.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Rishi and Randhir Kapoor with Akshay on Master Chef India

celebrity guest enjoys with Host Akshay on Master Chef India, Randhir and Rishi Kapoor were one of the celebrities

Starting 16th of October, Star Plus unique culinary game show has more fun element in it . As the host of the show Akshay Kumar himself tries his hands on various recipes which were never introduced before.

Akshay Kumar usually cooks various dishes at his place whenever he gets time. And to tell, he craves for various types of Parathas. Therefore, it didn't come as a surprise when he thought of making 'Chocolate Ka Paratha'. He not only thought but also made it for his loving son Aarav. A great cook and a devoted father,Akshay Kumar has brought out his wish to fulfill his son's desire to have chocolates and his own to give him the most nutritious bite. Sounds yummy!

Akshay's such innovations in cooking made the guest's mouth water on the show.

A source says, "Recently superstars like Rishi Kapoor and Randhir Kapoor graced the floor ofMaster Chef India as guest celebrities, Akki happened to share some of his unique recipe with them. And these very excited legends asked Akshay to prepare those unique delicacies for them."

"The superstars had a very good time tasting few dishes on the show prepared by the contestants and trying out their hands on some recipes. Though they didn't get success, they were quite happy to be with the Host Akshay Kumar. The episode will air somewhere in the last few episode of the show," adds source.

This is what happens when you become a part of Master Chef India

Author and Reporter: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

'Master Chef India' will grip the viewers, says Akshay

Spicezee Bureau 

Mumbai: After his stint as the host of the reality show 'Khatron ke Khiladi', Khiladi Kumar will once again be seen on the small screen, presenting a show of a completely different genre, 'Master Chef India'. Akki is all set to exercise his culinary skills and play host to small screen divas on the prime time show. 

Chefs Kunal Kapoor and Ajay Chopra will join the Akshay as co-judges on the show. Talking to a news daily, Akshay said, "Great cooking not only leads to great food but also great drama... and that's what is in store for viewers,".

Apart from his expertise in martial arts, Akshay is also quite known for his culinary skills. But Akshay does not believe he is a chef. "Being a chef is a big deal and an even bigger honour. Cooking is an art in itself, and it is not easy to master", said Akshay while talking to a daily.

With Big B hosting 'Kaun Bangega Crorepati' and Salman Khan presenting 'Bigg Boss 4', Akshay is quite game for comparisons. He believes that comparison is bound to happen. However, all the three shows are of completely different genres. "Amitabhji and Salman are great people, brilliant actors and fantastic hosts. We all have something very different to give, but really we just want to entertain our audiences. It's the channels that have the extra pressure and points to prove. We as actors only have good wishes for each other and I know all of us will be giving our best. Let's just let people enjoy their evening TV time and be happy at how great entertainment is these days." added Akshay. 

Akki is quite convinced that 'Master Chef India' will grip the viewers and get them glued to their seats. It seems that Akshay has picked the tricks of the trade quite well. In spite of having super star Big B and the 'Dabangg' star Salman Khan as his competitors on the small screen, Akshay finds no reason to worry. Great going Akki!

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Akshay Kumar to host a reality show based on the hit American show Top Chef

-By Sonal Chawla: Mumbaimirror
Posted On Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 03:40:12 AM

After hosting Khatron Ke Khiladi, Akshay Kumar is ready to return back to his first love through a new television show. The chef-turned-actor will host his next reality show, which is on the lines of the American competition show Top Chef.

A source reveals, "Akshay was the face of Khatron Ke Khiladi. But then, suddenly one heard that Priyanka Chopra will be hosting the third season of Khatron Ke Khiladi. In fact, there were rumours that Akshay had suggested her name.

After Priyanka replaced him in the third season of the adventure reality show, Akshay had announced that he would be back on television and that he was considering several ideas. Buzz was that the actor was keen to turn producer with his next TV show."

"The actor has finalised on the idea of hosting Top Chef. Talks are on with a production house and things are slowly but surely getting finalised.

Akshay is currently working out the show details including the changes they need to make in the show format so that the new version suits Indian sensibilities," adds the source.

Akshay immediately agreed to host this show as it's a fresh format quite unlike the various dance and music reality shows on television. Contrary to the tough image he is associated with, Akshay will project a far more interactive and friendly image in the new show.

According to the show format, there will be a panel of judges, which might include some actors and also professional chefs, and participants from all across the country.

Akshay is currently shooting for Anees Bazmee's Thank You in Canada. "The show should start by August first week by when Akshay is expected to work out his dates," adds the source.

The channel neither confirmed nor denied the news. Akshay Kumar was unavailable for comment.

Edited by akki-rockstar - 13 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Akshay Kumar to host cookery show on Star Plus

Mumbai, Jun 13 (PTI

After his breath taking stunts in 'Khatron Ki Khiladi', Akshay Kumar is all set to display his culinary skills in a cookery show called 'Master Chef India' on the small screen.

The show will go on air later this year on Star Plus, Star India CEO Uday Shankar told reporters while unveiling a red star which is the new look of the channel.

He denied that the show has been planned to counter 'Khatron Ke Khiladi' season three on Colors which will be hosted by actress Priyanka Chopra.

"Our objective is to put together an entertaining show and the effort is to be one stop shop for all creative urges.

We don't believe in countering individuals no matter how big they are," he said.
DamRyeong thumbnail
Akshay Kumar's cooking days

-indya.com

Akshay Kumar, who is a superstar today has not become a star overnight. He has worked really hard in order to achieve his current success . Yes, he was a martial art teacher in Mumbai and before that he used to work as a chef in Bangkok.

It was a wonderful experience working in Bangkok. I was a free man that time, who was struggling and working hard for his career. I was learning Martial arts that time when I used to work in a restaurant as a chef and that was the best experience of my life," says Akshay Kumar.

If not an actor, he would have been a martial art teacher but how does a cook relate to his life?

"Yes, but I have always loved cooking. Being a Punjabi, food was a priority in my life and I am a good cook, believe me. And since I had that talent, I used it in my needy days because I couldn't have worked on anything else. So, I used my cooking talent and worked as a chef in Bangkok," says the star.

And the journey continues from Bangkok to Mumbai, " Yes, I then shifted to Mumbai as a Martial art teacher. But cooking is something which is my passion and hobby. I love cooking, when I am at home or we are out on picnic, I cook for my family," says Akshay Kumar.

So what does he cook the best?

" My wife says I cook sushi the best and my mother finds my biriyani best," says Akshay.
DamRyeong thumbnail
Stars back on Idiot Box!

Prithwish Ganguly-dnaindia epaper

TV gets set to reload with the superstars of Bollywood, as top names like Priyanka Chopra, Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan are ready to enthrall audiences

After a gap of many months, probably due to the recession that had hit the Indian TV industry with as much force as any other industry causing a cash strap, the superstars are finally back on TV. Industry pundits reveal to After Hrs that the medium has the cash flow to afford B-Town's exorbitant rates."It's been a while since we saw the stars and people want to see their favourite superstars host shows on TV.

Money is not a concern as every channel now has deep pockets and the budget to play with. They want eyeballs," says a highly placed industry source, who is also in the management of a leading TV channel.

Meanwhile, Akshay will also make his big comeback to TV as he has been reportedly approached to host the desi version of cooking reality show Top Chef whose international version is hosted by Padma Lakshmi. Sources reveal the star has been approached with an offer that will make him the highest paid superstar host on TV. "I had a blast during Khatron...so if and when I do another reality show, it will be purely for the thrill," says Khiladi Kumar.
DamRyeong thumbnail

MasterChef recipe spreads to five more countries

Deal for local versions of hit cookery format in India, Israel, Belgium, Ukraine and Netherlands struck by producers Shine

guardianUK.com: Tuesday 3 August 2010 11.06 BST

The independent producer Shine has struck deals for local versions of MasterChef in India, Israel, Belgium, Ukraine and the Netherlands.

India's Star TV has signed Bollywood heartthrob Akshay Kumar as the host of its version.

The deals, which follow the successful debut of a US version, fronted by Gordon Ramsay, last week, mean that the culinary competition format has now been sold to 15 countries. The UK version is broadcast in 145 territories.

The final of the Australian version, which recorded the country's highest ever viewing figures for a non-sport event, was given priority over a party leaders' debate.

"The outstanding showing of MasterChef in the US and Australia, and new sales of the format in one of the most populous countries in the world, demonstrates that there is no bigger food show on the planet," said Chris Grant, president at Shine International.

MasterChef was first produced in the UK by Shine in its latest incarnation in 2005 and since then the format has expanded to include celebrity, junior and professional spin-offs.