so many trained newcomers in television that even seasoned actors have to keep their act together. Now also I do get tensed during rehearsals.

If newcomers in TV act as inspiration, what is a seasoned actor's role on the sets?
Their job is to keep things uncomplicated and avoid controversies. Take for example, I insisted on sticking to the role described during the narration. I don't encourage back-stabbing and believe in healthy competition. Hardworking actors know that good work definitely helps in the long run.

On what projects are you working on?
I am shooting for a Telugu film, and it's exciting as for the first time, I am speaking and acting in a language which is unknown to me, then I am doing an Sahara One show Ganga Ki Dheej.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Ashwini-Kalsekar-goes-negative-over-again&aid=2254

hey tanya.......thnkx alot
really tired of this ek problem khatam to dusri shuru
hate the directors😡
No... Not again.Seems like Cv's have became🤪
sometimes she is positive....but  most of the time she is negative and against LB...are..bura math man na!!! heera ji....hum jo bhi boloom muhse hi boloom...aap irritating heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy