Fareed Hasan appreciation thread

Posted: 13 years ago

Born and grown up in the environment of music, Fareed hails from the musical lineage of the renowned Dilli Gharana, where his cradle was literally surrounded by the Stalwarts of renowned artists. 

He would hear the Khayals and Bandishes from his illustrious maternal grand father "Taan Samrat" Ustad Naseer Ahmed Khan. 

He is paternal grandson of sarangi maestro Ustad Mohammed Ahmed Banney Khan and the eldest son of Nizamuddin Khan. 

He took his initial Taleem under Ustad Zafar Ahmed Khan and subsequently by his father and now has been learning the intricacies of the gayaki under the tutelage of Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan, the Khalifa of Dilli Gharana.

nspiring, dedicated and promising talented Fareed reveals imagination and vocal agility to his recitals.  He has rare and gifted voice which is both mellifluous and  has a tremendous reach between the three octaves. 

His charming persona makes the audience spell bound. He possesses a keen understanding of various angs of the gayaki emphasizing lachav-ghulav, his alaap is imaginative while his rhythmic play is pulsating and his taans emerge like rippling cascades. His raga delineation in the alaap is traditional in its finely-etched detailing, in the firat (TaansSargams etc.) he has an uncanny ability to execute movements that is complex and swift. 

With an equal ease he presents thumri,dadra,bhajans,sufi kalaam etc. genre of semi classical vocal. Initiated into the fine art of vocal, Fareed has performed in various concerts, like Baba Harbhallabh Sangeet  Sammellan(jallandhar), Saptak Music Festival(ahmedabad), Swami Hari Daas Sangeet Sammellan etc.

Fareed is part of the fusion band Ozone...

[quote]

The definition of fusion music Ozone is a fusion band based in New Delhi India, which contain pure classical music from Indian culture and just a fragrance of western music in it. We borrow our name as ozone means O (our) ZONE (any encircling or belt like structure).

Since the group was formed, in 2007, ozone has steadily grown to become one of the most respected acts on the Indian music scene. Our sound is a mlange of the styles, moods and textures we have taken in from different cultures and different music systems of the world. Ozone is inspired by the famous band called 'SHAKTI'.

The music of this band is deeply inspired by the famous band of living legends   'SHAKTI '. In our own way, we attempt to dissolve into the world we perceive, and discover music that resonates around us.

Many great musicians, especially in the Indian Classical arena, speak of the pursuit of that incredible moment during performance when the musician becomes the music and forgets his own identity. .

In our composition you will find the mixture of ragas (from Indian classical traditional music) with combination of western music together.
Ozone played in many prestigious festivals in India as well in abroad like in karia music festival (Japan), Namastey India festival Tokyo (Japan). Etc

MEMBERS ARE :-

1.    AZEEM AHMED (SITAR)
2.    DANISH ALI (VIOLON)
3.    FAREED HASAN ( VOCALS)
4.    TRIDIB CHOUDRY (GUITAR)
5.    SOURABH (BASS GUITAR)
6.    ABHISHEK PANDIT (KEY BOARD AND EFFECTS)
7.    HAFEEZ AHMED ( TABLA)
8.    MOHIT (DRUMS)
9.    MOHD AMJAD KHAN ( PERCUSSIONS)[/quote]

Fareed Hasan Niyazi is a great classical singer and was already selected among top 54 contestant of Zee sa re ga ma pa 2010 for mega audition at Mumbai, but unfortunately Fareed hasan suffered from Chicken pox at the time and was unable to participate in mega audition. Now Fareed Hasan Niyazi took the opportunity of wild card challenger of Zee saregamapa and impressed all the judges and was unanimously selected among final 11 contestants of Zee saregamapa 2010

Profile and Biography of Fareed Hasan Niyazi

Fareed Hasan Niyazi is a classical singer and is inspired by Mohammad Rafi and latha mangeshkar. Favorite singers of Fareed Hasan Niyazi are Mohammad rafi and Latha Mangeshkar only. Fareed Hasan Niyazi is simple person and a great singer. He finds Zee Saregamapa as a superb platform to represent Indian music. Guru of Fareed Hasan Niyazi is Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan and singing style of Fareed hasan Niyazi is mainly Indian classical, though he is also comfortable in western classical and other forms of songs.

Personal Information of Fareed Hasan Niyazi

Date of Birth of Fareed Hasan Niyazi - 14th June 1985
Age of Fareed Hasan Niyazi, Contestant zee Hero Honda sa re ga ma pa 2010 is 25 years.
Birth place of Fareed Hasan Niyazi - Delhi

Edited by Indradhanush - 13 years ago
I appreciate, appreciate and appreciate him from the auditions😊

please add me in as his first appreciator😊
I'll mm. I always am fan of those who excel in any form of gayaki but perfectly, this is reason why I prefer Sniti over some others.

FH is quite strong in classical.
Originally posted by Indradhanush

I'll mm. I always am fan of those who excel in any form of gayaki but perfectly, this is reason why I prefer Sniti over some others.

FH is quite strong in classical.

With sniti and fareed it is going to be delicious, oops i mean some great singing👏

I am really looking forward to some fantastic treat from both of them😃
[YOUTUBE]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejOMYIFeTQ[/YOUTUBE]

RAAG kAMOD?
Add me too. I was impressed by his performance in the auditions.

Sniti needs some real competition too.
Need to see singing of Fareed, he needs some more polishing on lower notes but gosh he is really flowing in madhya & upper saptak & beyond (falsetto) beautifully.
He is so good why on earth is he coming to be judged by a bunch of clowns.😲He should wait and when the oppurtunity comes he must take the offer.He is an established and professional singer....its a mistake him coming to srgmp.
yeah, noticed that😊

But, he is still a cut and more above the rest😊
Originally posted by amukta

He is so good why on earth is he coming to be judged by a bunch of clowns.😲He should wait and when the oppurtunity comes he must take the offer.He is an established and professional singer....its a mistake him coming to srgmp.

I so wished for him to come back on this stage. now i wish i could unwish that.😊

What will these jokers judge him on?😉

may be he could take a few lessons for these guys?😉

From next week, classical lessons on SRGMP, get ready folks, you could also pick up a few things😆